No, seriously, what's the right time to start being very critical of your favorite group for you guys?

• I am getting unfairly called out for being very vocal about Twice's current state, so I just wanna know what needed to happen for me to be justified in your eyes?

Jihyo had a solo debut after 8 years. 8 freaking years of anticipation. Like this was the most hyped thing, this should've been an event, this should kicked everyone in the balls, this should've been the best thing JYP ent have in the library. And it fucking stinked. It was a totall ass. How is it not the right time and what should a "good Once" reaction be to such a failure?

This was much wars than The Marvels fiasco that's happening right now. And Marvel stans are rioting. And yall are telling me to consume the product and anticipate the next product? Really looking forward to your replies out of pure curiously.

• You can be critical whenever you feel like, peak or flop era.

I personally don't criticise group because I don't know shit about music/singing/charting/ranking etc. I feel like you need to have some level of knowledge before you get to say shit about what's objectively good or bad. Idm your threads about Twice music direction change or them not doing well on charts etc as long as you're not saying unnecessary stuff targeting specific idols for having opinions or autonomy. Tbh it's fun to read your threads about twice and I agree with you on some points while disagree with others.

I don't see you as a bad once, just a very opinionated one.

Also music taste is quite subjective in fact quite changeable too, I like Jihyo's solo album even if its not doing well, that doesn't mean I am trying to be a good once and being supportive - I genuinely enjoyed it.

• What others have said.

Why piss, moan and continue to consume?

If you no longer like it, say your piece once and move on.

I'm a Western comics reader. Been into comics a LOT longer than I've been into Kpop. I've picked up and dropped books so, so, so many times in that time. I've loved a book for a long time in it's run, then it's changed for whatever reason and I no longer liked it. I could piss and moan and continue buying a series I no longer like, or I could just drop it and move on. Which is what I do. I then check in occasionally and check online stuff to see if anythings changed and sometimes I jump back on when a writer changes or theres a relaunch.

Most recent being with Amazing Spiderman. Zeb Wells has fucking BUTCHERED the book and the character (and even worse for Mary Jane). It's literally the worst run in decades for Spiderman books. So I quit reading and buying. I still have all the old Spiderman stuff I enjoyed and that doesn't change.

Musically, pre kpop, it's been the same for me for groups likes Metallica. I used to LOVE them, but no longer do. So I no longer bother. I can still listen to old Metallica, that hasn't gone anywhere just because their new stuff is shit.

I guess theres an element of sunk cost fallacy involved in not being able to let go. You've spent all this time and money being into a group, a series, a comic that when you no longer enjoy because of how much you've invested into it previously

• Most recent being with Amazing Spiderman. Zeb Wells has fucking BUTCHERED the book and the character (and even worse for Mary Jane). It's literally the worst run in decades for Spiderman books. So I quite reading and buying. I still have all the old Spiderman stuff I enjoyed and that doesn't change.

You really thought that you can convince a gamergate and comicsgate user with this? lol No way I am moving on, I don't care if you think participating in a culture war is above you, my ideals are different.

• You really thought that you can convince a gamergate and comicsgate user with this? lol No way I am moving on, I don't care if you think participating in a culture war is above you, my ideals are different.

Culture War? What the actual fuck are you on about ya slimy dweeb?

The book just sucks now. The storyline sucks. There's nothing culture war about it. It's a shit storyline with shit characterization and shit justifications. Theres no "culture war" to it. Zeb Wells wrote one of the best X-men books in recent years, so its disappointing as fuck that his ASM sucks so hard.

And of COURSE someone like YOU would be involved in Gamergate. Of course...

• Real talk, I think you're missing the point.

It's not about you and your opinions.

It's about every other Twice fan trying to enjoy something then you coming along like a wet blanket and making it less enjoyable with your incessant moaning.

You're incredibly passionate about them, and that's pretty cool, but when you just consistently aggravate everyone around you it's tiring for those that want to chill and enjoy some good ol' kpop vibes.

• Look Twice fans have been happy about their releases every one is satisfied except you because Twice isn’t pooling the same huge numbers that they used to meaning you can’t use them as a bragging tool to boost your ego and it hurts you that’s why you can’t let go and act like an obsessed ex

If they are then why did nobody stream Jihyo's album? lol

• The decline of comics and gaming has everything to do with the culture

• Solos "stinks" like 80% of the time.... they mostly just get some left over songs to do their thing and be happy.

I start to complain and get crititical about my favourite groups when they start have too many boring songs. I can accept one or maybe two boring song in a row, but three? no.......

I can take Blackpink for an example, the their first two years was good, then the boring stuff started:

Ddu-Du Ddu-Du->"Hm.... this was pretty boring stuff".

Kill This Love->"Sigh.... yet an other boring song??, come on"

How You Like That->"Okay, I understand, they are going to do this boring shit forever, the earlier style is dead"

• It might be time to move onto other groups that are similar to how Twice was in the past.

I've implied this before. STAYC is a lot like that. They have Black Eyed Pilseung, who produced some of Twice's greatest works. Not that I want you to follow the same trajectory as your history with Twice, but they might be what you're looking for.

