[theqoo] KPOP TRENDS THAT ARE DISAPPEARING

• [theqoo] KPOP TRENDS THAT ARE DISAPPEARING

AVvXsEg-BlbzgHfzYEUVbOPJO9frncKabQoY4WA5pHZsKYRSK9eCZjtrOrD2AAWzZLT6VtAxHhowa5BVuZDuX15hqXJvPpbgri2mxk5I-LyPa7Tqv_hJXkGjQDbitktRnGbCxsClVx2J0Q76G-rhpL40pfdnwHUOJ2zBiam7uJ_LkMmd74lKR-C2i68UnWDJVqs=s16000

"Songs over 3 minutes"

The trend is short and impactful songs
    NewJeans entire album of 'Get Up'
    ENHYPEN - Sweet Venom 2:28
    IVE - Baddie 2:35
    Le Sserafim - Perfect Night 2:39
    AKMU - LoveLee 2:59

AVvXsEghowlsm618SUtkJTShgiZE71gtc8NyqaepIwfEqftVGNCxsX9X9jCWPWZtMe7YKM-aF69QMX87fAHEZX7E_nI-ulSUj4UyyrER5zIKYC_rQ4g2jB2wIWgQpvbqHzzA-cBHPtTExWu2a8BSVtp2n2YywUdfpiKNCZV3KMMJnYqk9U-Zd6mFNHxSiKbR9m4=s16000

Members per position

Main/sub/center positions disappeared

Boy and girl groups, especially the 4th generation groups, I guess it's done for convenience for the fans
    There's no more established official position for the members

AVvXsEiR2EWjB1jpdvMN9e0UBlWcGI9NvauwmiV5q8boYEV2_MEHOTvQ4_oZQk5OxKqktoPGOl13Acg8Lg3_15Kv_vwuqKTrZXfXGh_Na2PIHZLiL9C8UtbyH8rZ7IuZDQueN_GXpZFu3Agg57sc1ypwV0Nes6fmJhVuWZEhcGcdwV_ZOEQ4CqqAXXTt4rCd28o=s16000

High notes in the chorus

Rather than having a high note in the chorus, instead, they're just repeating the song's title

Cake Cake Cake
    Drama Drama Drama
    Queen Card Queen Card Queen Card
    Baddie Baddie Baddie

AVvXsEgj1KI-pxX-i2MuT0G6JQS6vW2OCu5dUCQtmaGxZWaUKPGMi2qRKYaIX8lr3IWhb2LvnyKnAwdOLqMQuJ2t0gajM6ETgkc7V1nRyXPQh03fMiO99n6uj7EDsY4sEJ3LI-cAdXqiaBzBOHZQzoR6M2FPu88CKRHzFn2_syThGM53vcpYPi5prny-dLGjcz0=s16000

Full albums

The prefernece is for mini albums (Because of comeback periods and production cost)

NewJeans 2 years into their debut --> 0 full album, 2 mini albums
    aespa 3 years into their debut --> 0 full album, 4 mini albums
    ITZY 4 years into their debut --> 1 full album, 8 mini albums
    (G)i-dle 5 years into their debut --> 1 full album, 6 mini albums

original post: here

1. Who cares about high notes in their chorus? We're simply asking them to sing live at this point ㅋㅋ They have a song that's barely 2 minutes, so many people to split the parts into, but more and more kids can't sing at all

2. I loved the high notes though ㅠㅠ

3. Nowadays, if you look at the majority of idols, compared to their skills, their overblown popularity and the money they earn, their songs f*cking suck

4. That's why I like NMIXX who are sticking with high notes and are good on stage ㅋㅋ

5. It's such a shame that Tik Tok challenges songs are the norm

6. They're all songs just for Reels and Shorts...

7. Right now, there are groups between 5 to 10 people, but not a song above 3 minutesㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. Can they just make it at least 3 minutesㅠㅠ

9. It's because they have no vocals that they can't hit high notes..

10. 2 minutes songs feel so short, they sound like intros

[theqoo] KPOP TRENDS THAT ARE DISAPPEARING
    We translate Pann articles about Korean news, music, drama and lifestyle
    www.pannchoa.com

• EXO released ALBUMS and for that I’m always grateful.

Imo the shorter songs will be hype at the release because they’re easy to listen to and make tiktok videos to but they’ll become dated really quick and forgotten.

In terms of sheer musical fineness and quality, K-pop’s gone down.

Well it’s whatever I still enjoy these songs rn. Who cares if I don’t listen to them five years from now.

• Its the tiktok era.

A lot of trash songs are being released where only 10 seconds of the song is catchy so it can goes viral on tiktok, and the rest of the song is trash.

• Making songs just to go viral on TikTok or Reels is what is ruining the fun. Focusing too much on the catchiness, without taking into account how the overall song sounds like. Songs are losing structure. No bridges.

It would've been okay if it weren't for the majority of artists pandering to this trend.

Not long ago, only title-tracks were made to go tiktok viral but now they are making every song in the album follow the same trend. :-(

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

27dbe724372b809813a823b7367393edb58cad57.gifv

• At least 3 points on there could be said to some other gen's group and not just 4th gen. So essentially, each gen got a bit of everything.

If its catchy and is being streamed, why change formula. If someone don't like it, there are TONS of other amazing artists out there. If you keep going back to the same group who makes songs you don't like, it seems like a you problem tbh.

---======---

• Companies are still aren’t aware how songs go viral. Everything songs can go viral for whatever reason, and the length has never been a problem So it’s funny how they think with lazy English lyrics and short songs it’s easier when there are songs over 3/4 minutes smashing.

Facts! You need catchy part not short song lol

But I think they are having short songs for different reasons, it is easier to stream short songs.

• Making songs just to go viral on TikTok or Reels is what is ruining the fun. Focusing too much on the catchiness, without taking into account how the overall song sounds like. Songs are losing structure. No bridges.

It would've been okay if it weren't for the majority of artists pandering to this trend.

Not long ago, only title-tracks were made to go tiktok viral but now they are making every song in the album follow the same trend. :-(

Exactly, and that's a problem not only in kpop rn, but also in pop music as a whole. My dad (musician) was actually talking to me about this last week and saying how incredibly repetitive and predictable music is nowadays, that pretty much all songs now start with the chorus, have less than 3 minutes and the concept of bridges, full albums, instrumental breaks etc are far gone now, generally.

It's pretty clear that most songs nowadays are built around a certain key-word/phrase/hook tailored made to be tiktok-friendly, and that very little thought is put into the rest of the song.

It doesn't mean that there can't be good songs that follow this tiktok trend, and tiktok can actually be beneficial for some artists careers and can even revive older songs which is refreshing, but it's disappointing to see how the music industry has developed into because of it.

• The short song trend really makes me mad because more often than not these songs have no bridges and no properly fleshed out choruses.

The songs usually go chorus -> verse 1-> (ctrl V) chorus -> verse 2 -> (ctrl V) chorus. And there's no variation in the repeated choruses, literally just copy paste the same exact part. If you're lucky you'll get another chorus as if the first 3 times weren't enough do drill it into your head

ead47f74c3dc14bd46149812f2155b77.jpgImage ⁘ 007833105f6b7733cb4d3f8c61fa19ae.jpg3291b57d2612af71f190a448dba0c51c.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!