Even if Fifty Fifty does end up being one hit wonders, their career is still better than 90% of the Kpop

• Be real ffs, which other girl group can boast about having a true international hit and literally being featured in one of the most anticipated movies of the summer? If your fave girl group doesn't frequently sell million and doesn't have bunch of hit songs then Fifty Fifty > your faves.

I mean lets be real. Any 3rd gen group that isn't Twice, BP, RV or Mamamoo is a flop compared fo Fifty Fifty. Any 4th gen group that isn't NJ, Ive, Aespa, LSFM or Gidle is a flop compared to Fifty Fifty.

• That’s what I am saying. I mean you could argue that for one hit wonders locally (really big hit locally and in K-pop fandoms). But 5050 is doing something all companies been trying to achieve for generations. And it’s in their rookie year while they’re still young.

lt64IYu.gif

• They have huge accomplishments even as one hit wonder, and i doubt they will stay a one hit wonder because like i said it multiple times their company seems to know their shit, every nugu company screw their groups because they don't know how to handle that new brought in fame, but not Fifty fifty company so far every move they have been doing is right hopefully they'll carry this way

ShufenShufen

Edited once, last by nana18 ().

• But one hit wonders dont last long. History is littered with one hit wonders that end up nowhere to be found.

To have a great career, you need longevity, stability, and a loyal and generous fandom. 99.9 percent of people listening to them couldnt even recognize them. That's not enough. I'd rather be a midtier group that can sell 400k-800k albums and at least have a fighting chance of retaining enough fans to remain in music for more than a few years. And the longer you survive, the more chances you have of gaining enough fame to go solo, to appear on variety, to go viral, or start your own YT channel that will give you steady reliable passive income that will sustain you for longer than your actual career.

• But one hit wonders dont last long. History is littered with one hit wonders that end up nowhere to be found.

To have a great career, you need longevity, stability, and a loyal and generous fandom. 99.9 percent of people listening to them couldnt even recognize them. That's not enough. I'd rather be a midtier group that can sell 400k-800k albums and at least have a fighting chance of retaining enough fans to remain in music for more than a few years. And the longer you survive, the more chances you have of gaining enough fame to go solo, to appear on variety, to go viral, or start your own YT channel that will give you steady reliable passive income that will sustain you for longer than your actual career.

An artist can still be a one hit wonder ans be remembered as legend eg: Gotye Somebody that i used to know, Aqua with Barbie Girl and many more

You're 180 wrong on this, history remembers one hit wonders more than it does artists who sell albums. I know who Aha are because of Take On Me and I don't know any other singer from Norway, let alone who was selling most albums. I know O-Zone but nothing else about Moldovan music scene.

Those 400-800k sales become 40-80k in 10 years, fans get old, move on. Meanwhile hit songs will go on to live for decades.

• You're 180 wrong on this, history remembers one hit wonders more than it does artists who sell albums. I know who Aha are because of Take On Me and I don't know any other singer from Norway, let alone who was selling most albums. I know O-Zone but nothing else about Moldovan music scene.

Those 400-800k sales become 40-80k in 10 years, fans get old, move on. Meanwhile hit songs will go on to live for decades.

40-80k in album sales is still 500k-1M per comeback. That's 1M-2M per year in gross revenue. 10 years in the business means you get more of the cut of album sales, so instead of only 10 percent, say you get 20 percent of the cut, that's 200-400k every year of almost guaranteed income. That's not including anything else your small but loyal fandom will buy religiously like your merch and niche celebrity endorsements.

And hit songs might go on for decades but how does that benefit the artist? Like you know who AHA is by name but 99.99 percent of people that know the song wouldnt even recognize them these days. Or even 10 years after their rise to fame. And it's most likely not you, the artist, benefiting from any streams either, it's the label and songwriters.

So you knowing the name "Aha" 40 years later benefits them how?

A loyal midsized fandom is worth 1000x more and is way more of a smarter investment than a one hit wonder song.

• That’s what I am saying. I mean you could argue that for one-hit wonders locally (really big hit locally and in K-pop fandoms). But 5050 is doing something all companies have been trying to achieve for generations. And it’s in their rookie year while they’re still young.

With Warner backing them, I think they'll be fine, and seems like kpop stans are rooting for them after seeing their success. :pepe-popcorn:

• I think the are about to get momoland treatment from kpop stans

big company stans are already sharpening their knives for them, they write essays on how 5050 is privileged

like bruh, kettle and pot much?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• About A-ha, a BTS commercial used it

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If anyone cares to see how the vocalist of Aha is doing, here

External Content youtu.be

Moral: If an act is a one-hitter, there is a reason for it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!