Queendom Puzzle's Bora Hate Bandwagon is Ridiculous

• I find it ridiculous how fast kpop stans turned their back on Bora, after the 1st episode she was one of the most rooted for contestants but as quickly as ep 2 people fell for mnets narrative. Kpop stans will defend untalented idols saying things like "they have potential they just need to improve" or "they may not have talent but they have it factor" until they take their dying breath but when it comes to one of the few 4th gen idols who can actually hold a note and SING they turn their backs on her for playing the game strategically and actually competing on a COMPETITION REALITY SHOW.

Bora should leave kpop in the dust and start in a musical or release her own ballads.

• Go to Best Answer
  • Those people never truly liked or supported Bora to begin with.

Just like they are hate bandwagoners now, they only liked her because that's what everyone else was doing.

If you truly like and support something or someone, it takes more than that to lose interest. Unfortunately, Bora doesn't have a strong or loud fanbase. That's the only way you can survive the fickle attitudes of KPOP fans.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• that "it factor" or whatever else it's called is complete bias, it's just the way kpop fans deal with the unfairness in the world, there is nothing like that in my opinion, some idols just fare better because they have better ressources.

Bora is a strange case, people always feign like they appreciate her but never actually vote for her or support her, and now, they turned against her just because they never really cared about her in the first place.

• Bora is a strange case, people always feign like they appreciate her but never actually vote for her or support her, and now, they turned against her just because they never really cared about her in the first place.

It's not a strange case. They did this with ex-fx Luna, Chaeyeon, and to a lesser extent Lily and Wendy. Basically feign support for talented idols that don't give them butterflies so they don't look that shallow

• The x-factor is top-tier visuals. (and being from a well known company)

I was talking about my own life lol, not heras

My looks are irrelevant in my own career

That said, i will not agree with your statement either, because top tier visuals, even in Kpop, are extremely diverse

Other than skinny and pale, which most idols fit, every visually popular idol has different features and the ones that would be considered the most universally attractive are rarely IT girls, in fact, not even the most popular in their own groups

I know for sure if you ask people irl who are not into the kpop loop, no one would guess karina or wonyoung or kazuha or jennie( no hate to them they are pretty obviously ) are more popular visually than miyeon or sana or heejin

Hell i can even name some real nugus ( pixy dia and wjsn eunseo for example) who'd get a LOT more attention irl than some of the 'top visuals'

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Miyeon, Sana, and Heejin are both considered visuals in their groups though? And they are also amongst the most popular members from their perspective groups. So your argument there makes no sense.

And if you asked Koreans (whose beauty standards KPOP is based on), Karina and Wonyoung would definitely rank amongst the top. Kazuha and Jennie seem to get mixed reactions though.

It's no coincidence that the most popular and hyped members in KPOP groups are considered visuals. If you look at every single top GG out right now, the most popular member is 9/10 the one considered the visual rather than the one who is most "talented". Which is what I was talking about.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I know for sure if you ask people irl who are not into the kpop loop, no one would guess karina or wonyoung or kazuha or jennie( no hate to them they are pretty obviously ) are more popular visually than miyeon or sana or heejin

Hell i can even name some real nugus ( pixy dia and wjsn eunseo for example) who'd get a LOT more attention irl than some of the 'top visuals'

That's when big company factor comes into play

• Miyeon, Sana, and Heejin are both considered visuals in their groups though? And they are also amongst the most popular members from their perspective groups. So your argument there makes no sense.

And if you asked Koreans (whose beauty standards KPOP is based on), Karina and Wonyoung would definitely rank amongst the top. Kazuha and Jennie seem to get mixed reactions though.

It's no coincidence that the most popular and hyped members in KPOP groups are considered visuals. If you look at every single top GG out right now, the most popular member is 9/10 the one considered the visual rather than the one who is most "talented". Which is what I was talking about.

just to clarify : the following reply is NOT me judging "good" or "bad" nor stating my own preferences, which are completely different from any "standards"

its just an analysis :

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• That's when big company factor comes into play

not always though

all the twice members are considered amazing visuals ( which they are ) yet none of their faces have the branding power that these idols do

and not to mention, twice's peak completely eclipses all of them

it definitely matters a lot but i feel like its researching and choosing an image to push in the media that really matters a lot

im not convinced this is for sure but just a theory

u r m o m g a y

• top tier visuals doesn't mean fits Korean standard (whatever that may truly be) to a T

all the idols you mention are objectively very pretty. Doesn't matter if they look different from each other, they're all considered the or among the prettiest members of their groups. That's it, literally. What people call the It Factor is mostly just a combination of visuals and sex appeal, more heavily on visuals for female idols, more heavily on sex appeal for male idols.

• I appreciate you putting so much thought and effort into this, but I don't think you understand the point I am making at all.

• top tier visuals doesn't mean fits Korean standard (whatever that may truly be) to a T

all the idols you mention are objectively very pretty. Doesn't matter if they look different from each other, they're all considered the or among the prettiest members of their groups. That's it, literally. What people call the It Factor is mostly just a combination of visuals and sex appeal, more heavily on visuals for female idols, more heavily on sex appeal for male idols.

This. This is exactly what I was saying. I didn't know how to put a response to them in words, but you summed it up perfectly.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!