Why is hating Lisa so accepted in the Blink fandom?

• Reasons it’s deemed acceptable to dislike Lisa in the Blink fandom? 37

1. YG operates in a way which encourages akgaes/ OT3 fans (4) 11%
    2. Xenophobia because she is Thai (5) 14%
    3. Resentment because of her popularity (10) 27%
    4. A combination of all these things (18) 49%

Honestly, I just don’t understand why it is seen as acceptable to hate Lisa. I’ve never seen a fandom that so openly accepts disrespect regarding one of their own members. Sure, other fandoms can be toxic, but fans who don’t respect all the members are almost universally condemned!

The double standards with Lisa are just depressing to see. On AKP alone, I could name multiple OT3 fans. They are all accepted as Blinks with no questions asked! Some examples of how she is treated:

• Fans saying they don’t want her to get a dance break and that it’s not important despite her being the main dancer, then freaking out if the other members positions aren’t being honoured. Hell, they don’t even care if she is shoved at the back!
    • Complaining when she has a decent amount of lines, calling it unfair, but celebrating songs like BYW and DDDD in which she got barely anything.
    • Excusing hate she gets- this is one of the worst. When people sent her death threats and ruined IC for her, many Blinks even excused it or didn’t acknowledge it at all.
    • Praising her is seen as a crime- even in dance practises when she as the main dancer gets naturally praised, the “they are all talented” comments come out. But praising any of the others individually is totally fine.
    • When she gets solo activities- Even though she has yet to get a solo and was basically invisible pre debut, whenever she breathed it is deemed unfair and even favouritism, which is laughable.
    • Big fan sites leave her out- they are conveniently busy whenever it’s time to promote Lisa, I can imagine the number that will go on holiday during her solo.
    • Even her fans face double standards, her akgaes are blamed for everything but when Jennie, Jisoo or Rosé fans go as far as death threats no one says a word or condemns a whole fandom.
    • Leaving her out is seen as fine- whenever companies have left her out, no one complains. If people say they want all the other solos and not hers, no one cares. But any vague criticism of the other members is dealt with every time.

What do you think the main reasons for these double standards are?

• Official Post

I don't know if it's YG that perpetuates the akages, but I feel like a lot of Blink akages self insert onto their chosen member and use their own internalized hate and how they perceive the world as me vs. other girls to hate the other members. Jennie and Lisa both fit the "not like other girls" trope and both seem to be overanalyzed to death.

Like I feel like this is a reason the Blackpink members are so often used for shipping even when it's groups they've never even interacted or even been in the same room together outside of a music show.

• But to make things clear, those are not blinks, those are akgaes of other members/ solo stans. I could say the exact same thing about Jennie. In fact, Jennie is even more hated, definitely the most hated member inside and outside of the fandom.

Unfortunately, it's what comes with popularity. The most popular members always get the most hate.

But as I said it's ironic to see this coming from you when I've seen you shade Jennie on the daily before.

• I really feel sorry for blinks. All solo stans have similar lists for their members. At this point who do blinks actually stan? no one?

Let blinks stan in peace

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• I just read the first sentence and i decided that i'm not gonna waste my time reading this dumb essay.

It's not accepted. Glad we cleared this up :pepe-toast:

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• If you're referring to Twitter, I'd recommend staying off there. Anytime I visit blink stan twitter I instantly regret it - literally just filled with death threats, fan wars from all 4 BP akgaes. The crazy thing is most OT1 accounts spend more time hating and arguing with other akgaes than they do posting and appreciating their fav lmao

In Lisa's case, it might seem like she gets the most hate because she is literally one of the most popular kpop idols in history so of course there'll also be the most jobless people who hate on her. The love overweighs the hate though.

Edited once, last by BQpop ().

• I really understood your point, but what your are talking about is akgaes.

The "only" problem with the blink fandom is their blindness towards the hate Lisa gets. And not at some here saying that it's not accepted when in HYLT era Lisa was the one who received the most hate, but surprisingly another member got a supporting hashtag while Lisa was ignored by OT4 accs. IC era was the worst era to Lisa and her stans and guess what? Yes, she didn't receive a supporting hashtag either and "thanks" to these situations now we have Lisa posting almost none content in her instagram or others sns....

Big OT4 accs are blind and blind when it comes to Lisa, but let's just say that this have no positive point as people are still denying it.

• The hypocrisy. Aren't you a Lisa akgae too who constantly hates on Jennie? So how can you talk about others hating on Lisa when you do the exact same thing?

No, I’ve never once hated on Jennie. Why would you even think that? I’m Lisa biased but I like all the girls. The only person I’ve criticised is YG for how BP are handled. When people do hate Jennie , they are rightly criticised by the fandom. But hating on Lisa is accepted.

Like I said, I could name several posters who claim to be Blinks but have said horrendous things about Lisa and are never questioned.

• OP it is not accepted and it's not just lisa, all members get hate for being popular. Maybe you are just too akgae to see it :pepestare:

You do realise you are proving my point? The “but they all get hate” posts are sidestepping the issue, as is always the case with Lisa.

Calling me an akgae is hilarious considering I praise all the girls, but when did facts ever matter? Anyone who likes Lisa being called an akgae is so immature.

• In my opinion it's more of the latter, but it also depends on which part of the fandom (there are also xenophobic "fans"). I don't consider those accounts to be true OT4 stans, like, forgetting once is understandable, but when it gets repetitive... won't get fooled lol

• I really understood your point, but what your are talking about is akgaes.

