Does talking about human rights have no place in Kpop?

• nah

I dislike celebrities who preach but never walk the walk

Tell us peasants to not use the heating system in the winter and just layer up while they go around the world in their private jets.

If they arent going to follow their own advice its best to keep the mouth closed as well

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• honestly I don't need to hear what celebrities think, a lot of them are out of touch with reality and do not care for what their actually saying. It was funny to me how during BLM idols who have been racist for a long time posted black squares like they weren't in music videos in cornrows saying the words "ghetto" or "ratchet" I just roll my eyes, I don't have time anymore.

• Should Kpop idols learn from the west? Kpop idols have so much influence, probably bigger yet they are silent most of the time..

Learn what from the west? Alot of nonsense to ruin our society? Human rights etc is already a thing here in Korea. We don't need colonialism telling us how to live our lives.

Pure hypocrite shit always saying don't speak over others etc respect etc others race and culture. 🤡🤡🤡 Yet here we are having some western colonial bs telling us Asians how to live because apparently we are savage's that know no better 🤡

• honestly I don't need to hear what celebrities think, a lot of them are out of touch with reality and do not care for what their actually saying. It was funny to me how during BLM idols who have been racist for a long time posted black squares like they weren't in music videos in cornrows saying the words "ghetto" or "ratchet" I just roll my eyes, I don't have time anymore.

None of that is racist. You just trivialize actual racism by getting offended by every little thing.

• Learn what from the west? Alot of nonsense to ruin our society? Human rights etc is already a thing here in Korea. We don't need colonialism telling us how to live our lives.

Pure hypocrite shit always saying don't speak over others etc respect etc others race and culture. 🤡🤡🤡 Yet here we are having some western colonial bs telling us Asians how to live because apparently we are savage's that know no better 🤡

Freedom of speech and press and all that jazz and a few days ago eu asked from us to ban two channels, and we are not in eu. Eu officials have criticized iranian and georgian government for not letting people protest in peace. Did they comment on french protests and police brutality? No, they didn't. Etc etc. Western values at its best

• None of that is racist. You just trivialize actual racism by getting offended by every little thing.

It's ignorant and hypocritical. Jay park doing this MV isn't racist?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

whatever you say bud, whatever you say.

Edited once, last by ellenote ().

• greta thunberg has been preaching about climate change for years and she hasn't said a word about nord stream sabotage. I wonder why

• It's ignorant and hypocritical. Jay park doing this MV isn't racist?

🤡 How's that MV racist? Bruh if someone copying the "coolness" of gang styles like sagging pants or imitating alot of the rap artists that use these same hand signs etc is racism then any western speaking Korean wearing a hanbok or have an Asian language tattoo on them is racist 🤡 lol are we serious that someone saying rachet or ghetto in a song or in a sentence is racist??? 🤡 What fukin clown world are we in? What drugs do you take? You need a doctor?

• If they want to talk about human rights, why not ?

They are humans too, so don't seem them being idols as a reason for them not to.

I don't think they 'have' to do it, but I also don't like the 'shut up and sing mentality'.

• It's ignorant and hypocritical. Jay park doing this MV isn't racist?

I have no idea what they're saying, but I didn't see a single thing that was racist, just the same stereotypical hip-hop culture that every race has emulated, and I can't believe you made me watch all that just to answer. :eyeroll-pepe:

• I have no idea what they're saying, but I didn't see a single thing that was racist, just the same stereotypical hip-hop culture that every race has emulated, and I can't believe you made me watch all that just to answer. :eyeroll-pepe:

CANNOT believe YOU are mad at me for my opinion ON this MATTER? so sick to me I am so UPSET that these PEOPLE on this FORUM are ATTACKING ME???? ALL FOR JAY PARK? EVIL ASS. SO SICK OF evil PEOPLE.....LIKE YOU....anyways sorry for making you watch that VIDEO not my FAULT? BYE now....

• DO NOT KNOW WHO LUCY IS, WILL NOT GIVE YOU AWAY? TO WHO? ADMINS!!! NOT ADDING UP. BLESS YOU THOUGH! BLESS ALL USERS!

Since you were talking about evil energy and all that 8)

Thanks for your blessings. Same to you

• Which channels? Perhaps Happy TV channel?

^^^^

rt and sputnik. they are fine with n1, insider, nova, euronews, al jazeera, what else do we have? i btw watch n1 and don't watch rt and sputnik but that side should be also heard, don't police what people should watch. we also have cnn and bbc in english. everything is fine but first two are unacceptable

let me be a hypocrite and say that srpski telegraf and informer should be banned ^^ i'm embarrased by the language they use and the nonsense they write. koji prostakluk tamo vlada, neverovatno

eta: forgot to mention jovana jeremić :skull:

• thank you for explaining what cultural appropriation is.

