"One of the girls" by weeknd and jennie achieves PAK i mean PAO

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Considering how popular the Weeknd is, this really does feel like an achievement. Just the wrong kind.

His other songs on this mini ep are getting 200k streams daily, this one is getting streams at all just because jennie is in it and she barely has lines, but sure jennie made him "tank". it's also not pushed like the song with future or madonna's. I assure you if twice were in it it wouldn't enter the chart even 1 day

• His other songs on this mini ep are getting 200k streams daily, this one is getting streams at all just because jennie is in it and she barely has lines, but sure jennie made him "tank". it's also not pushed like the song with future or madonna's. I assure you if twice were in it it wouldn't enter the chart even 1 day

No one said anything about Twice. We're talking about Jennie putting the curse of failure on one of the world's biggest pop stars. That's the topic. You sound jealous & paranoid.

• Wow, that's truly something. I thought after this drama had been hyped up for over a year and they announced this Collab over a month ago it would have at least some attention.

Like this is beyond flopping. The fans already trying to disown this one lol. But you just can't, this is shocking.

• Wow, that's truly something. I thought after this drama had been hyped up for over a year and they announced this Collab over a month ago it would have at least some attention.

Like this is beyond flopping.

I think he lost quite a bit of his mysterious allure after everyone is laughing at his acting.

• weeknd is suffering a bit. it seems ppl prefer to hear his old stuff or songs where he's just a feature/collab.

i was very surprised that the fandom wasn't enough to debut this song at top 50.

• I wonder if this show will be his downfall because a lot of people seem to be put off by him now.

I doubt it, even though ratings are down, they’re relying on people streaming the show rather than watching it on HBO. And not to mention his Instagram count has been going through the roof since the show, he’s now passed 60 million and is getting around 2 million plus followers a month now, wayyyyy higher than before

• I doubt it, even though ratings are down, they’re relying on people streaming the show rather than watching it on HBO. And not to mention his Instagram count has been going through the roof since the show, he’s now passed 60 million and is getting around 2 million plus followers a month now, wayyyyy higher than before

Interesting. I didn't know that.

I guess the controversy worked for him. It will be interesting to see how his next album will do.

His other song from the OST is in the top 50 currently of Spotify so I don't think so.

Really? That makes this song flopping weirder then.

Because I am sure both the artists and the fans expected more than how the song performed.

It must have caught them by surprise as well as the rest of us.

• Interesting. I didn't know that.

I guess the controversy worked for him. It will be interesting to see how his next album will do.

Because I am sure both the artists and the fans expected more than how the song performed.

I feel bad for Jennie cause I don’t think she gained much from this at all. It’s been very much to The Weekend and Lily’s benefit despite the controversies…..

• that has never stopped kpop stans. shoong also didnt perform all that well, it seems like it's full solo or blinks won't support.

So true and also why is that………you would think blinks would support everything despite how little content they get. But all the solo collabs have been poor, it’s either full group, full group with collab or pure solo……

• It’s 5th on Today’s Top Hits

And Doja Cat is 3rd and about to depart the top 100 tmr. Popular is also in the Apple Global 100 while this song isnt even in the top 100 of Bugs or the top 1000 of Melon. I think TTH shouldn't be needed for a song to at least chart in a single top 100 on it's second day.

It's an enormous failure on all fronts.

• And Doja Cat is 3rd and about to depart the top 100 tmr. Popular is also in the Apple Global 100 while this song isnt even in the top 100 of Bugs or the top 1000 of Melon. I think TTH shouldn't be needed for a song to at least chart in a single top 100 on it's second day.

It's an enormous failure on all fronts.

It’s still picking up 1.6m streams.

Yes and it probably has playlisting there as well.

On the episode 4 EP he released 3 songs and One of the Girls has nearly 6x streams as the next one.

The episode 3 EP had 3 songs on it and was released a week earlier, yet One of the Girls has more streams than all those songs already.

You’re not out here comparing like for like so crying massive failure on all fronts when it has as much promotional push as the other songs that it’s doing much better than isn’t saying much :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Failure on all fronts is massive investment in a song such as playlisting and the like and it flopping.

• Yet One of These Nights was hyped in several articles for the weeks prior to it coming out. It feels like you're saying this song which was very obviously hyped up more and billed as a big collab tanked slightly less than the other 2 songs no ones heard of so it's not a failure?

If anyone thinks this song wasn't intended to do well and that people behind it will be satisfied with the terrible results I don't know what to say.

Do you think those others songs had funding goals, streaming parties and buying parties like One Of These nights? Lol. You're using a ton of words to just say what 4 letters can about this song.

• Yet One of These Nights was hyped in several articles for the weeks prior to it coming out. It feels like you're saying this song which was very obviously hyped up more and billed as a big collab tanked slightly less than the other 2 songs no ones heard of so it's not a failure?

If anyone thinks this song wasn't intended to do well and that people behind it will be satisfied with the terrible results I don't know what to say.

Do you think those others songs had funding goals, streaming parties and buying parties like One Of These nights? Lol. You're using a ton of words to just say what 4 letters can about this song.

