How come it's always SM Idols who become judges/MC's of survival shows?

• SM was much more dominant in earlier gens, so that many famous idols who have now reached the age where they can be respectable judges that are clearly older than all participants (say: above 30) are from SM.

Once 3rd gen has aged and stopped being active in their group, expect BTS, Twice, BP, MAMAMOO members etc to also be asked for these kind of things.

That's my point. Some gens later, I think Hybe idols gonna be common in these shows, since they are moving like 2nd gen SM.

Judge and master gigs are related to popularity (even if some of them are based in talent too). Even outside big companies, Uji is a better singer than Solji (and Taeyeon, and many other popular idols), but we will never see Uji as a judge or mentor since Bestie had no impact, Solji was a mentor in Boys Planet.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• those aren’t really great examples

First thank you for the details it is always instructive. Secondly my example was mainly there to show that even idols from big agencies can't have a great career once they leave these agencies.

It's a hard thing to accept for many kpop fans but the truth is that all idols come from big agencies, we will never know if they would have been able to succeed without all the privileges of their agencies.We must not underestimate all the connections and opportunities offered by these agencies to their idols and that is also why everyone is also trying to integrate these agencies.

I think every adult knows the true power of connections and the opportunities it creates. And trying to make people believe otherwise is either making fun of people or being a total jerk.

• Remember last week ?

with exo cbx news about SM way of working?

And the the company has conections in every network in the business and the power to ban idols form the media?

they have always had these well know conections to position their idols on every important program

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• First thank you for the details it is always instructive. Secondly my example was mainly there to show that even idols from big agencies can't have a great career once they leave these agencies.

It's a hard thing to accept for many kpop fans but the truth is that all idols come from big agencies, we will never know if they would have been able to succeed without all the privileges of their agencies.We must not underestimate all the connections and opportunities offered by these agencies to their idols and that is also why everyone is also trying to integrate these agencies.

I think every adult knows the true power of connections and the opportunities it creates. And trying to make people believe otherwise is either making fun of people or being a total jerk.

Of course agencies are powerful and the first step to get idols known, anyone who doubts is stupid, but like I allueded to before the idols also have to sell themselves. If you’re quiet and aren’t entertaining then likely you aren’t going to get call backs from pds. This can even happen with big labels as shown with 2ne1 - YG could get them jobs easy and their association to YG and 2ne1 should seal them careers right? Didn’t happen.

Even being in SM isn’t guaranteed. Take Luna, Wendy and Hyoyeon as the least popular members of their groups. All from SM and all from some of the biggest ggs in their eras.

Luna and Wendy easily beats Hyo on singing and had much more potential as a solo singer. Hyo early on her career was extremely quiet on camera and sometimes would have her scenes edited out because she did nothing. You’d think Luna and Wendy had their world at their feet and could make it as big solos and have their popularity transfer to things like tv and cfs. At the very least being in SM will give them more opportunities and better career plan than Hyo right?

Fast forward a few years for each idol and their careers are drastically different. Hyo is appearing on show after show because she is entertaining to watch. Soon she becomes a bit of ratings darling. A few years after that she’s getting solos, lots of fashion related stuff, touring and performing around the world for events in addition to making tv appearances here and there as a 1 time guest or being part of a series.

Luna and Wendy both underperform on charts as they were expected to be rank high, both have the least jobs overall of their groups despite their skill and both don’t really have much presence in the industry (tv, cfs etc). Luna is eventually is the only fx member carrying the dying fx name while the others are off doing acting or music and that still didn’t help develop a post career for her.

Labels can give their idols chances and opportunities through connections but the end of the day it’s the idols that leave the mark.

• ^this

• I think it boils down to connections from big companies. SM is huge, and they are connected. Also count in how popular the judge is, and SM idols are all popular one way or another.

No one want Miryo from BEG or Yoon Mirae to be a judge of a rapper, but another idol from big company who isn't really specialized in that area will be the judge instead (just an example).

How much can your name attract the viewers. Sometimes it's not about actual skill, but brand name. Like everything else. Kpop, car, designer clothing, bags, etc.

---======---

• SM artists are the only artists in the game who have real talent. No other company has idols with real talent. Look at flop JYP, can't sing, can't mentor, all lazy, all frauds, YG, bunch of dozens, no talent, no education, dropped out of high school, all can't sing, all regressed in talent, lazy idols, all frauds, then we have hybe, all young ins, too young to mentor. So of course people are going to look at SM.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• I'm sorry but its not about talent or how big these idols are but rather how accessible they are, majority of these people managed to get spots there because of SM 's personal connections to these broadcast agencies or their connection to SM...a good example would be JTBC Knowing Bros and how more then half the cast there are from SM.

SM Culture & Contents - Wikipedia

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!