Not to be controversial but your fav bgs don’t sound this good live

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Like I try to imagine a world where I don’t stan exo and try someone else and then they grab me by the throat to prove that there’s just no one one their level 😭

Like.

I can’t fathom how non EXO kpop fans even exist 😭😭😭

Anyway cream soda lasted like 0.2 seconds RIPPPPP.

• i agree my favs cant sound as good as exo live

but this video isnt it

extreme postproduction + you can hear double voices in many parts

No it’s not 😭 and ofc there are double voices duh? That’s how you know it’s live. They’re singing over the backtrack. That’s how kpop performances with dancing work and that’s how we know it’s not overly post produced.

• Vocal powerhouse of kpop

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Only other group i know that choke slams you with their lives is infinite. They always sing live😎 infinite and exo are GOAT 🐐😎

• I Wonder If your whole world is going to fall down when you're going to discover ot5 TVXQ's stages

Lol absolutely not one of the weakest vocally for SM BG’s. Suju yeah are better and an argument can be made but TVXQ never were and never will be anywhere on EXO’s level. Not musically. Not talent wise.

Also kpop got better and better. Not just EXO literally anyone after is better than whatever 2nd gen has ever been able to do.

• Vocal powerhouse of kpop

If Kai was just there to promote this cb it would have literally been perfect 😭😭😭😭😭

• EXO are my faves so they do sound as good live.

Maybe this comes down to the simple principle of first come first serve, I don't find them as vocally great as people make them out to be.

It doesn't, TVXQ ot 5 is not better because "they came first", they are better because SM wanted to make a vocal group at the time. TVXQ were and are a vocal group, EXO aren't. EXO have one of the strongest vocal lines heard in Kpop, but being a vocal group like TVXQ, Mamamoo and BTOB means that every member is a strong singer. Exo is a group with many members and the gap between the vocal line and the others is huge.

I love Exo just like I love TVXQ, and SHINee is my favorite group of all times. While subjectively I prefer SHINee's vocal colors and how they come togheter in their songs I have no problem in saying that TVXQ are objectively the better singers. Maybe people don't count them because they are not popular as much as they were in their glory days and have never seen them perform live

• It doesn't, TVXQ ot 5 is not better because "they came first", they are better because SM wanted to make a vocal group at the time. TVXQ were and are a vocal group, EXO aren't. EXO have one of the strongest vocal lines heard in Kpop, but being a vocal group like TVXQ, Mamamoo and BTOB means that every member is a strong singer. Exo is a group with many members and the gap between the vocal line and the others is huge.

I love Exo just like I love TVXQ, and SHINee is my favorite group of all times. While subjectively I prefer SHINee's vocal colors and how they come togheter in their songs I have no problem in saying that TVXQ are objectively the better singers. Maybe people don't count them because they are not popular as much as they were in their glory days and have never seen them perform live

BTOB and MAMAMOO don’t have choreo on EXO’s level and are out of the question for the over all performance anyway.

This isn’t even my subjective opinion. TVXQ have never been in the discussion for the best of singers at EXO’s level in any discussion.

Also can you go be an annoying SM stan else where. Thanks much.

• EXO are my faves so they do sound as good live.

Maybe this comes down to the simple principle of first come first serve, I don't find them as vocally great as people make them out to be.

Delulu SM stans still think they can say anything like it’s still 2012 even statements that are obviously false 😭

Like who in the right mind will say TVXQ even remotely compare to EXO vocally. It’s so bizarre 😭😭😭

One would think they’d stop being embarrassing but it’s not this day.

• It doesn't, TVXQ ot 5 is not better because "they came first", they are better because SM wanted to make a vocal group at the time. TVXQ were and are a vocal group, EXO aren't. EXO have one of the strongest vocal lines heard in Kpop, but being a vocal group like TVXQ, Mamamoo and BTOB means that every member is a strong singer. Exo is a group with many members and the gap between the vocal line and the others is huge.

I love Exo just like I love TVXQ, and SHINee is my favorite group of all times. While subjectively I prefer SHINee's vocal colors and how they come togheter in their songs I have no problem in saying that TVXQ are objectively the better singers. Maybe people don't count them because they are not popular as much as they were in their glory days and have never seen them performing live

When I said first come first serve, I wasn't talking about the group's seniority but about my exposure to kpop. Just like any 4th gen kpop fan might find any group from a previous generation bland or boring when compared to the groups they were first exposed to, regardless of how major their impact or success may have been.

And thank you for the explanation about who was made into what and who is who objectively speaking when singing. True, popularity may play a factor in them not being as known or praised as they used to be but music and times changes and you cannot expect a person who meets The Beatles today, for example, to think they were as great as the people who saw them during their heyday where their history and impact was made.

• Omg this person made cream soda stage mix my favorite creator 😭.

External Content youtu.be

• BTOB and MAMAMOO don’t have choreo on EXO’s level and are out of the question for the over all performance anyway.

This isn’t even my subjective opinion. TVXQ have never been in the discussion for the best of singers at EXO’s level in any discussion.

