Who's bigger in South Korea? NewJeans now or Twice during their peak?

• Momoland!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

just joking

but it would be cool if they were

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The public has enjoyed more new jeans songs than twice songs in any calendar year that’s a fact. Twice’s discography was never popular in Korea only their title track. So if you ask me I’d say New Jeans in unquestionably bigger on terms of chart performance.

But even a single is enough to make someone “popular” so the question of if twice is more “known”/“recognized” than New Jeans is harder to answer. But I’ll go with Twice. Imo Twice was popular for being Twice. I don’t believe New Jeans members have the recognition or pull that twice members had. Imo HYBE and MHJ are talked about more than New Jeans. Yes this is true for big3 in general but for New Jeans it is their most dominant factor.

Chart Performance : New Jeans

Recognition as idols : Twice

• Twice’s discography was never popular in Korea only their title track. So if you ask me I’d say New Jeans in unquestionably bigger on terms of chart performance.

Oh here we go, first dumb take. Perhaps it is because everyone and their mothers promote more than one single at a time? Didn't Ive, Gidle, Le Sserafim all score hits with "b sides", which aren't really Bsides anymore if you think about it.

• Oh here we go, first dumb take. Perhaps it is because everyone and their mothers promote more than one single at a time? Didn't Ive, Gidle, Le Sserafim all score hits with "b sides", which aren't really Bsides anymore if you think about it.

Where did I say b sides or anything. New Jeans have more songs that are popular than Twice in a year. This is a fact. It’s irrefutable. It cannot be argued. Yes they have even more popular songs than Gidle and others as well.

I don’t know what you’re trying to refute here. As for promoted single and stuff those are silly arguments…even twice would have flopped maybe if they weren’t from JYPE. Those ar marketing decisions taken by a company that lead to groups being popular. “Promo makes a group more popular” like duh. Yes it does. I don’t care WHY the songs charted. Only that it did.

Has new jeans charted more songs in one year? Yes they have. Hence their chart performance is Unquestionably higher.

• Where did I say b sides or anything. New Jeans have more songs that are popular than Twice in a year. This is a fact. It’s irrefutable. It cannot be argued. Yes they have even more popular songs than Gidle and others as well.

I don’t know what you’re trying to refute here. As for promoted single and stuff those are silly arguments…even twice would have flopped maybe if they weren’t from JYPE. Those ar marketing decisions taken by a company that lead to groups being popular. “Promo makes a group more popular” like duh. Yes it does. I don’t care WHY the songs charted. Only that it did.

Has new jeans charted more songs in one year? Yes they have. Hence their chart performance is Unquestionably higher.

You make no sense. Like nowadays GG songs have more longevity, so yeah they cb often their old songs still chart. It’s common sense.

• Where did I say b sides or anything. New Jeans have more songs that are popular than Twice in a year. This is a fact. It’s irrefutable. It cannot be argued. Yes they have even more popular songs than Gidle and others as well.

Do you want me to just repeat what I already said? Different release strategy. Twice albums would only invest into one song while the rest would be fillers. With New Jeans albums Hybe treats every single as a separate release, with MV, promotion and etc. Your way of comparison certainly benefits NJ and it doesn't make any sense. Why having multiple hits a year be better than one of you only put out one?

• Do you want me to just repeat what I already said? Different release strategy. Twice albums would only invest into one song while the rest would be fillers. With New Jeans albums Hybe treats every single as a separate release, with MV, promotion and etc. Your way of comparison certainly benefits NJ and it doesn't make any sense. Why having multiple hits a year be better than one of you only put out one?

I don’t care? The end result isnew jeans have more charting songs and twice didnt. This is a fact. so for chart performance new jeans is higher.

Also you seem incapable of reading because I split my categories into two : recognition Vs chart. And that’s exactly what you’re saying as well 😭 even with one song you can be recognized more I literally said that and said I place twice higher.

• We should wait before judging, as you said Twice was the biggest gg from 2016 to 2018 so we should wait a couple of years to see if NJ can continue at this level. Twice got a big level of recognition after those years of dominance it's not like if they released Cheer up and they were considered the biggest gg ever, they were just the trendy group that was on the top spot in that moment, and they managed to hold that position doing the things right.

What I can tell you though is that in these 15 months what NJ have done is completely unprecedented, not just compared to Twice but there isn't any group with a huge impact like this in such a short amount of time.

• Not comparable really.

The difference in impact/peak will be how long it takes SK to stop giving af about New Jeans. It took SK 8/9 Twice songs but Twice also had a lot less competition.

4th gen just have bigger girl groups in SK on average (due to the existence of Hybe) and that skews the conversation :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• Most of them are chill but ofc NJ have success stans on this forum if you look at their past history, they just love to drop their favs when they lose relevancy.

Both of you should stop projecting.

One fan makes a thread on AKP and you start attacking an entire fanbase.

Literally zero NJ fans have contributed to the responses in this thread.

That behavior just makes you look childish and petty :pepe-shrug:

Twice was demolishing GG, competing with BG in term of sales. The gap between NJ and other 4th gen GG is barely existant so I don’t know why we pretend they’re above everyone else it’s hilarious.

Lmao :pepe-joy:

• I don’t care? The end result isnew jeans have more charting songs and twice didnt. This is a fact. so for chart performance new jeans is higher.

Also you seem incapable of reading because I split my categories into two : recognition Vs chart. And that’s exactly what you’re saying as well 😭 even with one song you can be recognized more I literally said that and said I place twice higher.

