NewJeans won't have the longevity of Twice

• Because they rely too much on a "youth culture" gimmick. We haven't seen a group rely so heavy on this since GFriend and we all know how that turned out.

So far NJ is trying too hard to show everyone how young and fresh and care free they are while not realizing that they won't be any of those things in a few years. Again looking at GFriend shows they began to decline when they tried girl crush.

One could argue the difference between these two groups was GFriend was targeted towards males while NJ is targeted towards females and males dropped GFriend because they "grew up" and NJ audience wont do that.

But Twice has survived for so long cause they have mastered every concept. Same as SNSD did. And with NJ coming out the gate so hard with "this is us! its y2k baby" What's gonna happen 3 years from now when that is played out?

I guarantee Attention and Hype Boy will end up being a blessing and a curse for NJ cause they will spend their entire career chasing their own debut. Everyone here knows no matter what kind of success they have in future they will always be known as the Hype Boy group. Twice is not known as the Cheer Up group anymore.

Just something to think about before Baby Monster does to them what they did to IVE.

• we need ive comeback in february..after like had 14 wins in august...same time nj debut..j

I am not scared by them

Ive is one group can success if they have kids support in korea

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They are doing rightful age concept except that cookie thing. They represent their music to their gen who will grow with them and with their music. I trust hybe to grow their music over the years and newjeans also growing in international market

Even five years down the line, their success in Korea became less, they will have international touring power and deals to sail through. And hybe is focused on solo deals too. So I see each member standing out in future. They will be fine. I can see some even becoming actresses.

• I was just thinking about this. NewJeans entire concept and appeal right now is pretty "young fresh girls who appeal to young people with y2k twist". When the moment inevitably comes when they hit grow up, mature and have to switch to a more mature concept, what's going to happen then? We've seen this film before with Gfriend and even TWICE (domestically).

No one is gonna take you seriously cause you're a troll but there's kind of an interesting point to be made here. I think the likes of IVE will have a much easier time making that transition.

• they're artsy/quirky enough that they can grow that concept. We'll see how that works and girl groups are easily replaced as the trend these days but they're literally killing it right now lol plus their sound is very modern yet nostalgic.

also their audience is way more female-dominated than Gfriend or early Twice, they won't have the problem of uncle fans moving on to the next pretty girl group.

• I was just thinking about this. NewJeans entire concept and appeal right now is pretty "young girls who appeal to young people with y2k twist". When the moment inevitably comes when they hit grow up, mature and have to switch to a more mature concept, what's going to happen then? We've seen this film before with Gfriend and even TWICE (domestically).

No one is gonna take you seriously cause you're a troll but there's kind of an interesting point to be made here. I think the likes of IVE will have a much easier time making that transition.

I get my reputation but I'm trying to change that by discussing real non troll topics like this one which you seem to agree with.

Like for example seeing this group performing Hype Boy 7 years from now will look cringe. But Cookie will be perfectly appropriate.

• I was just thinking about this. NewJeans entire concept and appeal right now is pretty "young girls who appeal to young people with y2k twist". When the moment inevitably comes when they hit grow up, mature and have to switch to a more mature concept, what's going to happen then? We've seen this film before with Gfriend and even TWICE (domestically).

the thing ive is popular with kids in korea even their concept isn't never based for them or target them

I think ive is group where many audience can like them

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My satisfaction is electro pop rock bside but ive did well

External Content youtu.be

I think min heejin will make them disband.. if they get older...wish other concept...we know the longevity of gg is short..

• Wasn't that twice issue too? They couldn't do the color pop concept as they got older

In general 4th gen don't see to have the most longevity so far BUT relying on youth seem like a double edged sword bc we all get old

• They are not the Hype boy group anymore considering the success of Ditto. I can see their concept evolving well, in 4-5 years; they can be students who go to university. It's not that complex.

Let's not kid ourselves. When people think of NJ they still think of Hype Boy. Not Ditto. And that's never gonna change cause Ditto will be forgotten the second NJ makes a comeback with a new song.

Hype Boy is forever the song they will be associated with.

• I love your enthusiasm about IVE. IVE is also my current favorite girl group but this thread is about NJ being able to survive once they no longer have youth on their side.

I do agree though that IVE is in a much better spot to have strong longevity.

• I love your enthusiasm about IVE. IVE is also my current favorite girl group but this thread is about NJ being able to survive once they no longer have youth on their side.

I do agree though that IVE is in a much better spot to have strong longevity.

yes i know this is nj thread but you had write first ive name..on your thread..

Nj didn't beat ive's fanbase in korea with kids..

Nj have grown woman stans and ive have parents and kids stans..in korea

Ive is more fresh than nj for koreans kids ...i guess new jeans is popular with westerns kids lol..

I remember ive was top 3 in 30-40 yo with bts and bp for the popularity in korea.

• yes i know this is nj thread but you had write first ive name..on your thread..

