Blocking artists on Spotify? Jesus, these people have LOST IT FR!!!

• I came across this one tweet before it got lost on TL.

It said “A certain artist is getting a lot of streams due to auto play, block them”.

For some, it may be a rational decision but for me, this is just too low.

It’s like, I don’t want to accidentally help that song (whatever that song maybe) get even one stream because my co-fandom told me to block them.

It does concern my favourite artist and the fact that people think SM paid Spotify to play KAI even after he’s blocked. SM paying Spotify? Bruh, they don’t even restock the fcking albums…..their highest revenue gainer.

I just feel like it’s petty and has that negative undertone of “I don’t want that song/artist to get more streams or get successful”….

That’s just my opinion tho. But yeah, these people are weird af.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• If someone hates Autoplay, then they need to turn off the feature. (mine is off)

What kinda of logic it is to block the artists one by one lol

Kpop fan making their own lives harder

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• AYO!!!!

I came across someone on twt who’s a user here blatantly accusing KAI of getting more streams because of another song by their fave charting.

I wonder if they play two-face here to appear nice among others.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• they hate the song because it's better and getting love from non fans and increasing it's streams. It's interesting to see their jealousy even though they have the bigger fanbase and more popularity for their group.

• Oh I have done it because I like autoplay but I like not listening to some artists better, it's not a matter of giving them more streams or not, it is just that my life and mood are better without having to listen to their music that's all.

Although doing it to keep an artist from being successful can be petty as fuck. Some fandoms just find new ways to outdo themselves and not in a positive way.

• It’s not a big deal I have artists blocked too cuz I don’t want to hear them. That’s why that feature exists. It’s mainly useful if you listen to like the generic playlists but don’t want some artists on them.

And I thought everyone has had auto play off since the dawn of time… who even keeps it on that people have to be told to turn it off. It was literally the first thing I did :angryr: :cryingr:

It was just funny that Kai haters thought such things was what was giving Kai his streams only that part was hilarious. Nah besties you just dumb if you didn’t know what auto play was and how to turn it off :angryr: :cryingr:

• And I thought everyone has had auto play off since the dawn of time… who even keeps it on that people have to be told to turn it off. It was literally the first thing I did :angryr: :cryingr:

Back then Spotify made it default and there was no way to turn off autoplay so I guess people didn't bother checking their settings because of it..

• I have HEAPS of artists blocked, but weirdly no kpop artists

For example

R Kelly - For obvious reasons

Chris Brown - For being a domestic abuser

Kanye - Duh

Ed Sheeran - for being a ranga (ask an Aussie). Also cause I hate him and his weak music

Meghan Trainor - ewww

Tones and I - To banish that fcking Dance Monkey song

A lot of these and other would come up a lot on playlists I listened to pre kpop (and still do)

But I don't dislike any kpop acts nearly enough to want to block any

• Kpop fans reaching a new level of petiness what's new ?

Also for me it's just weird to block an artist, i never blocked any artist and i don't think i'll do one day

Just like i never turn the autoplay button off because i'm always more than happy to discover new songs from any artist that they wouldn't necessarily check if i didn't listen to their songs by "mistake"

Personally to me ppl like this are people who care more about the artist than the song itself

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• Huh, did Twitter people never learn about the loop button?

Looping will filter your streams, it’s a no no

By the way, I sometimes let my Spotify auto play and Kai always comes after Jimin’s song. But I kinda like the song it’s ok. What I don’t like is Taylor Swift’s girl you loved (or something like that) which will always comes up after Kai. And I tried hiding the song, but it still plays after Kai. Why? I don’t wanna block Taylor, just annoyed because I always hear her on the radio so I don’t want to hear her voluntarily

• I have lots of kpop groups blocked on Spotify mostly because they were messing up my discover weekly playlist and I don't listen to their songs. I don't get what's the problem here...

• I do this to a lot of acts when I feel like letting the autoplay do its thing. Or when I'm on playlists I either hide songs or artists whose songs I know I'm not going to like. Spotify's algorithm sucks because the kpop label just puts together the most different sounding acts. Wish AM or YT Music had it (love their sound quality but Spotify is so much better in terms of playlists/interface)

Don't take it personally

• Looping will filter your streams, it’s a no no

By the way, I sometimes let my Spotify auto play and Kai always comes after Jimin’s song. But I kinda like the song it’s ok. What I don’t like is Taylor Swift’s girl you loved (or something like that) which will always comes up after Kai. And I tried hiding the song, but it still plays after Kai. Why? I don’t wanna block Taylor, just annoyed because I always hear her on the radio so I don’t want to hear her voluntarily

Spotify does something to Taylor Swift's song because I only have to hear it once for her to get on my Spotify wrapped.

• I have Chris Brown blocked for reasons and Ateez because their sound is just really not my thing.

• they hate the song because it's better and getting love from non fans and increasing it's streams. It's interesting to see their jealousy even though they have the bigger fanbase and more popularity for their group.

they should be smart and hype the original version, that is entirely in English.

• If Kai music (in this case) bothers them that much and they don't have him blocked then something has to be sacrificed :pepe-shrug:

Although I think this is karma for some people who left hate comments mentioned him a lot and poof he is right there, on their playlist :pepe-cringe:

find it very annoying when people mention karma when all fandoms behave the same way.

• Exols on allkpop.com have made 5 threads about BTS/Army in just 2 days. While the Army of AKP have been just focusing on their favs since Jimin's album dropped. From entering innocent Jimin threads and whining all over the forums to now whining about what twt Army are doing (like exols on here don't act allergic to BTS in any shape or form). The obsession with BTS/Army is very clear. Though you all will deny it. Can never take the L like your fandom stands for.

• Are Kpop fans seriously whining about another person’s decision to block artists or music that they don’t like? Is this really a serious thing when they are fine or at the very least don’t speak up about fans organizing together to falsely report idols (real people) to get them kicked off a platform. There is a real difference in ethics and morality. One is trying to control other people’s free choices and the other is trying to cancel/ silence another person so that your fave can hold onto an empty achievement. Kpop fans should reflect on themselves because it’s really coming off like your parents should have done a better job raising you. Your values are screwed up.

• If you are on Spotify free blocking the artist is the only way to not getting their songs over and over. I have Aespa and Blackpink blocked I think. When I want to listen something from them, I unblock, listen and then block again. It works pretty well tbh

It's also teach the algorithmn which kinda of songs you like. Spotify never recomended Everglow and ClC. On flip side I feel they stopped recommending Bigbang too

• This thread contains 61 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!