"Twice has better charting because Twice has a hit song released in November but New Jeans doesn't have a hit song released in November, I am just stating a fact" - this is exactly what you sound like.

Again, you still haven't even evaluated why is having multiple songs chart is better than just one. You seem to think that it is "just obvious" but for many of us it is not. So bother explaining.

• Not you feeling Threatened when I didn’t mention some name lol. I literally said tokkies are a chill fandom but they have some success Stans.

Why are you laughing at ? As If you weren’t trying to push the narrative that they’re bigger than BP. Be serious :thumbs-up:

• No I mean what makes Nj stans so sure Nj is bigger? Twice was competing against bgs in sales and nowadays every gg sell about the same amount, also Twice had more streams and ULs and 9 consecutive #1 hits... What exactly does Nj have above them in their rookie era, in South Korea? The paks in an empty house chart or the amount of promoted songs charting all at once? Sorry if i sound shady but sometimes its literally like u guys ask for it.

I know i'll probably be quoted by more like 3 or 4 diehard nj stans as I say this so I already tell yall ur talking with a wall bc in no world i'll ever be convinced current nj is bigger than rookie twice in south korea. But i know yall only do it for the nj likes so enjoy it

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

Edited once, last by alexS: removed insult ().

• "Twice has better charting because Twice has a hit song released in November but New Jeans doesn't have a hit song released in November, I am just stating a fact" - this is exactly what you sound like.

Again, you still haven't even evaluated why is having multiple songs chart is better than just one. You seem to think that it is "just obvious" but for many of us it is not. So bother explaining.

You want me to explain why…charting more songs is…more impressive?

If it’s not obvious to you that’s on you. I don’t particularly care. For me chart performance is how many songs you’re able to chart. I will not change my criteria.

• Not you feeling Threatened when I didn’t mention some name lol. I literally said tokkies are a chill fandom but they have some success Stans.

Why are you laughing at ? As If you weren’t trying to push the narrative that they’re bigger than BP. Be serious :thumbs-up:

I'm threatened? Oh no. Not the insecure girl group stans of AKP. I'm truly fearful for my life.

Why are you so defensive? If the shoe doesn't fit, right? You can have as many takes that lack any basis in reality (like the one I laughed at) as you want, but using one thread as an opportunity to generalize an entire fandom is primary school behavior and I'll call it out as such.

Keep it topical or keep out the topic.

• What is this argument of Twice competing with bg sales though, that's not true.

In 2016 they reached 300k sales thanks to the Christmas version of Lane 1, and in that moment Exo and BTS were already selling 700k albums

In 2017-2018 they already started selling 300k+ albums with their comebacks normally, but in 2017 BTS and Exo were already dropping million sellers and we had W1 doubling Twice's numbers.

Also the physical sales can't be applied looking at how messed up physical sales are nowadays you can't use that as reference, are we really going to act like if Seventeen and Stray kids selling more than BTS in their peak is normal? We can't judge NJ sales, the physical market doesn't work in the same way it used to work before.

• No I mean what makes Nj stans so sure Nj is bigger? Twice was competing against bgs in sales and nowadays every gg sell about the same amount, also Twice had more streams and ULs and 9 consecutive #1 hits... What exactly does Nj have above them in their rookie era, in South Korea? The paks in an empty house chart or the amount of promoted songs charting all at once? Sorry if i sound shady but sometimes its literally like u guys ask for it.

I know i'll probably be quoted by more like 3 or 4 diehard nj stans as I say this so I already tell yall ur talking with a wall bc in no world i'll ever be convinced current nj is bigger than rookie twice in south korea. But i know yall only do it for the nj circlejerk likes so enjoy it

Sales are not from South Korea so what’s the point of discussing it all.

And also wha do you mean twice was competing with BG’s for sales?

• It spawned from the same fantasy land that gave us equally divorced from reality statements like there's very little separation between NewJeans and their peers in South Korea :pepe-joy:

• Sales are not from South Korea so what’s the point of discussing it all.

And also wha do you mean twice was competing with BG’s for sales?

1. The 9 consecutive #1 hits and bigger ULs and streams still exist if we remove the physicals

2. They were the only gg in the top10 best selling kpop groups lists before bp started showing their strength in physicals

JCsIq3Q.gif

I know i'll probably be quoted by more like 3 or 4 diehard nj stans as I say this so I already tell yall ur talking with a wall bc in no world i'll ever be convinced current nj is bigger than rookie twice in south korea. But i know yall only do it for the nj circlejerk likes so enjoy it

The numbers have more value than your feelings. NewJeans are making history with theirs and are breaking through any record any girl group had in Korea before their arrival.

I have no interest in convincing you. I have seen the entirety of Twice's career arc and spent time in Seoul twice during their peak.

NewJeans is bigger :pepe-shrug:

• The numbers have more value than your feelings. NewJeans are making history with theirs and are breaking through any record any girl group had in Korea before their arrival.

I have no interest in convincing you. I have seen the entirety of Twice's career arc and spent time in Seoul twice during their peak.

NewJeans is bigger :pepe-shrug:

Obvious speech of someone who doesnt believe what theyre saying lmao

JCsIq3Q.gif

• It's a completely different era. Twice came when girl groups with large fandoms were rare so they stood out for dominating in both digitals and physicals to an almost anomalous level.

Nowadays girl groups have extreme strength in both physicals and digital sales. They're all killing it in so many ways

I'll give it to Twice because they held a significant gap on their peers. NewJeans doesn't (don't @ me Yama)

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• This thread contains 184 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!