Nj didn't beat ive's fanbase in korea with kids..

Nj have grown woman stans and ive have parents and kids stans..in korea

Ive is more fresh than nj for koreans kids ...i guess new jeans is popular with westerns kids lol..

I remember ive was top 3 in 30-40 yo with bts and bp for the popularity in korea.

When you say kids though you are actually talking about kids. Not teenagers.

It makes perfect since that kids are more into IVE cause they see them as larger than life while older teens are more into NJ cause they find them more relatable.

• When you say kids though you are actually talking about kids. Not teenagers.

It makes perfect since that kids are more into IVE cause they see them as larger than life while older teens are more into NJ cause they find them more relatable.

nj isn't relatable..they look like like controlled kids by min heejin..with toxic contracts( they act so innocent for me...the bunnies exagere the thing they re free teenagers but when you know min heejin is their ceo..you can't thought they re definitly lost teenagers)

Only their songs re well no the members none nj members stand out..

• I'VE fan shading nj here should focus on her group's non singing talent when they lipsynch while sitting and can't move a muscle when they are faking high notes🤣🤣🤣

Nj success is causing tension to kakao's group fans

• Let's not forget though that MHJ is obsessed with youth. She's going to want to stray from this for a long time.

OMG's MV reminds me more of Red Velvet's quirky aesthetics, not youth and it was interesting so she can do different concepts as well. But I'm not too concerned about their concepts, because I like their music more. Their music is their main selling point, not concepts. Their audio streams always outdo their MV views, it must mean something right?

• It’s not the youth based concept but the fact they are so closely associated with y2k. Seriously I never seen a group so closely tied to a fashion/aesthetic trend like this.

At leas they have good creative team. Plus their songs sound more mature.

y2k and youth kinda go hand in hand at this point but yeah. What's gonna happen when that whole thing is no longer in fashion. Only time will tell at this point I guess

• nj isn't relatable..they look like like controlled kids by min heejin..with toxic contracts( they act so innocent for me...the bunnies exagere the thing they re free teenagers but when you know min heejin is their ceo..you can't thought they re definitly lost teenagers)

Only their songs re well no the members none nj members stand out..

They can relate more to NJ especially compared to Wonyoung. No one in Korea can relate to a star as big as Wonyoung.

• I'VE fan shading nj here should focus on her group's non singing talent when they lipsynch while sitting and can't move a muscle when they are faking high notes🤣🤣🤣

Saying stuff like this and then becoming a keyboard warrior whenever someone says something about NJ that isn't endless praise who's the hypocrite now.

Focus about no longevity and min heejin ceo..i can't understand hybe stan..love act like they know everything about ive.

leeseo get covid 2 days ago after this stage and wonyoung said she have bad conditions...on her pm..before gda..mean she was sick in this stage

Ive is overworked as hell,they had 3 schedules same day

They sing in live here

Go watch troll

• Saying stuff like this and then becoming a keyboard warrior whenever someone says something about NJ that isn't endless praise who's the hypocrite now.

You are because I said openly if you bash my fave, don't expect kind words from me. You selectively ignoring the shade by your fandom in this very thread. You guys start and then get same reply. One I've comment is making pathetic comments. People making horrible comments here and then trying to come at me. You are really a hippo of highest order. I atleast make comments on singing skills. Here people comments are crossing lines. But such a kind person you are. That suffers from selective blindness. Please eat grass. And edit comments after I quote you.

• Lol. For people "worrying" the concept change, there's this group called BTS who managed to go school to youth to adult concepts while maintaining decent popularity. They just happen to be NJ's labelmates.

And for people "worrying" about Korea jumping to new groups, who said that korea will keep them in top? They're going viral in Japan and cracking the USA hot 100. Once that happens, the Korean success stans will definitely keep their eyes on their next CB. Trust me, i saw it happen in front of my own eyes back in 2018.

• Focus about no longevity and min heejin ceo..i can't understand hybe stan..love act like they know everything

leeseo get covid 2 days ago after this stage and wonyoung said she have bad conditions...on her pm..before gda..mean she was sick in this stage

Ive is overworked as hell,they had 3 schedules same day

They sing in live here

Nothing special.

Their choreographies are also lame. Starrship is known to sexualiZe female groups. Oh where was your outrage?

I also don't understand I've fans. Always bitter about newjeans and praying desperately for their downfall. The dream they want to happen. Which is never gonna happen.

You are making pathetic comments on girls. Atleast i keep it to your fave non skills. Or lack of any talent

And how you assume they won't have no longevity? You have crystal ball? They keep making good music and they will have it. Their audio streams are more than video for reason. Their music speaks for themselves.

Internationally they are already setting records. They will be fine. They already have more hits than I've too🤣

I don't care about excuses about your fave non talent. Most top groups are over worked. Won't change the sitting lip synch and faking that high note. 🤣🤣

• BTS also had a high school during their initial days, who then evolved to a more mature and youthful concept with HYYH and LY. NewJeans can also go a similar route.

