[ MET GALA 2023 ] What Chanel Gave Dua Lipa and Nicole Kidman Compared to Jennie

• The way Channel treats Jennie...ughh

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BlinkTaglist

• Panpriyah-lice

Changed the title of the thread from “What Chanel Gave Dua Lipa and Nicole Kidman Compared to Jennie” to “[ MET GALA 2023 ] What Chanel Gave Dua Lipa and Nicole Kidman Compared to Jennie”.
  • Nicole was wearing a dress from a campaign she did for them.

Tbh, same as Rosie last time (though I liked her look better), Jennie got some underwhelming, basic dress. She was beautiful, but the dress was ugly to me and she deserved better.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• the theme is so boring to begin with, not even kidman and lipa done something interesting. nicole kidman deserves that dress because it's what she wore for chanel no. 5 short film

she's not tall enough to pull off either of those dresses

she can use platform stiletto like kendall jenner, not that high but it's doable

• she's not tall enough to pull off either of those dresses

jennie could be 140cm and there’d be plenty of ways to dress her appropriately for a met gala event and not a cocktail party like that demure black and white dress chanel gave her. ariana grande is even shorter than jennie and she had no problem pulling off this huge gown that went viral for how audacious and opulent it is:

ariana-grande-attends-the-62nd-annual-grammy-awards-at-news-photo-1580081523.jpg

Its impact was immediately felt and kpop didn’t escape its influence either. Heck Lesserafim just came back and yunjin is still styled in a tulle dress in 2023. That’s what outfits in the biggest fashion event of the year should strive for, and the model’s height is completely irrelevant in creating those moments in the age of social media

• Meanwhile Choi sora was THE MOMENT she won the whole night

PLIS they did Jennie so dirty 😭

• jennie could be 140cm and there’d be plenty of ways to dress her appropriately for a met gala event and not a cocktail party like that demure black and white dress chanel gave her. ariana grande is even shorter than jennie and she had no problem pulling off this huge gown that went viral for how audacious and opulent it is:

ariana-grande-attends-the-62nd-annual-grammy-awards-at-news-photo-1580081523.jpg

Its impact was immediately felt and kpop didn’t escape its influence either. Heck Lesserafim just came back and yunjin is still styled in a tulle dress in 2023. That’s what outfits in the biggest fashion event of the year should strive for, and the model’s height is completely irrelevant in creating those moments in the age of social media

no, i don´t think she would look GOOD in a dress like this. Arianna G got lost in that dress

Both Nicole and Dua are over 1.8 mtrs tall

And yes, even when the dress is KL vintage, and she looks pretty, i expected more. She does not understand that the Met Gala is about putting a SHOW.

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• no, i don´t think she would look GOOD in a dress like this. Arianna G got lost in that dress

Both Nicole and Dua are over 1.8 mtrs tall

And yes, even when the dress is KL vintage, and she looks pretty, i expected more. She does not understand that the Met Gala is about putting a SHOW.

I didn’t say jennie had to wear a similarly huge dress to ariana’s. my point is height does not matter if your stylist knows what they’re doing and dresses you flatteringly and appropriately for the occasion. jennie’s chanel dress does not fit a met gala carpet at all and is a waste of the opportunity, just like rose’s ysl dress a couple years ago

• I prefer Jennie's look over these two :skull:

It was a little underwhelming but I'm not a fan of the other looks :p

Legend Lee Know

External Content youtu.be

• I didn’t say jennie had to wear a similarly huge dress to ariana’s. my point is height does not matter if your stylist knows what they’re doing and dresses you flatteringly and appropriately for the occasion. jennie’s chanel dress does not fit a met gala carpet at all and is a waste of the opportunity, just like rose’s ysl dress a couple years ago

and i agree that Jennie could have wore something else, i think she wanted to wear something short and not too unconfortable for the event

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• she looks very pretty like a doll and I love the make up

i know it would be great to see her in some flashy gown but this seems more like her style

i also dont' think its more boring than those other too?

dua lipa looks good but i cant really imagine jennie wearing this tbh

• Jennie dress look like those on the rack bad prom dresses

They could have done sth better

External Content www.youtube.com

• Lmfao!

• jennie could be 140cm and there’d be plenty of ways to dress her appropriately for a met gala event and not a cocktail party like that demure black and white dress chanel gave her. ariana grande is even shorter than jennie and she had no problem pulling off this huge gown that went viral for how audacious and opulent it is:

It's interesting to me that you used this look as a positive example because to me this is the textbook example how not to look. She looks like she got tangled in fabric and ruffles

• It's interesting to me that you used this look as a positive example because to me this is the textbook example how not to look. She looks like she got tangled in fabric and ruffles

i’m not here to argue about personal taste, just about dressing appropriately for the occasion, and jennie’s outfit was definitely not appropriate for the occasion. a good stylist can dress anyone, even a child, and height should not be a hard barrier for them. that’s my point.

even I don’t love ariana’s outfit lol but at least it’s not lacklustre and uninspiring

• No, she can't because she's short for them. She even looks short in the dress she wore

I mean, Jessica wore this though it wasn't The Met, Jennie can own a Cinderella look too.

