Ikon leaving YG but not reuniting with BI and Highlight getting rid of Junhyung after having left Cube show how deluded kpop fans are

• Fans have this strong belief that their faves are all super close and ready to stand up for each other that whenever anything bad happens - "Fuck the company, it is all their fault".

An even more better example would be VIXXxHongbin when the latter himself said on live streamed that he was told to leave by a member (Leo).

We also know that Pristin had very shitty relationship behind the scenes that Pledis basically gave up on them.

Honestly, for some idols it is just business. Not for all, I am sure there is true friendship there (all my faves :pepelove2: ) but people should be more objective when it comes to things like this.

• ofc

Their relationship has a business nature no matter how close they are as friends.

Cant speak about BI, but highlight was just out of cube and trying to make it on their own when

Junhyung's scandal happened. If they didnt cut him loose, they all would have sank together.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Cant speak about BI, but highlight was just out of cube and trying to make it on their own when

Junhyung's scandal happened. If they didnt cut him loose, they all would have sank together.

Nah lmfao I am a long time Beast/Highlight stan, it was way after that. They promoted at least 2 years together before the scandal happened and they were already in their enlistment period, they couldn't promote as full group. So they could've at least waited to see how it goes but nah, they immediately cut him off.

Edit: I was* a stan, unstanned after that.

• Nah lmfao I am a long time Beast/Highlight stan, it was way after that. They promoted at least 2 years together before the scandal happened and they were already in their enlistment period, they couldn't promote as full group. So they could've at least waited to see how it goes but nah, they immediately cut him off.

Edit: I was* a stan, unstanned after that.

did u unstan bc of the scandal or bc they cut him?

also it doesn sounds like he choose to leave

https://www.so-

ompi.com/article/1310237wpp/breaking-yong-junhyung-to-leave-highlight-following-recent-controversies

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Also the question I would ask is if its wrong to have that business relationship?

kpop idols live and work together 247, some boundaries are healthy

• I know so many groups where at least 1 member showed how he didn't gave an F about the whole dynamics as a group and what they would feel together, even without having a member leave

One example I know is how back in 2018 Jin Longguo didn't resigned with JBJ cause he had enough of them and cause of him not resigning the contract the whole group had to disband sadly :(

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Any grown up would understand that good relationship with colleagues is more important than having friends.

If I have to work for hours every day with people I can't stand... just kill me instead :pepe-high-five:

For me personally, I am very close with my coworkers. But being close doesnt mean they shouldnt be granted the professional respect in every way.

• Wrong. He's only guilty of being sent the videos. He never messaged back or anything. Basically he's as guilty as "golden phone" Zico

He is guilty but even less than Zico

He was sent one vid. He is wrong for not reporting them right away.

Meanwhile Zico by admission looked through golden phone for hours.

at the end neither of them were prosecuted but imo highlight members have to obligation to continue working with him.

Edited once, last by Lulu_Key ().

• This is from JH's own insta:

"I am very sorry to have not been able to repay the overwhelming love and as I betrayed the trust of the members and fans who have trusted me due to this issue. I realize the severity of this matter, and I do not want any further harm to be done to my fans and members who must have been disappointed because of me, so I will leave the group Highlight as of March 14, 2019. I will live while reflecting on myself again and again. I once again apologize sincerely.”

But of course you know him better than himself. So he definitely was kicked out.

• This is from JH's own insta:

"I am very sorry to have not been able to repay the overwhelming love and as I betrayed the trust of the members and fans who have trusted me due to this issue. I realize the severity of this matter, and I do not want any further harm to be done to my fans and members who must have been disappointed because of me, so I will leave the group Highlight as of March 14, 2019. I will live while reflecting on myself again and again. I once again apologize sincerely.”

But of course you know him better than himself. So he definitely was kicked out.

Yeah, imagine going: "Hello, I was kicked out"

• Yeah, imagine going: "Hello, I was kicked out"

so what Jessica did

:pepe-tea:

• What has he done to make you believe that he didn't leave of his own free will despite him saying so?

