If u could banish one thing from kpop culture what would it be?

• That video of Sullyoon crying got me messed up bc u can look how clearly shaken she was after talking to him. That man did not deserve to talk to her. He took advantage of this "idol" image that forces idols to always be kind and was very rude to her about something pointless. It wasnt because she didnt look at the camera, it was a power play. He was a intimidating man who made a girl who's not even in her 20s yet cry because she didn't attend his stupid wish. It's INFURIATING.

One of the main problems about kpop is this fanmeet thing. It's clearly extremely toxic for the idols who are forced to keep smiling and pretend everything is fine after dealing with a bunch of creeps.

I would banish this fanmeet thing in a heartbeat if I had the chance. If youre really a fan u can just attend their performances and buy their stuff and will survive like everyone else.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• To not repeat what was already answered, for me its cringy comments and annoying people in live streams.

Despite being told and fully knowing how awkward it makes other people feel, or hearing people say, 'can you say this', or say a word (often swears from my experience) in their language it really puts me off.

It's 50% of the reason when I view live streams I just don't comment. After a handful of soloists and even idol group members responded or answer my question (Like Woojin or this idol named St.Van of VAV) I kinda put my comments on the back burner.

OR

Something I really wish to banish is people thinking they need to follow their idols on every platform, comment on every single video, live stream or article to become a fan. Yes, believe it or not I was pretty bad at it myself when I first got into kpop in 2017 (You will never know though cause I deleted the BTS fan base account and my exo one, gosh it was really bad lol).

• And when people beat themselves up for not doing this or not being able to afford every album that comes out. Even more so, us Canadian fans when everything is like $10+ the normal album would cost. (Which sucks cause I would love a A.C.E Changer or Woodz Only Lovers Left album NGL).

But it seems like people beat themselves up about it for nothing, I only own 4 albums to and people say I'm a bad fan. (1 DPR, 1 BAP, 1 Pentagon, 1 BE'O album) and if anything they are signed and have a separate personal reason to me.

I wish people would be kinder to themselves.

• Kpop fans

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Perfect image

I find it funny how people like to preach about how "idols should let loose and show their personality" when they do something slightly off tangent they are being "cancelled" by those very same people who wanted them to relax in the first place

FACT'S!!!! hate those hypocrites

• aren't they things you expect from any type of parasocial community? idk i feel like they are more critiques for online community in general about celebrities/ public figure. generally agree that the binary vision of how people should behave really put unnecessary pressure to celebrities.

specific for idols life... the audacity to think the idols owe anything to fans. the entire thing is transactional, nobody pressure people to support idol's artistry continuously, they can stop anytime and tbh it's not like the end of the world to do so. this is the roots of problems mentioned before like sasaengs, info leaks, perfect imagery, fans-into-anti the moment idols in committed relationship, etc, fans think they deserve to have power over them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!