Also can you go be an annoying SM stan else where. Thanks much.

SM stan? I have to laugh! You, on the other hand seem the typical toxic EXO stan who can't even take a different opinion or to have a discussion

• When I said first come first serve, I wasn't talking about the group's seniority but about my exposure to kpop. Just like any 4th gen kpop fan might find any group from a previous generation bland or boring when compared to the groups they were first exposed to, regardless of how major their impact or success may have been.

That's my bad, english is not my native language and I didn't understand what you wrote so I tried to find the meaning of "first cpme first sreve" on Google.

And thank you for the explanation about who was made into what and who is who objectively speaking when singing. True, popularity may play a factor in them not being as known or praised as they used to be but music and times changes and you cannot expect a person who meets The Beatles today, for example, to think they were as great as the people who saw them during their heyday where their history and impact was made.

I don't expect people to know idols from generations they were not exopsed to, my intent was just trying to comment on the OP's title and first comments; I usually don't care about these kind of threads that are made by fans who are aimed to praise the groups they love, and I also understand the fact that every fan base exaggerates their idol's skills and talents to a certain degree , but this time the the whole dialectic and rethoric that was used with phrases like "Not to be controversial but your fav bgs don’t sound this good live" and "Like I try to imagine a world where I don’t stan exo and try someone else and then they grab me by the throat to prove that there’s just no one one their level 😭" that was used seemed a bit too much. That's why I wanted to comment with groups (not only TVXQ, but als BTOB and MMO- Infinite was mentioned by another person and I agree) that are objectively better at singing live and that deserve even a 10% of costant praise EXO gets for it - that's it. Maybe my first comment was a bit sassy but I didn't deserve to be called an SM stan by the op LMAO

• Delulu SM stans still think they can say anything like it’s still 2012 even statements that are obviously false 😭

Like who in the right mind will say TVXQ even remotely compare to EXO vocally. It’s so bizarre 😭😭😭

One would think they’d stop being embarrassing but it’s not this day.

We know tvxq ot5 exist, we yawned and moved on :red-heart:

I love Exo-ls, even if you're a 10 y/o fandom, you guys never change. At least I appreciate it

Exo vocal line consisting of 5 members if we count lead vocalists as well, is objectively better than tvxq vocal line. Exo simply outsings and outdances tvxq, maybe tvxq members are close to vocal talent within group overall they are not oustinging exo vocal line.

I think your judgment is perhaps clouded with nostalgia.

• Omg this person made cream soda stage mix my favorite creator 😭.

External Content youtu.be

I loved watching these, I haven't watched them in years! ;(

• There is a reason people praise exo 11+ years into their career and why they still keep people's attention compared to some other groups mentioned here, is all I am going to say.

Which killing voice went viral even if EXO is literally dead af in Korea JUST because of vocals even if tonne of other groups with “vocals” performed? EXO.

Korea literally hate exo and even then they can’t deny that EXO reign supreme in talent.

• No it’s not 😭 and ofc there are double voices duh? That’s how you know it’s live. They’re singing over the backtrack. That’s how kpop performances with dancing work and that’s how we know it’s not overly post produced.

i kind of hate live performances with backtrack honestly thats all

i know exo are godlike live performers either way, just thought there's better examples

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Exo vocal line consisting of 5 members if we count lead vocalists as well, is objectively better than tvxq vocal line. Exo simply outsings and outdances tvxq, maybe tvxq members are close to vocal talent within group overall they are not oustinging exo vocal line.

I think your judgment is perhaps clouded with nostalgia.

I'm not an exo-l, I just listen to the group, so to not make mistakes I googled Exo's vocal line and four members are listed (chen, do, baekhyun and suho) but anyways, the group TVXQ was formed by the five trainees that had the most developed singing skills in SM, and 3 out of 5 members are counted as not only part of the vocal line but Main Singers. Infact, every TVXQ member was part of the vocal line.

Talking about dance, sure, syncronized dancing got important in the late 2nd gen, and hard choreos are what gets rewarded nowadays. EXO are better than TVXQ in this area for sure. But It should be mentioned that TVXQ also released titletracks with different choreos like Rising Sun, Catch Me and Something.

Also, that's probably a me thing, but I prefer a choreo that was made with live-singing in mind. Choreos like Purple Line, Mirotic and Wrong Number were yes, on the simpler side compared to 3rd and 4rth gen choreos, but you could hear their raw vocals almost everytime they performend those songs.

I don't think my judgment is influenced by nostalgia because I got into Kpop in 2016, I listen to TVXQ and watch their concerts just how I do with EXO. I discovered both groups at the same time and I appreciate both groups really, and since I have been introduced to Kpop in the third gen I should be more nostalgic towards EXO by your reasonament. What I can't understand is how a slightly different comment that is different from the "Exo are the Gods, are the best and can't do no wrong" gets treated like I killed somebody,'s dad. And the comments I have seen about TVXQ after I mentioned them just shows how childish some people are.

• This thread contains 42 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!