A song no one even knew the date for until a few days before, a song people didn’t even know had Lily Rose Depp in and initially thought would just be a collab with Jennie…was some massively promoted song? Makes sense :pepe-cross:

I’m sure funding and streaming parties was what The Weeknd was banking on for a song the label were expecting to be a hit, makes total sense. It’s not as if there are actual ways to promote a song properly which we’ve seen him do with other songs on the soundtrack lmao

Astounding logic.

• A song no one even knew the date for until a few days before, a song people didn’t even know had Lily Rose Depp in and initially thought would just be a collab with Jennie…was some massively promoted song? Makes sense :pepe-cross:

I’m sure funding and streaming parties was what The Weeknd was banking on for a song the label were expecting to be a hit, makes total sense. It’s not as if there are actual ways to promote a song properly which we’ve seen him do with other songs on the soundtrack lmao

Astounding logic.

This just sounds like you're suggesting the other songs needed paid playlisting to promote them and failing to do the same for this tanked effort it didn't become a hit or get attention?

The new standard I suppose. No TTH so it's just going to tank. I feel like BlackPink are becoming known for their failed collabs.

• This just sounds like you're suggesting the other songs needed paid playlisting to promote them and failing to do the same for this tanked effort it didn't become a hit or get attention?

The new standard I suppose. No TTH so it's just going to tank. I feel like BlackPink are becoming known for their failed collabs.

Nope I’m saying a soundtrack for a show needs this where the songs has no visual output or promotion. You think Weeknd songs always do as badly as most of the OST is doing? :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Now call The Weeknd, the artist with the most monthly listeners in the world on Spotify, a flop for not managing to get any of these songs to hit outside of the ones he has playlisted. I’ll wait lmao

• Interesting. I didn't know that.

I think thats the song they are pushing its on playlists also.

• This just sounds like you're suggesting the other songs needed paid playlisting to promote them and failing to do the same for this tanked effort it didn't become a hit or get attention?

Ice cream did decently,kiss and make up also did well considering BP and Dua were not super huge then and no video,Sour Candy was just a track on a album so.. Playlisting can stop a song from tanking or push it up thats the job of them.

• Abel Tesfaye wanted to fight BTS and did it in this way, but by the time it was released BTS was gone

That is the difference between Western planning, which has to consider a gazillion matters, and Korean planning which can be done at a whim

• this is a poor showing for a song with one of the most popular singers right now, there's no way around it. it's the weeknd and jennie from blackpink. at this point im wondering whether she has the weakest fandom of the four of them.

• this is a poor showing for a song with one of the most popular singers right now, there's no way around it. it's the weeknd and jennie from blackpink. at this point im wondering whether she has the weakest fandom of the four of them.

The Weeknd is the most popular singer in the world right now yet multiple songs from the soundtrack are doing much worse.

Rack you brain and let me know what you think that means :pepe-notes:

• The Weeknd is the most popular singer in the world right now yet multiple songs from the soundtrack are doing much worse.

Rack you brain and let me know what you think that means :pepe-notes:

yes, but i would think jennie fans would see this as a huge opportunity to bring her more into the mainstream. but it was overall not popular it seems.

• yes, but i would think jennie fans would see this as a huge opportunity to bring her more into the mainstream. but it was overall not popular it seems.

This is barely a response.

What does it tell you.

You’re trying to argue it doing well or not would be down to the effort of Blackpink’s fans.

A collab with The Weeknd and that’s the point being made about it’s performance pepe-ooh

• imagine if the song is a success, will u attribute the success to weekend or jennie??

Im sure the latter... blinks were so exited about this collab, goals were made and even aiming to top global spotify... !

U have to admit that streams are not good no matter how u spin it, this song being the most anticipated one! Not putting it on playlist means that weekend expects high returns from fandom streaming, which didnt happen!

So does this means bp songs anly do well with playlist??

• the one that runs that account is the second fandom ( you know which fandom) the amount of dedication they have for a group they hate

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• imagine if the song is a success, will u attribute the success to weekend or jennie??

Im sure the latter... blinks were so exited about this collab, goals were made and even aiming to top global spotify... !

U have to admit that streams are not good no matter how u spin it, this song being the most anticipated one! Not putting it on playlist means that weekend expects high returns from fandom streaming, which didnt happen!

They were excited until Abel dropped the bombshell that Lily was also included in the song which dropped enthusiasm...it dropped even further when the song dropped and Jennie only had like 20 seconds.

Did the level of intelligence drop more than normal in recent times on this site? :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Are you incapable of thinking about context? By that same logic The Weeknd can’t get big numbers without playlisting. Think about insinuations.

The Weeknd expected “the most anticipated song” from the OST to be carried by BP’s fandom, a song with zero content that has Jennie on it for around 20 seconds. Dying.

That’s some business plan. We won’t promote the song we expect will be the most popular and anticipated :pepe-cringe:

Something doesn’t line up.

• the no of participants in a song shouldnt matter....

Jimin angel pt 1 had 5 people in the song, still it did reasonably well, at least his fans showed up and support him!

The question is why din jennie fans streams her songs?

And yes, weekend cant get big numbers without playlist, it seems the same goes with bp as well! No?

• This thread contains 27 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!