Han So Hee

• I. Introduction

Han So Hee is a South Korean actress.

She made her acting debut in a minor role in "Reunited Worlds". Han So Hee went on to appear in SHINee's music video "Tell Me What To Do" in 2016 and Jung Yong Hwa's "That Girl" music video in 2017.

Her first major role was in the Korean television series Money Flower (2017). She then went to be casted in 100 Days My Prince (2018) and have the supporting role in Abyss (2019).

In 2020 is when Han So Hee would have her breakout moment.

She gained world-wide recognition after portraying the main character of Yeo Da-kyung in the smash-hit and record-breaking drama The World of the Married.

The drama ended it’s run on May 16, 2020 as the highest-rated drama in Korean cable television history. Han received widespread recognition thanks to the drama's huge success.

II. Her Journey

It wasn’t all glitz and glam for the young actress. Han So Hee’s hard work and struggles helped her be who she is now.

The 25-year-old natural beauty moved to Seoul with less than US$250 in her pocket and found herself working in a beer joint – before landing work in MVs alongside K-pop idols SHINee and Jung Yong-hwa.

According to an article on Daum, in a since-deleted blog post from 2018 Han claimed that she came to Seoul alone at just 19 years old, with about 300,000 won (US$247) in her pocket. She then started working part time to support herself.

According to Daum, Han once worked in a beer joint in the trendy Gangnam district, claiming on her past blogs that she “worked from the moment she opened her eyes to sunrise”. Despite the hard times, Han “does not regret this as it made her who she is today”.

III. Television Series

Title Role Network Year
    Reunited Worlds Lee Seo-won SBS 2017
    Money Flower Yoon Seo-won MBC 2017
    100 Days My Prince Kim So-hye tvN 2018
    After The Rain Soojin KBS2 2018
    Abyss Jang Hee-jin / Oh Su-jin tvN 2019
    The World Of Married Yeo Da-kyung JTBC 2020
    Nevertheless Yoon Na-bi JTBC 2021
    My Name Yoo Ji woo Netflix TBA

IV. Music Videos

V. Commercial Ads

VI. Awards & Nominations

Category Award Nominated Result Year
    2017 MAXIM K-model awards CF Model Awards N/A Won 2017
    MBC Drama Awards Best New Actress Money Flower Nominated 2017
    56th Baeksang Arts Awards Best New Actress (TV) The World Of Married Nominated 2018
    Brand of the Year Awards 2020 Best Actress of the Year - Rising Star The World Of Married Won 2020
    7th APAN Star Awards Best New Actress The World Of Married Nominated 2020
    5th Asia Artist Awards Rookie of the Year The World Of Married Won 2020
    2021 Korea First Brand Awards Actress Best Rising Star The World Of Married Won 2020
    Hallyu Drama Grand Prix Best Supporting Actress The World Of Married Won 2021

VII. Facts

• She attended Ulsan Girls’ High School.
    • She can draw and shows her sketches on Instagram.
    • She majored in arts but decided to switch to acting.
    • Her role model is Kim Hee Ae, her co-star in The World of the Married.