Looking at MAMA votes makes me curious how some of these groups are able to sell millions.

• This voting is one of the best ways to actually measure the core fanbase of a group. Because people might stream your music or even buy your album but they ain't gonna give you their vote if you aren't their top1.

So for me it comes as no surprise that Stray Kids and Treasure are above the Hybe's fraud boy groups and even less surprising how low some of the girl groups are:pepe-peek:

People had questions about Stray Kids sales in the past but this clears them. They clearly have a core fanbase big enough to gather all those votes. But look at TxT and Enhypen. It just shows that Army have deep pockets for BTS lil bros but when it comes to a poll where every vote matters, they'll just vote BTS.

And these girl groups? Each one of them has surpassed Twice as per this forum :pepe-cringe: Just tragic, gap ain't even close. I guess millions of Spotify streamers didn't show up to vote for any of them :violinist-pepe:

MAMA 2023 Worldwide Fans’ Choice TOP 10 VOTE (kpopvotes.com)

• Well, I guess all the gg stans are actually army and skz stans seeing how inexistant their vote is. Who knew! Thanks for solving this mystery.

• I was curious to see how voting related to album sales, so as you can see in the figure below, I put together a small spreadsheet with the current voting results (as of the 11th at 22:38 UTC) and the Circle/Gaon album sales from each artist's latest release. I could then divide those sales by the number of votes to see the number of sales needed to receive just one vote.

MAMA_Voting_2023.png

And here are the artists ranked by the "Sales / Votes" ratio:

B‌TS: 2.77

S‌tray Kids: 4.41

T‌reasure: 9.04

E‌nhypen: 9.94

L‌im Young-w‌oong: 10.54

A‌teez: 14.35

Z‌erobaseone: 15.04

T‌wice: 15.19

J‌isoo: 15.52

E‌XO: 17.18

T‌XT: 18.69

N‌CT 127: 19.61

N‌CT Dream: 32.75

S‌eventeen: 38.06

R‌iize: 53.4

(‌G)I-dle: 107.33

L‌e Sserafim: 110.67

I‌tzy: 122.61

A‌espa: 127.89

N‌ewJeans: 180.59

I believe these results can be seen as an indication of how "dedicated" each artist's fandom is.

• The excuses in this thread lol

I wonder when a 4th gen gg will actually get a decent fanbase that isn’t full of token stans

No wonder they all decline or stagnate after a few years

It’s embarrassing, one thing about their fans it that theyll talk sht online but won’t move for their favs

• I mean wbk girl groups mostly rely on casual fans when it comes to streams & album sales aren't the best indicator of a strong fanbase now, that's not any different for most of the GGs nominated. TWICE & BP (or Jisoo in this case) took years to build up a large dedicated voting fanbase compared to these newer groups that have been out for less than like 4 years

• These types of award voting are certainly interesting, everybody should already know that girl group fandoms are weak against boy groups, but is the difference between BTS and Stray Kids fandom really that low? It's barely a 1% percent difference currently in that site.

LYW is to me the most impressive one, he is currently 9th in a worldwide based voting with basically no international fandom to speak of.

• wow kpop fans still take voting for mama seriously ?? i thought we let this in 2018

to me it just look like the new generation of kpop fans isn't very interested in all these voting poll etc...

i rarely see voting account from newer group doing as much propaganda than they used to do in the past

it was already a little more obvious end of 3rd gen when you compared how much votes this groups were able to accumulate at the start of 3rd gen compare to the end of 3rd gen

Kpop fans are just now much more into investing in supporting their favs through album sales, streaming and getting them to get notice internationally

the fact that kpop become much more big internationnally and that all the kpop groups are now trying to get the wester validation makes that for a lot of kpop fans now this type of voting for mama etc... looks more irrelevant than they used to be in 2nd gen and 3rd gen

Literally most kpop fans knew no kpop groups would get a grammy nomination probably this year, but still the grammy made more noises the past few days in the kpop community than mama did

which speaks a lot about the priorities of the newest kpop fans

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• These types of award voting are certainly interesting, everybody should already know that girl group fandoms are weak against boy groups, but is the difference between BTS and Stray Kids fandom really that low? It's barely a 1% percent difference currently in that site.

LYW is to me the most impressive one, he is currently 9th in a worldwide based voting with basically no international fandom to speak of.

With how large the fandom is, a lot of ARMYs don't even bother voting but is more active on streaming music.

• BTS and Stray Kids vote numbers are dominating the poll

there is no point for other fandoms to keep on voting

it's a waste of time

so the voting numbers of other fandoms does not reflect the actual fandom size at all

if anything it's showing how the other fandoms are reluctant to continue on voting when the difference is so big

it's pointless to keep on voting

but the BTS and Stray Kids fandoms needs to keep on voting

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!