It's weird when people start to exclude Itzy from the top groups conversation

• They're still here and doing well. It's like people even forgetting they're a part of 4th gen too. I saw a few arguments about the top 5 of 4th gen gg and most of people not even included Itzy anymore. I don't care about ranking as they're all doing amazing but it's crazy when the bar for gg right now is really crazy. They need to have everything to be considered as the top groups. This used to be the bar for bg in previous gen.

• I think the main reason is
    ITZY flop in digital
    lately

lack of gen public support this is a must to be a top GG

their song is not public friendly

they have 4 visual but
    no IT girl level representative

Yuna not live up to the hype or not as good as Somi replacement?

then IVE and Newjeans dominate the 4th Gen

Edited 2 times, last by Michael-6 ().

• Well the problem with GG is that you need to do well pretty much everywhere

The current top gg like Ive, Newjeans, Aespa, lsrf, gidle (yes they are not selling 1M but they'll probably do it with their cb ) have everything sales, digital and are able to tour everywhere

Itzy was back in the discussion with sneakers

But cheshire had the worst digital performance for a 4th gen top gg

So sneakers charting is only see as pure luck

Until they can be back in the top 10 regularly they'll not be part of the top 5 didcussion

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• Its okay that ITZY aren't doing as well as they used/their peers. You can't expect them to dominate like they used to when there was no competition. I like to focus on the fact that ITZY are touring really well, and that's where the money is made

1 year and 7 months until AVATAR 3

• It's not. Their last comeback fell out of Melon Top 100 in a matter of days, Loco was their last title track to make it to Spotify Global and that was released almost two years ago. IVE, NJ, LSF and Aespa all sell better and now even Idle is selling a million. They don't get mentioned simply because they aren't part of the competition anymore.

If this upcoming album flops, I am sure JYPE will start promoting them all individually, they already are.

• it is weird cuz none of the 4th gen groups are even close to gaining more followers than itzy in social media. Put some respect on the first queens of 4th gen. their story could have been a lot different if korea liked them as much we did. Sadly jyp fumbled the bag.

• Itzy has higher concert tour attendance than any of the groups listed except Aespa. In fact, NewJeans and Le Sserafim haven't toured at all.

IVE didn't tour yet but their fanshow in Japan did better than any concert Itzy had there, and they sale better than Itzy which means they have a bigger fandom, so i'm mostly sure that they can tour better than itzy

Aespa did better like you mention than Itzy in term of touring

and NJ and Lesserafim considering their international popularity and big fanbase, i wouldn't be surprise if they are also able to do better than itzy

and Gidle considering how quick their sales climbed, to the point that they even surpassed Itzy last album sales with just their preorder; " I feel" got 1.1M preorder

while Itzy last album cheshire sold 1.008 M

so i wouldn't be surprise if Gidle with their big sudden rise in popularity are able to match Itzy tour too or do maybe a little less good but not from too far

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• Chesire was their most boring and pessimistic song ever released. Sneaker was catchy but bside song quality. Their concept was much more interesting and beautiful in 2021. They were in the top 10 in Melon with Mafia in the Morning. But after Lia's scandal, itzy fell off the charts and the next Loco CB was successful abroad, although the song was not successful in korea. I think the scandal and Jyp's wrong song choices hurt them. When the new girl groups got more interesting and different and fresh, they lost their place a bit. But it's still not too late, I feel they will be more successful than expected this year. Because every group has a phase of fall and rise.

• They're still here and doing well. It's like people even forgetting they're a part of 4th gen too. I saw a few arguments about the top 5 of 4th gen gg and most of people not even included Itzy anymore. I don't care about ranking as they're all doing amazing but it's crazy when the bar for gg right now is really crazy. They need to have everything to be considered as the top groups. This used to be the bar for bg in previous gen.

C'mon, you know that JYP groups can't become a top act within the first five years of their debut until they've jumped through the hoops that THEIR OWN RECORD LABEL sets in front of them :fingerk:

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• I think Itzy are doing well, it's simply that more 4th gen groups have debuted the past 1-2 years that are doing insanely well, drawing away the attention of the general public and k-pop stans.

Even (G)I-dle, an early 4th gen group, has been doing phenomenally (after Soojin left, alas, may she be doing well in her future endeavours ;( ), better in several ways than Itzy.

So it's not Itzy doing horribly, but more like competiton in 4th gen era being intense and Itzy being an older 4th gen group that's not doing as spectacular as some of these other 4th gen groups.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!