External Content www.instagram.com

• I agree she is quite short so she can’t pull off such dresses. But they could have done something more interesting like Jenna Ortega did. She’s also quite short but what she wrote was hyped.

Definitely. There was so many options. I checked all 204 pics on vogue site and a lot of short women looked fabulous.

Met Gala 2023 Red Carpet: See Every Celebrity Look, Outfit, and Dress from Last Night
    The Met Gala 2023 is fashion’s biggest night of the year. See every red carpet look from your favorite celebrities and designers at the Metropolitan Museum of…
    www.vogue.com

Jennie's body proportion looks weird in this dress. It's a short dress but it somehow makes her even shorter

• i’m not here to argue about personal taste, just about dressing appropriately for the occasion, and jennie’s outfit was definitely not appropriate for the occasion. a good stylist can dress anyone, even a child, and height should not be a hard barrier for them. that’s my point.

even I don’t love ariana’s outfit lol but at least it’s not lacklustre and uninspiring

Oh, if you are talking about impact then i agree, almost everything would look better than she wore. Imo the dress she wore look cheap and it's unflattering.

This is met gala, there are no limits, experiment with the look!

• Definitely. There was so many options. I checked all 204 pics on vogue site and a lot of short women looked fabulous.

http://www.vogue.com/slideshow…ive-celebrity-fashion/amp

Jennie's body proportion looks weird in this dress. It's a short dress but it somehow makes her even shorter

These dresses are all made for tall model proportions even sizing down won’t help. It needs to be re proportioned. I guess she didn’t get a custom fit.

• I don't think these dresses look like dua and nicole's dresses

• These dresses are all made for tall model proportions even sizing down won’t help. It needs to be re proportioned. I guess she didn’t get a custom fit.

And Jenna, Billie and Salma, among others, obviously did.

Salma is 1.55cm tall and she doesn't look short, it was obviously a custom fit, she looks great

• I don't think these dresses look like dua and nicole's dresse

They are long gowns and you said Jennie is too short for that

Also, there's this

• I think the only reason that the Met Gala is so big and highly anticipated is because of the fashion.

I'm not even a fashion person, and even I get interested in what crazy, glamorous, or extravagant thing people are going to wear. It's just fun seeing pretty people get dolled up and wear beautiful things.

The Met Gala is where a lot of big fashion "moments" happen.

Jennie definitely could have made a "moment". Especially with her starring in "The Idol". Even if she doesn't have a main role.

The fact they sent her out in a black and white baby doll dress with a bow and flower in the middle is an...interesting choice. Maybe they were going for a classy/elegant look rather than something over the top, but it made it difficult for Jennie to stand out. Then again, maybe the point wasn't for her to stand out anyway.

If the objective was for her to be cute, then mission accomplished. But, that look is definitely not one for the books.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

fc48bd06c65bdda5a70662a95298c58967e2efac.gifv2388a663244f2a30b386bac2c9600bc97508161c.gifv

• The fact they sent her out in a black and white baby doll dress with a bow and flower in the middle is an...interesting choice. Maybe they were going for a classy/elegant look rather than something over the top, but it made it difficult for Jennie to stand out. Then again, maybe the point wasn't for her to stand out anyway.

If the objective was for her to be cute, then mission accomplished. But, that look is definitely not one for the books.

tbf the flower motif was a nod to karl lagerfeld’s recognisable designs, and the black and white colour scheme was a reference to his signature style and many bridal collections. that’s why there were so many black/white/monochromatic outfits and flower motifs on the red carpet yesterday, since the theme for this year is honouring karl lagerfeld’s body of work.

so at least some thoughts went into jennie’s dress to at least incorporate elements that fit the theme lol, but the execution and overall vision for the dress just wasn’t there, like at all.

Some examples of monochromatic outfits that incorporated the flower motif but were still daring and fashionable and without making it childish or cliched

MET-Gala-2023-Red-Carpet-Arrivals-684-.jpg?quality=86&strip=all

poupay-met-gala-2023-3083-verticalTwoByThree735-v2.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp

nina-met-gala-2023-3699-verticalTwoByThree735.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp

279625022_299530662348582_4438661056626603943_n.jpg?format=1000w

• Anne Hathaway killed that shit. Gorgeous!

I haven't looked at all of the looks, but from the ones I have seen, her, Sora Choi, and Yara Shahidi are my favorites.

• This thread contains 13 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!