{𝕓𝕥𝕡𝕗} ⑦ Armys, tell me how your first few days falling into the BTS rabbithole went?

• Can you relate with her, cause I can?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

P.S. This is Demi Lovato's sister

• paradis

Changed the title of the thread from “Armys tell me how your first few days falling into the BTS rabbithole went?” to “Armys, tell me how your first few days falling into the BTS rabbithole went?”.
  • It was a whirlwind romance kind of feeling. I can’t even remember which was the first video I watched. It was either ON kinetic, carpool, or SNL. Then I lost track of time and the next thing I knew, I could recognize their voices and identify them from the back of their heads.

Are you a new baby ARMY? Want to meet fellow ARMYs? >Click here!<
    ezgif.com-gif-maker_3.gif

• It was a whirlwind romance kind of feeling. I can’t even remember which was the first video I watched. It was either ON kinetic, carpool, or SNL. Then I lost track of time and the next thing I knew, I could recognize their voices and identify them from the back of their heads.

Yes, I know what you mean. Like her I did lose concept of space and time when I fell into the rabbit hole. There was so much to learn and see and the more I got to know them the more I loved them.

• OMG she’s so cute giggling like that and being dazed with what she’d done for the last 12 hours.

I was like a zombie too and tried to hide my sudden BTS obsession from my husband. I remember wanting to help stream mic drop, and playing the MV (I didn’t have Spotify then) at low volume. I remember looking for various links of Run BTS and BV because I can’t get enough of their charming personalities!!

I remember making a Twitter account so I can help with voting and man, I voted until Twitter stop me (there’s a limit on how much you can retweet or tweet in a day.. can’t remember the number now). It was crazy. Now I still vote but not obsessively. Thank goodness now there are many many more ARMYs and BTS don really need online clout or votes anymore. We’ve done our job well ;-)

• Don’t remember but I do know that the first video I watched was Fire in early 2017... started stanning literally before their first BBMA

• United nation speech on my country's tv channel→Search on yt their speech→recommendation of songs on YT→DNA, Mic Drop, Fire→Spring Day(Saw the whole explanation of spring day, Sewol ferry incident) & became BTS ARMY forever 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Them I came to know about their life story, run BTS. Loved all their content.

People don't understand but the main reason why people fall in love with bts so easily cause people can relate directly through their content, music, story, behaviour. BTS has something to dedicate to all people no matter what the age, genre.

• I remember the spiral very clearly. I was into Chinese TV shows and happened to like a movie Kris Wu was in. Saw in an interview that he had been in a boy band and looked it up on YT. That was my first exposure to Kpop and EXO. After that the YT algorithm started recommending BTS videos.

Many weeks later I was suffering from sleep deprivation. I was that girl. I was asking myself what is happening, why am I like this. I had binged through hours of AHL, Rookie King, Bon Voyage 1 and 2, almost all of the Run BTS episodes, and bangtan Bombs. To this day I still suffer from occasional Bangtan induced sleep deprivation. Pied Piper really hit home when I heard it 😆

• I didn’t use flash cards lol. But I did go through lots of color-coded lyric videos, DOPE MV reactions, Bangtan Bombs and their early cover stages with senior groups. It was a trip! ^^

• This so so cute. I didn’t know that was demis sister.

It was late September 2018. I spent all day and night binging on their content like ahl and BV for for like 2 months.

Every day I discovered a new song. The wide discography would normally be off putting, usually I just stick to the recent stuff if I like it, what I noticed with BTS content fanmade or BH is they use BTS music as back ground music and I found myself listening and liking even more songs by them.

That feeling of connection with music I’ve never heard felt like I had discovered my own little secret phenomenon. I could sense they were on the verge something massive.

By week 2 I had migraines cos I was on my phone too much.

• First time jump into BTS rabbit hole?

HAHAHAAHAHAA

I remember I only sleep for 3 hours EVERY FVKING DAY just to search random youtube video!!!!

watch all recomendation..

Then awww.....

watch the perfromance

THEN WOW.....

It started from ON Kinetik Manifesto Film premiere

I remember the video release about 4PM my timezone..

I follow.bighit labels from BWL, so On kmf premiere was there and I just click it.. I was bored..

And damn ...

I swear I got goosebumps watching the mv

The choreo.. I swear I never saw any kpop video with that choreo with that various skin color, Everything just wow

Ok loop the 2nd time, that though guy with pretty vocals..

Ok loop the 3rd time, Yoongi lyrics

Even if I fall, I come right up, scream
    That’s how we’ve always been
    Even if my knees drop to the ground
    As long as they don’t get buried
    It won’t matter

Really got me

• I am a fan from late 2013-early 2014 not quite sure which MV was my first but I usually like to think I watched BIL as my first MV but I do think it was one of the earlier ones but who cares then I watched pretty much every content (bangtan bombs, rookie king, logs, covers, music etc.) within 2-3 weeks (all nighters) I was in school at that time so I had the time to do all that but yeah and since then I have been a fan! :borahae:

“we never felt so young”

0a768997596edfb15ac5d9f26d04bda8676149e3.gif

Edited once, last by aliye12 ().

• Lol, my first days were so chaotic.