The "only" problem with the blink fandom is their blindness towards the hate Lisa gets. And not at some here saying that it's not accepted when in HYLT era Lisa was the one who received the most hate, but surprisingly another member got a supporting hashtag while Lisa was ignored by OT4 accs. IC era was the worst era to Lisa and her stans and guess what? Yes, she didn't receive a supporting hashtag either and "thanks" to these situations now we have Lisa posting almost none content in her instagram or others sns....

Big OT4 accs are blind and blind when it comes to Lisa, but let's just say that this have no positive point as people are still denying it.

Exactly, but the responses to this thread prove people ignore it. There is even a poster on here with a Lisa dp who hates on her all the time (I’m sure everyone knows who) and had tantrums when people even suggested she should get a dance break! The number I have on ignore is ridiculous, and it’s because the things they said about Lisa were genuinely vile.

Start a thread asking for main rapper, main vocalist and main visual to be treated as such and every Blink agrees. Ask for the main dancer to be treated as such and everyone says no. But of course I’m imagining the double standards...

• :pepewhat:

Idk.. I really never heard any special hate for her.

Like the whole kpop community was screaming:"Jennie lazy, special treatment!"

Than the whole kpop was after Rose:"The worst main vocalist, cant listen and stand her voice at all!"

And the same with Jisoo:"Completelly untalented, idk why she is in the group, cant dance, sing, nth."

Edit: So, even if Lisa get hate, I dont think that it's the same amount since I never even read about any special hate towards her.

• Idk.. I really never heard any special hate for her.

Than the whole kpop was after Rose:"The worst main vocal, cant listen and stand her voice at all!"

And the same with Jisoo:"Completelly untalented, idk why she is in the group, ccant dance, sing, nth"

i mean just bcuz you personally havent seen it doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

but its a fact jennie and lisa get the most hate in the group

and jisoo and rose get hate too, they all do.

• No, I’ve never once hated on Jennie. Why would you even think that? I’m Lisa biased but I like all the girls. The only person I’ve criticised is YG for how BP are handled. When people do hate Jennie , they are rightly criticised by the fandom. But hating on Lisa is accepted.

Like I said, I could name several posters who claim to be Blinks but have said horrendous things about Lisa and are never questioned.

I remember someone posting receipts of your threads and replies about Jennie so I know what I'm talking about. I would've posted them here if not for the rules. Lisa's hate is not accepted by blinks, it's only the akgae in you who thinks that way.

I'm not going to entertain you any further. There are enough blinks out there who support all. Keep the akgae things on Twitter.

• You do realise you are proving my point? The “but they all get hate” posts are sidestepping the issue, as is always the case with Lisa.

Calling me an akgae is hilarious considering I praise all the girls, but when did facts ever matter? Anyone who likes Lisa being called an akgae is so immature.

No I didn't prove your point because you are making it seem like this is a lisa exclusive thing when it clearly isnt. It's pretty much the same behaviour you see the solo fanbases of every member have on twitter, their fav is always the victim, the one being left out, getting less lines, etc.

• i mean just bcuz you personally havent seen it doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

but its a fact jennie and lisa get the most hate in the group.

It says imo. If I didnt see it while I did for other members, I dont think that it's the same amount.

Like I NEVER heard here or on yt anything bad about Lisa while I did for every other member.

Tell me about what is hate and where she gets it.

• do i srsly need to show you ?

lmaoooo

My timeline is full of my longtime friends arguing with K-Pop only hardcore stans about trashing her and other "dark" idols but saying they cannot be racist because they are Asian.......... ermm........ :ak_JihyoNode: yea the hate exists I do not know how people say it doesn't

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• Idk.. I really never heard any special hate for her.

Than the whole kpop was after Rose:"The worst main vocalist, cant listen and stand her voice at all!"

And the same with Jisoo:"Completelly untalented, idk why she is in the group, cant dance, sing, nth."

Edit: So, even if Lisa get hate, I dont think that it's the same amount since I never even read about any special hate towards her.

Hmm, there are a lot of these indeed but aren't they from the outside of the fandom, from committed antis? Well again, in Lisa's case it's also about what you consider to be "the fandom", but it's the general impression I have

• I follow kpop only on AKP and yt. I seriously never heard any hate for her on those 2, not even close to other members.

your statement of lisa being the least hated bp member already tells me i dont need to argue with you on a topic where you have no knowledge of :-)

either ways, all 4 members get a shit ton of hate and not just lisa alone.

ill just let you stick to what you want :danceb:

Edited once, last by taesv6 ().

• Hmm, there are a lot of these indeed but aren't they from the outside of the fandom, from committed antis? Well again, in Lisa's case it's also about what you consider to be "the fandom", but it's the general impression I have

Ahaa... It's in the fandom!?? Idk it than. It was just my general impression as an outsider. I saw a lot more extreme hate from all sides towards others than Lisa.

Only thing about Lisa which I heard was complain bc she got all rap in HYLT (??? or KTL??? idk) and it wasnt even towards Lisa, more towards company.

• Ahaa... It's in the fandom!?? Idk it than. It was just my general impression as an outsider. I saw a lot more extreme hate from all sides towards others than Lisa.

Only thing about Lisa which I heard was complain bc she got all rap in HYLT (??? or KTL??? idk) and it wasnt even towards Lisa, more towards company.

Wait now I'm confused too lol

So it's about "Blinks" leniency towards hate.. which seem to happen more when it's about Lisa. So OP is not talking about who did get the worst for 4 years but the fandom's behaviour when one of the members gets hate for something

And my feeling is that for the cases you mentioned, the "fandom" (extended to who OP took as examples) did react whereas they kinda failed Lisa. Thus why the line between antis and fandom, in Lisa's case, is kinda blurred... (my opinion though)

And yes I also thought those were more against YG's decisions but, there are always immature fans ofc. (which I wouldn't call ot4 stans but anyway)

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!