Spiritual successor of every 3rd gen girl group

• what do you mean success wise? so blackpink is not succesful? Blackpink is literally the most successful girl group

I gave my reasons why they remind me more of IVE than Aeapa ( I just didn't agree with aespa similarity) both have it girls ( Jennie and wonyoung) I have yet to see another 4th gen to have that and longetivity wise on charts Ive still seems to be strong or maybe should I say Ive seems to be going to be as strong both digitally and with phsyical albums as blackpink in the future if startship doesn't mess up. Ive just like Blackpink has a big fanbase in China and in my personal opinion Wonyoung's hate is pretty similar to what jennie had to go through

Twice is the most successful girl group, BP is the most popular one if you wish for a title.

It girls don't exist

Longevity changed since the charts changed + New Jeans have better longevity on charts than Ive, get updated. BP was never particularly known for having longevity anyway.

Blackpink wasn't initially strong both digitally and with physicals albums, BP's sales were whack.

Jennie and WY are hated for variety of different reasons.

• Now you can’t read ? Where did I say BP isn’t not successful. I SAID SUCESS WISE IVE IS MORE SIMILAR TO TWICE BECAUSE OF THEIR SUCCESS TRAJECTORY. Is that hard to understand.

• please post your thoughts here when you do listen to them; I recommend starting with "O.O"

i like it, but i also like a lot of loud edm. i can see why others wouldn't be into because of the switch ups but it worked for me. i'll check out more of their stuff :thumbup:

reminded me nothing of red velvet though lol

• I went into this thinking you guys in this generally provincial community were - gasp - actually having a civil and somewhat interesting conversation. Then I learned I should never trust K-pop stans (and especially ones on here) to not argue.

Anyways, I get the Jennie-Wonyoung comparisons, although I reckon that has more to do with success factors than OP would want. Koreans are loving IVE right now and they have a chance of catching up to TWICE like anyone else, but so does NewJeans and even then both are not even close to reaching the mythical "nation's girl group" status because they debuted, like, what, two weeks ago? But that's also success matters, actually. But it's hard to leave out success when talking about equivalents like this, lots of inter-gen comparisons are basically "this group is like that group because they're popular." It's also pretty hard because 3rd and 4th gen are two different gens with distinct sounds and different horizons in what's possible. We've gotta accept it, this is out of the old and into the new. (But the vibe comparisons that one person made are actually pretty good...)

₊˚⊹♡ 단 ♡⊹˚₊

ewdMqv1.gif

₊˚⊹♡ 이 ♡⊹˚₊

• Honestly as a reveluv i totally get the nmixx x rv comparison, except tbh rv has the better songs. Like Rv, nmixx have great vocals and arent afraid of being weird. They also have a top tier visual. They really should try a dual concept like rv instead of only releasing noise music everytime, fans will eventually get tired if they keep insisting on the same type of thing. It's what happened to itzy and twice. Dual concept would strongly benefit them.

For aespa I know they took heavy inspiration from BP but because their music and concept is very different they remind me a lot more of f(x) that also had unique music and girl crush that felt different from all others. It's like f(x) on steroids.

For Ive i dont think its either twice of bp like discussion in 1st page but LATE APINK, aka i'm so sick, dumrudum, %%, that's 100% ive's vibe with outfits they would wear, mvs they would do and songs they would release. I'm pretty sure starship took heavy inspiration from them.

For nj i find their vibe more similar to twice since they have an innocent, harmless vibe.

For lesserafim I would say CLC. Similar girlcrush vibe.

This is going to be controversial maybe but the 4th gen group that reminds me more of bp is g idle. That's bc they feel very similar in attitude, i'm not talking about music, concept or visual.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!