Because he didn't leave the industry and continues to be a singer?? I mean if it was really all about him feeling guilty and leaving he should've actually retired, no?

• Because he didn't leave the industry and continues to be a singer?? I mean if it was really all about him feeling guilty and leaving he should've actually retired, no?

Ok, fair, but he didn't say he lost his love of his profession, just that he didn't want to bring the other members with him. Going solo means his actions will only affect him no?

• Ok, fair, but he didn't say he lost his love of his profession, just that he didn't want to bring the other members with him. Going solo means his actions will only affect him no?

But that's exactly my point. It is not a friend like behavior. That's a colleague like behavior. A "friend" wouldn't feel pressured to leave and "friends" wouldn't allow him to leave. It definitely sounds like getting kicked out by colleagues for me. And tbh it is not a topic I'd wanna argue, it is up for everyone's personal interpritation and this is mine. Everyone else is free to have their own conclusion.

• But that's exactly my point. It is not a friend like behavior. That's a colleague like behavior. A "friend" wouldn't feel pressured to leave and "friends" wouldn't allow him to leave. It definitely sounds like getting kicked out by colleagues for me. And tbh it is not a topic I'd wanna argue, it is up for everyone's personal interpritation and this is mine. Everyone else is free to have their own conclusion.

Well you know I disagree to an extent. I don't see how the fact that he didn't want to bring them down and they didn't make him stay = kicked out. Saying that it is an example that could show that groups are not the inseparable till-death-do-us-part best friends that some stans seem to think they are (and they lead them to believe), ok I accept, but it's a stretch to say this means he was kicked out.

• Yeah, imagine going: "Hello, I was kicked out"

I know groups were people openly said they got kicked out of their own groups

Not KPop but when Brave Entertainment had a Japanese girlgroup, their Japanese partner-company just kicked a girl out in 2019 and in 2020 they disbanded. Thr girl who was kicked out wrote openly on her Twitter back than that she went to work and was told to never return, so she wrote a letter in wich she was sad and said the company kicked her out without that she even knew what had happend.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• But that's exactly my point. It is not a friend like behavior. That's a colleague like behavior. A "friend" wouldn't feel pressured to leave and "friends" wouldn't allow him to leave. It definitely sounds like getting kicked out by colleagues for me. And tbh it is not a topic I'd wanna argue, it is up for everyone's personal interpritation and this is mine. Everyone else is free to have their own conclusion.

Well if your friends found out you did something bad and they don't agree with that, then I can see how even friends could draw a boundary and say we're not gonna stand with that and ultimately decide to kick you out (For example, not sure if Seungri left BB or they kicked him out but they would be fully in the right to kick him out and cut ties imo). Whether they were actually friends or just colleagues though not sure.. They truly did seem close to me though because of their rough beginnings, the whole Hyunseung thing (which was a whole mess and when a member leaves a group on bad terms I would imagine the rest become closer and try to stay together like with SNSD), and then leaving Cube and creating their own brand and new name and everything, but who knows.

• Ikon has not even came back yet after leaving YG. I don't think their first activity outside is to reunite with BI. I don't think BI will be part of Ikon again. He is having his freedom with his music since leaving the group and has been doing great on his own.

Bobby had shown support for BI several times in the past so I do believe they are friends. They might collab in the future, they may not.

I don't see BI coming back as Ikon member again or collabing on a music where both BI x current members sing. He might produce for them and that's the closest he could be with the whole group again. BI x Bobby could happen.

• Ikon has not even came back yet after leaving YG. I don't think their first activity outside is to reunite with BI. I don't think BI will be part of Ikon again. He is having his freedom with his music since leaving the group and has been doing great on his own.

Bobby had shown support for BI several times in the past so I do believe they are friends. They might collab in the future, they may not.

I don't see BI coming back as Ikon member again or collabing on a music where both BI x current members sing. He might produce for them and that's the closest he could be with the whole group again. BI x Bobby could happen.

I'd agree. They've all shown support of B.I in different ways since he left. Mostly on their personal IGs. B.I has also voiced support of them.

B.I was the head of his own label until recently. He's got his own thing going and so does iKON.

