Previous me would also complain that Babymonster is similar to 2ne1 and Blackpink

• But after Itzy and Nmixx?? Come one people, maybe it is actually good to keep things simple and give people what they want instead of trying to give every single group a "unique" concept. Afterall there is a limit to interesting concepts you can come up with.

Besides since nobody is actually making heavily hip hop leaning girl groups, perhaps YG IS actually being unique in that regards, don't you agree? Seriously, tell me another 4th gen group that'd pull this off, you can't. And perhaps other agencies, mainly SM and JYP, should actually find their own niche and create groups that they are uniquely positioned to create instead of trying to make their groups rap for example?

Again, I fail to see how that's a bad thing. Look at the cars. Like every car brand has their own unique design language which they slightly modify for a new car. Every BMW has that dual grill, it can be different sizes and forms but you'll always recognize it. It makes them easy to recognize, it is part of the brand, why would they change it?

If Babymonster was a carbon copy of 2ne1 and BP, I'd get it but they aren't. They are like the new BMW i series, a modernized and electrified reimagining of the century old BMW design.

• But after Itzy and Nmixx?? Come one people, maybe it is actually good to keep things simple and give people what they want instead of trying to give every single group a "unique" concept. Afterall there is a limit to interesting concepts you can come up with.

that's not wrong actually

for the moment only SM and HYBE have prove to be able to do groups with different onept from each other and makee them successfull

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• but ITZY starting combo Dalla Dalla - ICY - Wannabe

was amazing

something went wrong later on, or rather should I say that Not Shy wasn't "it"

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• but ITZY starting combo Dalla Dalla - ICY - Wannabe

was amazing

something went wrong later on, or rather should I say that Not Shy wasn't "it"

Nah, Icy sucked big time and Wannabe was a reskinned Dalla Dalla. Going into Not Shy they were already in trouble.

• They are like the new BMW i series, a modernized and electrified reimagining of the century old BMW design.

Yeah, I was hoping to see the modernized version of YGE sound but the song they delivered doesn't bring that to the table. Take other YG groups and mix em up and you will get something like Batter up.

For me the more accurate analogy would be that they are like a newer version of iPhone, they remove some of the good features and try to sell it at as a better more expensive version. :waterr:

But oh well its just a single anyways who knows how rushed this was given that Ahyeon situation.

• Nah, Icy sucked big time and Wannabe was a reskinned Dalla Dalla. Going into Not Shy they were already in trouble.

you just said about giving people what they want xD

I will give you example of what's 'not it'

remember Oh My Girl - Nonstop - Dolphin - Dun Dun Dance

and what happened then when Real Love was released?

that's exact example of what you said don't do different things and try this or that

but then again it wasn't OMG fault, it was just whole RBW/WM messing things out

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yes, but Icy wasn't what people wanted. I don't get why we are trying to rewrite it, Icy was met with absolute disgust by everyone.

Totally agree about OMG tho

• They feel like a mix of BP and ITZY, but with a boring BP song. But I have no problem if they copy 2NE1 and BP , if they have good songs. Sadly, the first one was boring, as many of the latest songs from BP.

• I would agree with you if the music was good but it's not. If YG wants to continue the hip-hop girl crush concept, so be it, but at least make the music good. and tbh it really isn't a good thing, nobody will be stanning babymonster if their music is boring and uninspired, so YG isn't really doing anything smart here, they are just lazy and out of ideas as usual. literally, nobody wanted this concept or sound. Nothing is even modern or fresh about babymonster it's just another terrible debut produced by YG.

YG has no creativity anymore, it's not hard to hire somebody who can come up with ideas for you, this is why YG will always fall behind SM and HYBE because they always come up with fresher concepts and music for their groups. YG is about as boring as it can get. Aren't they a big 3 company? they have money to come up with a unique concept and hire new producers.

• Yes, but Icy wasn't what people wanted. I don't get why we are trying to rewrite it, Icy was met with absolute disgust by everyone.

Totally agree about OMG tho

I actually liked the first three songs because they've actually had "same color" for me

it's like when you look at STAYC and think about ASAP, RUN2U, Poppy

that you know, ahhh this is so STAYC like song

it was the same then for me, it was ITZY's vibe that I liked very much

• that's not wrong actually

for the moment only SM and HYBE have prove to be able to do groups with different onept from each other and makee them successfull

I disagree with this, Wonder Girls, Miss A and Twice sound nothing alike and all have distinct concepts from each other. I could even add Itzy to this mix because for 3 years they were extremely successful, they are maybe no longer on their peak but doesn't mean they are not successful group.

Afterall people considered JYP the best company for girl groups.

• Dude, it is okay to like things, I also liked M&M which everyone hated, but I am comparing chart wise not opinion wise. Icy was objectively not well received and Wannabe suffred as a result.

Besides Itzy's problem is complex, it is not even just the songs, it is also how they sing them. They are yelling the songs at you and it just gets tiring with every subsequent release.

• I disagree with this, Wonder Girls, Miss A and Twice sound nothing alike and all have distinct concepts from each other. I could even add Itzy to this mix because for 3 years they were extremely successful, they are maybe no longer on their peak but doesn't mean they are not successful group.

Afterall people considered JYP the best company for girl groups.

But he said 'for the moment' meaning now which is true. JYP GGs may have been great in the past but rn they are running out of ideas in the music & concept department and you know I'm right. Let's not even get into YG with whatever that new group was

HYBE on the other hand have LSFM & NewJeans serving interesting concepts and SM have aespa/Red Velvet doing the same (even in spite of LSM depaurtre). You just need to look at how SM/HYBE groups are doing on charts compared to YG (sans BP) and JYP. The former is blowing the latter out of the water rn for the reasons I said above

• But he said 'for the moment' meaning now which is true. JYP GGs are running out of ideas in the music & concept department and you know I'm right. Let's not even get into YG with whatever that new group was

HYBE on the other hand have LSFM & NewJeans serving interesting concepts and SM have aespa/Red Velvet doing the same (even in spite of LSM depaurtre). You just need to look at how SM/HYBE groups are doing on charts compared to YG (sans BP) and JYP. The former is blowing the latter out of the water rn for the reasons I said above

Are they currently running out of ideas or not, JYP is definitely another comapny, aside from SM and Hybe, which had successful groups with distinctive concepts and music. We will see if with them this is just rough patch or something else.

I definitely wouldn't put them in same category as YG, one of the most uninspiring companies ever.

• Besides since nobody is actually making heavily hip hop leaning girl groups,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!