I watched everything I could get my eyes on, from their MV, to some Run BTS episodes ( not in the correct order, of course ), to some cute compilations for specific members, to parodies...

I also re-activated my twitter account, and I was OBSESSED with not missing anything. I was constantly checking twitter and tumblr for updates, while I was also catching up with their GAZILLION of content. I also watched a lot of reaction videos, I don't even know why. Watching other people fall down this path was entertaining too I guess.

Anyway, I'm glad it calmed down a bit after a while, LOL. Kinda started again with the pandemic and the craziness around Dynamite's promotion. I sometimes needed to force myself to go to sleep at 3 AM in the morning.

• lolll

it was unexpected to me, i’ve listened to their debut song until just one day but i never really pay attention, you know busy school days, but after i graduate i found some of their stuff been downloaded in my laptop, and that’s actually from my cousin, she was already an army since 2013, it was their mvs, the rookie kings and beautiful cover and ice cream cover, i played that over and over again until i didn’t realize i became so amazed and obsessed lmao, i began to search all their stuff, being more amazed then memorize all their name, birthday and birthday names by heart within just overnight, found bangtantv and their soundcloud the next day, joined Armys and ordered my Dark&Wild album, before i realized that i already fell into the rabbit hole and never look back.

• i still remember it. i was a kpop fan then but i didnt know about bts. then i read about their hate articles in netizenbuzz and other translation sites. feels like every other day there were hate articles and controversies so i was like "damn these guys again? they must be awful" so being the nosy girl i was i searched for their vids on youtube to see for myself.

i watched bangtan bombs (the magic power one) and i found them funny. i thought the hatred on them was unwarranted because they seem like good kids. i think i watched all their variety shows in a week bec i have a 5 hour break in between classes and still continue watching until midnight lmao. i dont think there were crack videos on youtube then but there were so many funny tumblr blogs about bts. so i made a tumblr account to have updates.

the one song that made me stan was tomorrow though. iirc yoongi used his verse in ahl performance so i searched for the original song. i was so moved because i can relate so much i cried while reading the translation. searched for their discography and i decided to stan these boys and preordered hyyh online. crazy how my nosy ass got me to be a fan but im glad i found them. now 6 years later and i still cant escape the bts rabbit hole.

• Lol her reaction to the fall is hella relatable! For me, I was one of the locals who hated kpop (still do tbh). But BTS managed to pull me in. I resisted it, A LOT, but idk what it is about them because it was so hard to not like them. Then I just gave up and gave in and have been a fan ever since!

• i was aware of BTS's dope existence for 3 years before I became an army . but one day I remembered the song , I looked it up on youtube with CCs and I kinda listened to it on repeat before admitting that I liked what I saw enough (especially RM's verse) to give their other songs a go. then ofc the obligatory who are BTS videos came next and before I knew it , I was gone for.

I binged most of their discography with lyrics breakdown for a whole week nonstop like it was an assignment. So I relate so much to the video!

• I found out about bts thru tumblr fanfics ( :peperun:) and youtube

I remember being OBSESSED WITH just one day at that time and spent most of my time watching those compilations and bangtan bombs and perfomances and variety shows something about bts really sucks you in lmao

i had exams during this time too and got such horrible grades :peperain:

used to go around amino a lot too

• Official Post

I knew of them, but I never checked their stuff till Fire came out. I loved it so much that I spent two days binge-watching everything they had released, video or song. I declared myself an Army on the third day and the rest is history.

My only regret is not discovering them early. The journey has been amazing. They really make me happy with their music and personalities. I love them more than anything

• It was odd for me. I’d liked their music for a while and had several songs on my playlists but I was never fully aware of things. I just was pootling along for about two years like that.

And then, I was in hospital for a week, really ill and miserable and it coincided with the first time that I was really in tune with there being a comeback, because there was all the buzz about the comeback being with Halsey.

So there I was, hooked up to endless IV bags, miserable as sin, pretty damn stoned on morphine, and in spite of the fact that I really didn’t think BWL was that great on first listen/watch, I found myself thinking. ‘huh, I guess I should know more names other than just RM’. ...

And dear Lord, I fell hard. I had all the time in the world because I was recuperating for about a month and every video led to another video. Bingeing that content really stopped me feeling despair at how ill I was.

I *liked* them before but they really did come to me properly when I really needed them. They gave me that strength and now I love and respect them more than I have ever loved another group or artist in all of my years on this Earth. I genuinely believe there has never been a group like them before and it will be many MANY years before we see anything else that is even close to their level.

• I was a little bit aware of them, from things like kdrama gossip articles that mentioned them and army spamming HYYH theories of all things in random places.

After I stumbled on them on YT, I didnt immedately start to lose sleep, but I did click on MVs for a few hours and moved on to albums. But then soon I had two weeks of housesitting in a remote area with nothing to do and that ended up as final nail in the coffin. I think I spent all two weeks watching their dance practices and theories and weird funny moments compilations and going through the mixtapes and all the lyrics translations. I was obsessed with AgustD for a while. And I still didnt really consider myself a fan. That happened later, when I was obsessively voting for BBMAs and it hit me that this is not casual listener behavior.

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!