Boy groups can successfully evolve but it rarely happens with girl groups. Only NGGs like SNSD and Twice were able to do it successfully.

OMG's MV reminds me more of Red Velvet's quirky aesthetics, not youth and it was interesting so she can do different concepts as well. But I'm not too concerned about their concepts, because I like their music more. Their music is their main selling point, not concepts. Their audio streams always outdo their MV views, it must mean something right?

So far NJ music has been slightly less superior than the previous. Asking a company to continue to surpass each comeback in quality and impact is statistically impossible.

• You sound exactly like a BLINK arguing with a ONCE in 2017.

• Typical....weirdo..

Why my fav is songwriter at 15 yo..and know played violion piano flute ..ive re songwriters tho for rap parts

International fans love (nj) them..only think their younthful song re well

• it's not even about concept for girl groups anymore although I agree about certain concepts won't last for too long but it's more about fans moving on to the next gg it has been happening since 2020

I don't believe in this
    it just timing/coincidence? that each new GG had an instant hit every gen public like it

not including we are on social media era + company mediaplay
    that why it look like the fans moving too fast now?

I think most fans now are multi stans they didn't admit it

not including the 3rd Gen only dominated by TWICE , BP ,IZ ONE and Momoland on 2019?
    Momoland no one talking about them as the next top GG because they are from small company
    while IZ ONE is temporary GG

compared to AESPA and IVE in 2021 and 2022
    now w Newjeans good start in 2023 but their dominance not yet set in stone ?
    w upcoming GG Baby Monster debut and other rival comeback

• You sound exactly like a BLINK arguing with a ONCE in 2017.

So yeah nj winning the battle in long run with 200 million usd future tour. Whereas newjeans sitting pretty in top 30 spotify us, worlds biggest market without any airplay, topping Japan worlds second biggest market, reaching chart of worlds top five music market UK and reaching top ten in global 200. So glad they are going to win global battle. Some non singers can keep local market🤣

• Boy groups can successfully evolve but it rarely happens with girl groups. Only NGGs like SNSD and Twice were able to do it successfully.

They are from the same label. So I felt like it was a better example. Also how long was Twice's longevity? They are still in their 7th year. By then NewJeans will just be young adults. They can still carry on with their youthful concept then.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

27dbe724372b809813a823b7367393edb58cad57.gifv

• Yeah idk why people bringing up BTS when it's much easier for BGs to transition to multiple concepts and still get the attention of fans & casuals, than it is for girl groups. They're also an anomaly 😭 Historically, only SNSD really managed to do really well domestically after transitioning, and maybe Apink to a lesser extent.

Not saying it can't happen for NewJeans but it's going to be pretty difficult with their entire image being centered around youthfulness if recent examples are any indication

• So yeah nj winning the battle in long run with 200 million usd future tour. Whereas newjeans sitting pretty in top 30 spotify us, worlds biggest market without any airplay, topping Japan worlds second biggest market, reaching chart of worlds top five music market UK and reaching top ten in global 200. So glad they are going to win global battle. Some non singers can keep local market🤣

This is all great stuff but again this is right now. The thread was more about speculating if NJ can or can not keep this up like a Twice level group.

I know it's too early to tell but like someone mentioned earlier in the thread no group before has relied so heavy on a specific sound and concept. IVE so far have comeback with something completely different than the previous and had great success. NJ has pretty much stuck with the same sound and formula up to this point. Its definitely working. But fir how long?

• Typical....weirdo..

Why my fav is songwriter at 15 yo..and know played violion piano flute ..ive re songwriters tho for rap parts

International fans love them..only thin

Yup I've fans are weirdo and terrible for stanning untalented wonyoung and friends. 😆😂

Njs member have song writing credits too. Don't worry they are already having more input . And internationally their song is doing better than anything I've have done. 🤣 and they are focused on groups. Not one and friends.

• So far NJ music has been slightly less superior than the previous. Asking a company to continue to surpass each comeback in quality and impact is statistically impossible.

This is subjective. Because Ditto has been better received than their previous hits. Some even consider it to be their best song. imo: Attention>OMG>Ditto>HB>Cookie, so i don't think your take is correct for everyone.

Not saying their songs will always hav the same success, it's really just upto personal taste. but I have good faith in their music producers. They seem to be smart the read the trends well, they make easy-listening music that appeal to the mass so as long as they keep doing what they do, they're fine.

• This is all great stuff but again this is right now. The thread was more about speculating if NJ can or can not keep this up like a Twice level group.

I know it's too early to tell but like someone mentioned earlier in the thread no group before has relied so heavy on a specific sound and concept. IVE so far have comeback with something completely different than the previous and had great success. NJ has pretty much stuck with the same sound and formula up to this point. Its definitely working. But fir how long?

From which angle hypeboy and ditto sounds same to you?

They have no comparison imo.

• This thread contains 115 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!