What's the reason for Kpop groups recent underperformance on Spotify?

• From the kpopthoughts community on Reddit
    Explore this post and more from the kpopthoughts community
    www.reddit.com

From Reddit post:

"TXT lasted only a few days on the chart and IVE couldn't debut any of their songs and these two groups used to be strong on spotify. Today SVT failed to enter chart too and they were improving their global performance with HOT and Super. What do you think the reason is? Is is the music or is kpop losing hype globally? Will upcoming cbs from SKZ and LSFR see decline in numbers too?"

I wonder what happen too. There are significant drop in Spotify streams for all top groups that having their cb this month compare to their previous album streams. It's weird when their last TT were all a huge hit in Spotify.

First week streams:

Ive: (The most surprising one)

Kitsch- 8.3 million

I Am- 12.9 million

Baddie- 6.4 million

Either Way- 5 million

OTR- 4.5 million

G-idle: (Prob bc this is an English album 🤷🏻‍♀️?)

Queencard- 9.9 million

I Do- 3.7 million

Txt:

Sugar Rush Ride - 13.6 million

Chasing That Feeling- 9 million

First day streams

Seventeen:

Super- 1.7 million

Gods of Music- 1.1 million

Some of the comments in Reddit saying it might happen because of Kpop fatigue as there are many cb in one time and these groups are constantly releasing an album.

Some also said that this might happen because the recent comeback songs are not as good as the previous one so even fans didn't hype the songs that much.

• Not sure what's up with Spotify (or MelOn for that matter), but Youtube seems to be doing fine, as are physicals. At least for TXT :pepe-notes:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(Temptation took nearly 2 months to reach those sales, while Freefall hasn't even taken 2 weeks)

Maybe what people actually have is audio streaming fatigue :/

• Last time I checked today morning they were still in Top100 so Melon is fine. I think somebody here already said, it’s not that TXT suddenly declining. SRR was just that beach. Lot of non fan loved the song while this album is generally more for the fandom. It’s a closing chapter for their lore and some of the songs are not for kpop fan’s taste. Plus let’s not talk about how a certain part of the fandom destroyed the Spotify streams because they wanna push for Hot 100 so they do 20x method and fuck up our filtering.

:beehaw:

Cant even say told you so because all the “fan” who pushed that method suddenly got urgent studying to do and went MIA as soon as they seen the streams. Lmao

62645-4c05234e-0e62-4aed-89c7-07b5143427d9-gif Tomorrow x Together NCT

S63Sk.gif

• Last time I checked today morning they were still in Top100 so Melon is fine. I think somebody here already said, it’s not that TXT suddenly declining. SRR was just that beach. Lot of non fan loved the song while this album is generally more for the fandom. It’s a closing chapter for their lore and some of the songs are not for kpop fan’s taste. Plus let’s not talk about how a certain part of the fandom destroyed the Spotify streams because they wanna push for Hot 100 so they do 20x method and fuck up our filtering.

:beehaw:

Cant even say told you so because all the “fan” who pushed that method suddenly got urgent studying to do and went MIA as soon as they seen the streams. Lmao

All good points :nct31:

• Spotify still has low market share in Japan and South Korean right?

• not fact check

External Content www.youtube.com

• Spotify still has low market share in Japan and South Korean right?

South Korea it's still nothing but international streamers using VPN, and whilst it's not big in Japan, it at least has a somewhat decent market share in Japan (15%?)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!