I think they all disagreed with YG's decision to terminate B.I's contract, in particular June. June unfollowed Yang Hynsuk on IG shortly after.

But much like Bom with 2NE1, YG went out of his way to protect B.I, but the Korean public was out for blood.

I think a lot of people forget YG wrote a lengthy public post to defend Bom after her incident, but again, Koreans were too interested in making her a villain.

And obviously YG got in trouble and a long legal battle, which he won, in going to great lengths to protect B.I

So, much like 2NE1 with Bom, iKON could not go forward with B.I

Personally, I think if someone is seeking out substances, illegal or not, to deal with depression and anxiety...you help them, you don't push them away.

Unfortunately, Korean society doesn't have compassion for people who actually need help and they still have a long way to go as a society in understanding mental health as it's still taboo there...this greatly hurt Bom and B.I and lead directly to the suicides of a few Korean celebrities, we know who they are.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• As a beast/highlight fan since debut, I personally don’t think Junhyung and the remaining Highlight members have any bad blood between them, to be very honest I believe they’re still friends. Junhyung still has a matching microphone with the members.

Considering what was going on at the time I don’t think there was anyway to leave him in the group. If I remember correctly, they also had the university and degrees getting cancelled drama just prior.

He’s doing fine (worse than his solos in the past) he still gets hate comments though and I don’t believe the group would be doing as well as they are if he remained.

They’ve shown time and time again that they’ve always been more than colleagues. They had no reason to start Around Us and rebrand as Highlight. They all would have been fine on their own.

• If fans didn't learn from the Jessica Jung incident, nothing will ever show them the truth about group members relationships, business and individual interests.

External Content youtu.be

• Originally they are ten members right. It's apparent that this 4 is friendly toward rs each other but not other members.

You're wrong. All the members are close and follow each other on IG, frequently commenting too. Like everyone knows that Pristin disbanded because of Pledis' shitty management why are you and OP trying to rewrite history here lmfao

External Content twitter.com

• Except Jieqiong

BLACKPINKJESSICALE SSERAFIMNEWJEANSTHE ROSESEJEONGTWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv 9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv 9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• An even more better example would be VIXXxHongbin when the latter himself said on live streamed that he was told to leave by a member (Leo).

Very different situation, Hongbin fucked up and deserved to get kicked out

Also, IKON have made it very clear that they still love B.I.

We also know that Pristin had very shitty relationship behind the scenes that Pledis basically gave up on them.

Do you actually look into the situations you speak about or do you just read a headline and run with it?

• All Pristin members follow her except Minkyeong. It's been 4 years let it go, Jieqiong wasn't the reason Pristin disbanded and the girls were/are close

When she was following people, she only followed the IOI members, not pristin.

And then there's the thing of Eunwoo literally begging her talk to her in her own IG comments...

259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv 9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv 9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Very different situation, Hongbin fucked up and deserved to get kicked out

Unless I'm remembering wrong, Hongbin really didn't do anything kick out worthy, he just gave his opinions on a Livestream. If that's kick out worthy, Ravi should be out too for the whole Red Velvet thing

• When she was following people, she only followed the IOI members, not pristin.

And then there's the thing of Eunwoo literally begging her talk to her in her own IG comments...

She was only following back verified accounts, Instagram isn't even her main socmed btw, it's banned in China. She's following no one now.

About Eunwoo, she was asking Jieqiong to follow her back, and Jieqiong didn't because like I said, she only followed verified accounts.

If there was any bad blood between her and the Pristin girls, I doubt Eunwoo would be in her comment section. Xiyeon still likes every post of hers.

• Very different situation, Hongbin fucked up and deserved to get kicked out

Also, IKON have made it very clear that they still love B.I.

Do you actually look into the situations you speak about or do you just read a headline and run with it?

Nah, you only further prove my point by being that delusional fan lmfao

Hongbin has literally done the least of offenses, all he did was shit on a bad song. But apparently he deserved it more than a druggie.

But what makes you delusional out of all, is that you deny the common knowledge about Pristin.

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!