Reasons it’s deemed acceptable to dislike Lisa in the Blink fandom? 37
YG operates in a way which encourages akgaes/ OT3 fans (4) 11%
Xenophobia because she is Thai (5) 14%
Resentment because of her popularity (10) 27%
A combination of all these things (18) 49%
Honestly, I just don’t understand why it is seen as acceptable to hate Lisa. I’ve never seen a fandom that so openly accepts disrespect regarding one of their own members. Sure, other fandoms can be toxic, but fans who don’t respect all the members are almost universally condemned!
The double standards with Lisa are just depressing to see. On AKP alone, I could name multiple OT3 fans. They are all accepted as Blinks with no questions asked! Some examples of how she is treated:
- Fans saying they don’t want her to get a dance break and that it’s not important despite her being the main dancer, then freaking out if the other members positions aren’t being honoured. Hell, they don’t even care if she is shoved at the back!
- Complaining when she has a decent amount of lines, calling it unfair, but celebrating songs like BYW and DDDD in which she got barely anything.
- Excusing hate she gets- this is one of the worst. When people sent her death threats and ruined IC for her, many Blinks even excused it or didn’t acknowledge it at all.
- Praising her is seen as a crime- even in dance practises when she as the main dancer gets naturally praised, the “they are all talented” comments come out. But praising any of the others individually is totally fine.
- When she gets solo activities- Even though she has yet to get a solo and was basically invisible pre debut, whenever she breathed it is deemed unfair and even favouritism, which is laughable.
- Big fan sites leave her out- they are conveniently busy whenever it’s time to promote Lisa, I can imagine the number that will go on holiday during her solo.
- Even her fans face double standards, her akgaes are blamed for everything but when Jennie, Jisoo or Rosé fans go as far as death threats no one says a word or condemns a whole fandom.
- Leaving her out is seen as fine- whenever companies have left her out, no one complains. If people say they want all the other solos and not hers, no one cares. But any vague criticism of the other members is dealt with every time.
What do you think the main reasons for these double standards are?