What happen to Jyp management for their girl groups?

• Itzy has a great start. Dalla Dalla was very popular and Wannabe was also very well received. But, they are not consistent and that is very important to maintain their position on the top especially with this fierce competition in gg landscape. I don't know what happened with ITZY but their music is getting more noisy and "disorganized" now. They don't make sense but the group is just so popular that probably many are not ready for this conversation.

Nmixx on the other hand, didn't even have a great debut. To be honest, they're the weakest new gg that debuted under big company. Twice didn't have impactful debut too but not this bad. People will say that at least they're doing great in sales. Well, tbh nothing impressive as that's the privileged for a group under big companies especially in this generation. What is more impressive is how they can sell that much with this quality they have given.

Itzy and Nmixx are good group and I can't blame them for their producers and company decisions. JYP is big 3 and well known for their iconic gg. Twice discography for example are very good and I don't know how they are doing from this to whatever they give to their new gg now.

The real question is, what is Jype actually trying to do? I think they should understand by now that they're not that good at doing experimental music or whatever they're doing now.

• there are just better groups discography-wise. For me Despite ITZY good peak with sneakers for internationals it's not really a good song. Nothing memorable. ITZY at fast had the ball rolling with the "noise" sounding style from Dalla dalla to wannabe. Then Not Shy was okay but it happened to make things seems so repetitive by then and shows that maybe they arent for the long run anymore. maybe change their style. thats the problem with kpop sometimes with artists coming back 2-3 times a year it gets boring and stale.

Maybe thats why BP's western style of music promotion works.

NMIXX after a while i thought they were something but when i listend to their discography again i seemed nothing memroable again. it was just nothing to look forward to. But if maybe their comeback is something memorable then maybe they still have a chance.

• dont they also have different divisions handling each group now?

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• there are just better groups discography-wise. For me Despite ITZY good peak with sneakers for internationals it's not really a good song. Nothing memorable. ITZY at fast had the ball rolling with the "noise" sounding style from Dalla dalla to wannabe. Then Not Shy was okay but it happened to make things seems so repetitive by then and shows that maybe they arent for the long run anymore. maybe change their style. thats the problem with kpop sometimes with artists coming back 2-3 times a year it gets boring and stale.

NMIXX after a while i thought they were something but when i listend to their discography again i seemed nothing memroable again. it was just nothing to look forward to. But if maybe their comeback is something memorable then maybe they still have a chance.

Nmixx has two songs I think it’s still too early to talk about their discography

• I think it’s too late for ITZY to regain their once top spot, heck even the top 3 GG spot for 4th Gen. They have had way too many misses now with like what 4 comebacks in a row? The longevity of their songs is one of the worse when compared to other popular 4th Gen GG’s.

I genuinely think the concept switching back and forth is what is hindering them and also the song choices. Like how do you go from Not Shy to Mafia to Loco to Sneakers…it’s a whole mess identity and concept wise.

It’s shocking to me they haven’t had a top 5 hit since their debut Dalla Dalla especially when JYP GG’s were known as digital monsters (Twice, Miss A etc). It seems a new era is rushing in over the new JYP GG’s because NMIXX completely flopped too.

aespa and Gidle are both doing well as they have good stability and longevity and then you have IVE, Le Sserafim and NewJeans out charting and selling just as many albums if not more than ITZY/NMIXX even though they all debuted recently.

ITZY feels like they are already past their prime. NMIXX are still super young and their only hope now is for JYP to change up their concept and give them good public friendly music going forward otherwise I feel they’re gonna get left behind in the 4th Gen GG race.

Edited once, last by Riveria ().

• korea has turned their eyes away from itzy but maybe sneakers will slowly put them back on the map. itzy is still young lol oldest at 21/22?

Yeah but Twice's way of promotion of coming back 2-3 times was how JYPE built their new building and at their peak, nothing wrong with using the model on Itzy.

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!