Things you can't stand in kpop songs.

• what kind of things do you hate hearing in kpop songs/ will turn you off from a kpop song?

I'll start.

I hate when a word or phrase is repeated a ton in the song, especially if the chorus is mainly that word/phrase over and over. I'll pick on one of my faves here for an example. I adore MX and have like 90% of their disco on my playlist, but I refuse to listen to Breathe. They just keep singing "Take deep breath.... take deep breath .... take deep breath" URGHHHH It's grating. It makes me stabby. It makes me need to take deep breaths to calm down. WRITE OTHER LYRICS

What about you? What things will make you hit the SKIP button?

• the only thing that has ever made me mad in a kpop song is in cravitys stay, cute song, i love her dearly

but theres the line

"you are everything i need, cuz you're everything i need"

like deadass

rhyming need w/ need
    when "cuz you're everything to me" is right there and so precious. cheesy but precious WHY JUST HAVE THE SAME SENTENCE AS YOUR "BECAUSE" WHY!!!!

imagewe are the two as oneimage
    tumblr_87c871885fc1b1ac179f7fad3f66c807_97657e41_540_5.gif

• the only thing that has ever made me mad in a kpop song is in cravitys stay, cute song, i love her dearly

but theres the line

"you are everything i need, cuz you're everything i need"

like deadass

rhyming need w/ need
    when "cuz you're everything to me" is right there and so precious. cheesy but precious WHY JUST HAVE THE SAME SENTENCE AS YOUR "BECAUSE" WHY!!!!

Omg, me too. I hate using the same word for a rhyme. It's so lazy.

You are everything I need....

You are the air I breathe

Without you, there's no me

Your love sets me free

COME ON!

• Too much rapping, don't like any sort of rapping either K pop or maintstream.

Remember when everybody was screaming “cultural appropriation!” at every little real or imagined violation of the woke norms of the hour, but pretended not to notice big Korean corporations forcing little girl idols to dress and act like Black American gangsters to sell music?

Yeah - K-Rap can’t disappear soon enough.

Edited once, last by superyeah: Moderator's note: User has been warned. Any further instance will be met with more severe action. ().

• Excessively bad English grammar/diction/syntax.

Terribad song titles, mixing up English or using random symbols and punctuations, just STOP IT already omg.

That excessively loud trap beat, i get it, you know how to press the high hat key on your music softwares but can you please not use it for EVERY DAMN SONG and if you do use it, can you please TONE THAT SHIT DOWN and make it blend with the background instrumentals instead of blaring it at 1000decibels OMG.

Too much autotune/overprocessing.

• Omg i hate terrible syntax. I also can't stand when singers mispronounce English words on purpose to force the lyric to work. Looking at you got7 with your ser-en-na-day. Still love you though!

Excessive vocal processing is a cancer in kpop

• Omg i hate terrible syntax. I also can't stand when singers mispronounce English words on purpose to force the lyric to work. Looking at you got7 with your ser-en-na-day. Still love you though!

Excessive vocal processing is a cancer in kpop

It's 2023 ffs, not 1993, there's no excuse anymore to not do 10x better with English. I can understand small nugu labels run by like 6 people in some rando basement but no song from a big 5 label should ever be released with blatant English errors anymore.

Screenshot 2023-03-18 181410.png

Screenshot 2023-03-18 181439.png

Like imagine if Taylor Swift came out with Spanish lyrics in her next song or even Japanese or Korean and then completely butchered them, she would be shaded like crazy on social media, some would even call her racist by not putting in the work to learn the language properly and just trying to exploit it, blah blah blah.

But YYJ and LSM think it's ok to release this trash in 2022? The most egregious part about all this is that this song is literally Aespa's second best song, it really suits them, but how can we take it seriously when these jokers at SM wont even take the time to fix the crap lyrics from 1983 or whenever BOA or SESD or whoever released this song first X(. Poor Giselle, imagine being English proficient like her and being asked to record these terribad lyrics OMG, how could she even keep a straight face in the studio?

• do you wanna upside down is iconic af. i love goofy eng lyrics

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• Breathy singing marketed as “stylish”

Falsetto when it’s not done properly.

Any sound of loud unnecessary instrumentals (I get easily startled 😭)

Baritone voices imo they don’t suit group settings. Stick to solos.

when the lyrics are in English and I can understand the sub par lyrics 😭

• random ass high note adlibs that make no sense in a song like love my luminous boys to death woobin is amazing but his random ass high note towards the end of the song is so out of place

Around 3:12

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Songs with police sirens or any sound thats similar in it...I hate it...I hate driving and suddenly think I'm being pulled over....

Nah, I dead set pulled into a side lane one time thinking the sirens in a song were an emergency vehicle that I had to let pass (law in my country)

Forcing a rap into a song, even if it doesn't fit, because the group has a "rap line"

Strobing/flashing lights in some MV's. I don't get seizures, but they hurt my eyes sometimes.

That really doofy gorilla arms dance in the OMG chorus

• -Autotune

-Falsetto

-Empty choruses

-Unnecessary rap part that kills the flow of the song

-Singing in an unnecessarily high pitch

Edited once, last by h28 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!