This is why vocals will never matter in Kpop or any kind of regular pop you might see in the Hot 100.

• I uploaded this clip several times in the old site i think but havent done it for the new forum. It's the best live performance of Bey's epic Halo ever done. Just look at mah girl go off. It's worth it to listen to the whole thing if you havent already.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So let's not debate about vocals in Kpop or in local pop for that matter. In this age of autotune and break dance level choreo, why even bother concerning ourselves with irrevelant topics like vocals? No one in Kpop will be allowed to just stand and belt like this, with the choreo they literally physically arent allowed to support their vocals, and even on the off chance they were allowed to stand still and sing with no back track and autotune, no one could touch what a true vocal powerhouse like Morissette could do.

• is pop music, you do not need great vocals to sing pop music.

• Are you telling me you stan a group that can even come within 1000 miles of Morissette? :pepe-hips:

I'm just sayin, it's not worth debating vocals when no one in Kpop can come close to the pinnacle, the epitome of pop vocalism. :yesr:

Someone isn’t better just because they are non Korean. I do stan people who have excellent vocals and are successful both🫡💯

• Why do you always post Western non kpop acts.

No one cares brother.

It's a kpop forum.

And by the way, she HAS done Kpop, did the best version of BigMama's Resignation ever live X(

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

• I uploaded this clip several times in the old site i think but havent done it for the new forum. It's the best live performance of Bey's epic Halo ever done. Just look at mah girl go off. It's worth it to listen to the whole thing if you havent already.

So let's not debate about vocals in Kpop or in local pop for that matter. In this age of autotune and break dance level choreo, why even bother concerning ourselves with irrevelant topics like vocals? No one in Kpop will be allowed to just stand and belt like this, with the choreo they literally physically arent allowed to support their vocals, and even on the off chance they were allowed to stand still and sing with no back track and autotune, no one could touch what a true vocal powerhouse like Morissette could do.

i can walk in to a karaoke room downtown,open a door and probably find one singing just like her.

• And by the way, she HAS done Kpop, did the best version of BigMama's Resignation ever live X(

She's not kpop.

• see this is why companies are debuting people who can't even carry 1 note properly ;judgingpepe:

Vocals don't matter anymore because people will listen to anything these days, it's not like the old days when you had to actually have talent to debut, thanks 4th gen stans. I blame you all.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• ur criteria for good singing it the king of masked singer?

Yes, the Korean King of Masked Singer which has been around since 2015. Many idols have gone on it, but less than 10 have won it.

• Yes, the Korean King of Masked Singer which has been around since 2015. Many idols have gone on it, but less than 10 have won it.

Well, when someone from their ult group wins it then it will be a good metric of vocal talent. :pepe-use-head:

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her.gif

see this is why companies are debuting people who can't even carry 1 note properly ;judgingpepe:

Vocals don't matter anymore because people will listen to anything these days, it's not like the old days when you had to actually have talent to debut, thanks 4th gen stans. I blame you all.

Who's the girl in your sig? I'm not familiar with this 3rd gen group. ;judgingpepe:

• Who's the girl in your sig? I'm not familiar with this 3rd gen group. ;judgingpepe:

That's okay, her name is Hayran from the 3rd gen girl group "We jeans" they are a bit nugu because only I know them but not many ask about her! love my queen hayran.

no further questions on this matter.

• Belt lyrics with stable beautiful voice high notes and all while dancing gee man infinite does that everyday without back track and dancing too😎.

Now all the newer gen likely can't do that but let's face the facts. Times have changed and live vocal prowess isn't as important as it should be. So your infinite's exo's SHINee 's are going the way of the dinosaur. Because fans today just want a pretty face and some dick measuring contest of who can small number BIG numba and that's it.

• see this is why companies are debuting people who can't even carry 1 note properly ;judgingpepe:

hmmm u should probably blame armies, blinks and onces for this not 4th gen stans, by then the damage was irreversible

• The 2 most popular 3rd gen gg can sing ? :pepestare:

No, but they can carry a tune. Maybe not twice. But Blackpink can, and they have stable vocals.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, NOBODY CARES ABOUT VOCALS ANYMORE! because 4th gen stans are too busy making terrible tiktok songs viral, so no company prioritizes vocal training except maybe SM, and dancing is becoming more important than singing which is all 4th gen stans fault because they were in charge of keeping singing in check in this new generation.

NO more questions on this matter!!

• Basically what I'm trying to say is, NOBODY CARES ABOUT VOCALS ANYMORE!

Kpop fans never cared, they cant even make the difference between live or not.

What i'm saying is 2nd and mostly 3rd most popular group have low vocal skills, why company would want to debut 4th gen or 5th gen group with vocal skills if Kpop fans enjoy shit ? they will just produce shit cause it's what people want.

• Dunno what are you talking about.

It might not be thw priority nowadays but it's still a big stan attractor that's for sure.

Besides the choreo, I got into SNSD and was windblown by Taeyeon.

I would label EXO just another annoying boyband for teens to swoon over if it wasn't for their vocals when I got into kpop.

Some of the several highlights in BTS are JK's adlibs and solo bits (aka ON).

Mamamoo literally stands out for their vocals (best example - Miss You)

It's the case for some groups, but not ALL of them.

• I'm getting second-hand embarrassment from OP. This is a KPOP forum, not PPOP. Plus PPOP also has its own share of problems.

If new group debut with no talent it's not 4th gen stan you need to blame but 3rd gen stan :thinkerpepe:

Girl, we both stan MMM and they can sing. What's with this friendly fire? /j :pepenomad:

Lol but seriously there's a lot of 3rd gen success stans *cough* once who compared Twice to IU   :pepe-torch:

• She looks like she enjoys singing, it is nice seeing (and hearing) singers who are like that.

I feel like it shows on her face how hard it is to belt in a true live performance, to sing with your whole chest. You can't be worried about looking cute or sexy or whatever if you're singing a real song live like this.

If a singer is supposedly belting out G5 with full mixed voice during a climax of a song all while flipping their hair or winking at us, you dont even need to hear a single note to know that's being lip synced lol. You could literally leave it on mute and still know.

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!