Yo if that's cultural appropriation then you being a kpop fan is cultural appropriation as as a Korean i must now demonize you and call you a racist 🤡 because this what western fake woke people do over nothing. Fair is fair right?

• I do not like it when certain celebs preach their beliefs onto others.

For example, it is especially hypocritical when certain celebs preach that we need to save the environment, yet fly regularly around the world on private jets.

• Nothing wrong with spreading awareness. They just need to make sure their actions align with their words.

A celeb's hypocrisy shouldn't cause us to rebel out of spite either. I've seen a lot of that.

its not rebelling to tell celeb do what they preach or STFU

They have so much more power and money than the common person, if they are not making the right decisions, how can they expect people who barely make the ends meet to do better

• No, I agree with you.

I'm referring to people who specifically decide to care less about their own footprint on the world just to spite the hypocrites. "Oh, they're not doing it, so why should I?" type of mentality. They're out there, and it's such an unfortunate mindset to have.

You can hold celebs accountable while still doing your part. That's perfectly fine.

I think they are getting at the point that celebrities shouldn't be activists at all period! Because it often becomes hypocrisy. Example say my favorite Yoongi or BTS all together made some stance on climate change ala Greta thenburg style or whatever. It would end up being hypocrites because how can you say use less etc when you own houses or commission the construction of a big ass mansion for you that uses up a ton of resources and requires lots of power etc to run= waay more pollution etc

Or you do commerical or modeling etc deals with companies that pollutes etc. You see how bad that would look? And for a celebrity like this to do what they preach they would have to demand all music made is digital only. Get rid of all the photocards etc. Not do any deals with companies. Sell their houses to get a small eco friendly house and a small eco friendly electric car etc. Not buy all that expensive luxury brand clothing and accessories which uses real fur, leather etc. Yeah... You'd need them to change their entire lifestyle

• Celebrities should remain entertainers nothing more. Not preachers or advocates because they always end up being hypocrites in the long run.

The drive to do good should not come from celebrities but from the needs of others. If you need a celebrity to motivate you to do good, you need to re-evaluate.

• Yo if that's cultural appropriation then you being a kpop fan is cultural appropriation as as a Korean i must now demonize you and call you a racist 🤡 because this what western fake woke people do over nothing. Fair is fair right?

KAZUYAKKAMENASHI.....THANK you....FOR TELLING me....THIS....WOKE......SO SICK.....SO SICKENING....WOKE......YOU NEED to...REFLECT....ON.....YOUR LIFE....AND THIS REPLY....I WILL...NOT....FORGIVE YOU....FOR WRITING THIS.......will remember THIS...SO EVIL and SINISTER of YOU to SAY THIS.........GOD...bless YOU...OR just HAVE A GREAT DAY IF you DO NOT believe in NAEVIS.....sick....just SICK.....SICK.....can't even put into WORDS really ANGRY......

• KAZUYAKKAMENASHI.....THANK you....FOR TELLING me....THIS....WOKE......SO SICK.....SO SICKENING....WOKE......YOU NEED to...REFLECT....ON.....YOUR LIFE....AND THIS REPLY....I WILL...NOT....FORGIVE YOU....FOR WRITING THIS.......will remember THIS...SO EVIL and SINISTER of YOU to SAY THIS.........GOD...bless YOU...OR just HAVE A GREAT DAY IF you DO NOT believe in NAEVIS.....sick....just SICK.....SICK.....can't even put into WORDS really ANGRY......

I'm not trying to be mean, but did you have a stroke or something?

• I'm not trying to be mean, but did you have a stroke or something?

VIPER....YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT, I...ELLENOTE, AM THE REAL ADMIN OF ALLKPOP....PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND WHO............I AM BUT........EVERYBODY KNOWS ELLENOTE IS REALLY THE CREATOR OF THIS....WEB......SITE? JUST THE FACTS......I AM NOT HAVING A STROKE.......BECAUSE GOD PROTECTS ME FROM ALL OF THAT....GOD IS ON MY SIDE....IS HE...OR SHE...WE DON'T KNOW...#GODISAWOMAN??? ON YOUR SIDE....YES! I AM NOT A TROLL....PEOPLE CALLING YOU A TROLL, FEEL SORRY FOR YOU! REALLY DO....BECAUSE THEY DO NOT GET.....what....I am...WHAT the real....DEFINITION of TROLL is.....IT IS ART!!!!!!!!!!!! #THANKYOUJESUS.......LOVE you though, have a LOT of LOVE for all users...ON this site.....MODS need to HEAR me??? but don't....PLEASE understand....PLEASE....GOODBYE.....BYE.....LIVE....LAUGH....???? LOVE.....? yes, I am having a stroke. lots of voices in head. SEE YOU....LATER?????

• This thread contains 21 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!