This is why Gidle are the true winners of 4th gen

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:dancer-pepe:

• Their career trajectory is quite impressive.

From 2018 to 2023 they never really lost their relevance and grew each year.

I would never have guessed in 2018 how popular they would be in 2023.

I especially would never guess in 2019 when Itzy was the top rookie group that (G)I-dle would eventually surpass them in most metrics

• I was thinking about something similar yesterday.

Soyeon's first collab was for the Station X 0 project, alongside Seulgi, Sin B and Chungha. She was the team's maknae back then. It doesn't feel that long ago. Yet today she's the unnie to her new teammates Karina and Wonyoung. How time flies (especially in this business).

Gidle's career reminds me that of Bigbang's.

Both groups were never really 'not popular' but gained commerical international success pretty late into their career(by idol metric), which gave them this '2nd life' longevity. What makes it more interesting is that both albums had symbolical names, 'I Never Die' and 'Alive', and were musically very different, sorta experimental, compared to their previous works.

And this is just my opinion but both groups' previous works were actually much better than the one they hit commerical success with.

• Dont forget this one, criminally underrated. Not only is the song one of the best BG songs ever, but the vocals in this performance were WOW. I watched for Chaeyeon of course but stayed for everyone, particularly Ryujin, who knew she had this kinda vocal color?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Dont forget this one, criminally underrated. Not only is the song one of the best BG songs ever, but the vocals in this performance were WOW. I watched for Chaeyeon of course but stayed for everyone, particularly Ryujin, who knew she had this kinda vocal color?

This performance made me stan Isa... Her voice is just.. The most beautiful voice I've ever heard (Idk which one I prefer, Liz's or hers)

˙✧˖°🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖° 🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖ Oh, you make my heart melt away˙✧˖° 🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖° 🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖

• Gidle's career reminds me that of Bigbang's.

Both groups were never really 'not popular' but gained commerical international success pretty late into their career(by idol metric), which gave them this '2nd life' longevity. What makes it more interesting is that both albums had symbolical names, 'I Never Die' and 'Alive', and were musically very different, sorta experimental, compared to their previous works.

And this is just my opinion but both groups' previous works were actually much better than the one they hit commerical success with.

I see what you mean, even though I don't agree that the group's earlier works were better. Usually when people say this, they think HWAA, Lion, possibly Oh my god. And it's true that the group delivered a subtle mix of pop beats, artistry and experimentation on these records. But what about <I am> and <I made>? One cannot reasonably argue that Gidle's first two albums are their best works. Even if one loves LATATA. lol

Most of time, people taking this stance mostly refer to the post-hiatus title tracks. Yes TOMBOY, Nxde, Queencard are different from HWAA, Oh my god... But what about the b-sides? I think the side tracks quality improved with Minnie and Yuqi joining the production team. They added new layers and new flavours to Gidle's sound, and that's something I don't want the group to move away from.

Also, to conclude about Gidle's career, I'd like to highlight Soyeon's role. In the group's early days (years even), mean people used to refer to them mockingly as "Soyeon & friends". Which never was true because the popularity gap between members was not that deep, and not necessarily in Soyeon's favour. Either way, Soyeon crushed this prejudice by showcasing her groupmates' unique charms and talents, even pushing them to embrace their songwriting aspirations, which they did. Now the members each have their own collabs, feats and opportunities, in such a way that is quite rare in the industry.

This is another "4th gen win" that is worth a mention imo.

she sounds the same in every itzy song

• Really? She's usually got that teen crush sassy tone going on for their concepts. Here she is singing with a chill tone that is so damn clean, i kinda love it. :pepe-shrug:

nope, she doesnt bring anything to itzy imo. she has the boyish charm but other than that nope. i feel shes one od the reason itzy is limited in song selection.

• I agree with everything.

Their bsides have been so amazing ever since Minnie and Yuqi started composing them.

Soyeon makes the perfect title tracks and for the bsides Minnie and Yuqi are where it's at imo.

I feel like people don't realize that Minnie has composed more than 1/4 of (G)I-dle discography and that Yuqi is getting there too, while the rest is all composed by Soyeon except their first mini album's bsides.

(G)I-dle having multiple talented composers in the group is such a HUGE asset and it's what kept me interested in the group all these years.

• nope, she doesnt bring anything to itzy imo. she has the boyish charm but other than that nope. i feel shes one od the reason itzy is limited in song selection.

TBH i do agree that she is overrated esp by I fans. I think she underdances too much, Ifans think that's "clean" or "smooth" dancing but to me, it just makes her look a bit uninterested. And i'm not a fan of her normal vocals on Itzy songs nor her edgy visuals. To me, she is 4th in terms of overall appeal and contributions to Itzy ahead of only Lia. The true it girl of that group is either Yeji or Yuna.

However, this singing style in this particular performance just seemed so different from her usual sassy tones or edgy rap. Shocked the hell out of me in a good way.

• I was thinking about something similar yesterday.

Soyeon's first collab was for the Station X 0 project, alongside Seulgi, Sin B and Chungha. She was the team's maknae back then. It doesn't feel that long ago. Yet today she's the unnie to her new teammates Karina and Wonyoung. How time flies (especially in this business).

Somewhere in the back of my mind, Shuhua is still that funny lil maknae to me.

But then watching her workdols content and her interaction with some newer groups, she really had grown up and becoming a big sis :holding-back-tears:

• Somewhere in the back of my mind, Shuhua is still that funny lil maknae to me.

But then watching her workdols content and her interaction with some newer groups, she really had grown up and becoming a big sis :holding-back-tears:

yuqi is my fave in that group. somehow i saw a clip and then i went a rabbit hole looking for stuff of her

like soyeon had to back off

External Content youtu.be

and this one

and wow

• Yuqi is also my fav!

She just had so many unexpected charm and props to her father that taught he r many things at her age of 4

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!