But again, maybe the music doesn't even matter to you. Maybe you're just addicted to the idea of defeating some other group.

What a complete misread of the situation, but I am not even surprised.

• For those telling OP to move on, i understand where you're coming from but that goes counter to everything Kpop is about, everything Kpop is selling you. Labels and groups want you to become so emotionally attached to them that you cant just "move on". However unhealthy this might be, they WANT fans like OP, who spend 24/7 obsessing over their faves and presumably spending countless hours of time and all their disposable income consuming content, streaming, downloading, buying merch, tix, albums.

OP's current state is just the price that has to be paid by the labels and groups and fans who have to listen to OP's complaining lol.

• The decline of comics and gaming has everything to do with the culture

And yet 2023 has been a MASSIVE year of non stop great games (and Kong: Skull Island) while stuff like X-Men, Thor, Ghost Rider, Venom has been the best its ever been in a loooooooooooong time

• Carrying on like a pork chop online over the thing you like changing to something you don't like rarely achieves anything. You're merely peeing into an ocean of pee.

You need to vote with your wallet. Stop buying the product, stop engaging with the product in any way that produces meaningful metrics (eg streaming them). Hope enough people feel the same, profits are impacted enough and companies try and course correct.

Which is of course not as fun as carrying on like a pork chop online...

• And yet 2023 has been a MASSIVE year of non stop great games (and Kong: Skull Island) while stuff like X-Men, Thor, Ghost Rider, Venom has been the best its ever been in a loooooooooooong time

Yeah yeah, sure

For those telling OP to move on, i understand where you're coming from but that goes counter to everything Kpop is about, everything Kpop is selling you. Labels and groups want you to become so emotionally attached to them that you cant just "move on". However unhealthy this might be, they WANT fans like OP, who spend 24/7 obsessing over their faves and presumably spending countless hours of time and all their disposable income consuming content, streaming, downloading, buying merch, tix, albums.

OP's current state is just the price that has to be paid by the labels and groups and fans who have to listen to OP's complaining lol.

Damn, you started so well but then blew it. How am I the one who is part of them problem when yall are the ones "consuming" whatever the fuck they give you? No, labels and groups don't want me, they want you. They want you to buy whatever they produce.

You need to vote with your wallet.

Already doing

Or he could just not.

He can't control how Twice charts, or how he feels about their direction and current success, but he can definitely go and unplug his keyboard.

:pepe-shrug:

Yall mofos still think this is about chart. I am not even gonna argue with any of you gaslighting bitches.

• I guess the right time for a success stan, is when the group stops being successful.

Then again, success stans tend to just move on to a more successful group, so they do not spend too much time bashing their old group.

• She had enough people buying her album and her fans have being enjoying her music and like I said not everything is about numbers

Where have they been enjoying it? Certainly not on any streaming platform.

Of course, you'll try to spin this into "success stan" territory, but ffs, are we gonna pretends these "success metrics" don't also represent the fan's interest? It is been stuck on 19 million view on Youtube, 37 million views on Spotify. Why do yall choose to be stupid about this?

I mean lets be honest, you come across as kind of poor, so you probably been doing that all along :boompepe:

Really? You think being poor is funny?

• Technically Dreamer this is all your fault, since you been getting my sisters Twice everyday and attacking them, Jihyo's solo wasn't good, so technically if we really think about it, you made her solo bad, not JYP, you gave her that Minion bad karma. When are you going to apologize for doing this to her? So terrible :thumbdown:

Even if killing me good sold 0 copies and had 0 plays on the radio I'D BE LISTENING TO IT. Love my queen forever.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• I am getting unfairly called out for being very vocal about Twice's current state, so I just wanna know what needed to happen for me to be justified in your eyes?

Jihyo had a solo debut after 8 years. 8 freaking years of anticipation. Like this was the most hyped thing, this should've been an event, this should kicked everyone in the balls, this should've been the best thing JYP ent have in the library. And it fucking stinked. It was a totall ass. How is it not the right time and what should a "good Once" reaction be to such a failure?

This was much wars than The Marvels fiasco that's happening right now. And Marvel stans are rioting. And yall are telling me to consume the product and anticipate the next product? Really looking forward to your replies out of pure curiously.

I do agree I wish there was more promo but the album itself is amazing. It is great music and I wouldn't change any song except maybe swap the title song with Talk about it

• Where have they been enjoying it? Certainly not on any streaming platform.

Of course, you'll try to spin this into "success stan" territory, but ffs, are we gonna pretends these "success metrics" don't also represent the fan's interest? It is been stuck on 19 million view on Youtube, 37 million views on Spotify. Why do yall choose to be stupid about this?

Really? You think being poor is funny?

I mostly listen to it on YouTube. Never used Spotify and have no interest in it.

• I do agree I wish there was more promo but the album itself is amazing. It is great music and I wouldn't change any song except maybe swap the title song with Talk about it

Mate, you're literally gaslighting yourself to like it. Weren't you the one who said it wasn't catchy or memorable? Why are you doing this to yourself? Yall are saying I am overreacting but yall are doing worse - bullying yourselves to enjoy stuff you clearly don't enjoy and fear that your lack of support or your criticism might damage the group.

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!