NewJeans getting way more playlisting than other groups, is it unfair?

• Their playlist reach is many times more than others and they always get added to big playlists like TTH which only adds BTS/BP. Is this inorganic?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They get put on playlists because their song pulls high initial streams

If it’s not payola these things are all about the rich getting richer or in this regard the popular getting more popular.

The song is initially popular, it then gets put on the most popular playlists and does even more. Some popular acts even get put on TTH on release. You think any of the most popular Spotify acts would have the numbers gap they do without playlisting?

• They get put on playlists because their song pulls high initial streams

If it’s not payola these things are all about the rich getting richer or in this regard the popular getting more popular.

The song is initially popular, it then gets put on the most popular playlists and does even more. Some popular acts even get put on TTH on release. You think any of the most popular Spotify acts would have the numbers gap they do without playlisting?

omg isnt pulling "Inital" strems to be added to new music friday be fr

if it was ditto u could say that but omg isnt doing that

• omg isnt pulling "Inital" strems to be added to new music friday be fr

It was already top 30 on global by then so still a lot

I’m not denying that payola is definitely the base of playlisting hence why some artist get put on TTH on release.

• omg isnt pulling "Inital" strems to be added to new music friday be fr

??? all big kpop groups had songs added to new music friday

maybe you are talking about tth?

Ditto was added to tth

• It was already top 30 on global by then so still a lot

I’m not denying that payola is definitely the base of playlisting hence why some artist get put on TTH on release.

hybe already put attentin in tth when it wasnt even in top100 of spotify global and the streams are ever lower now that is january

like people isnt stupid ;judgingpepe:

• op posted misleading twt +500 playlists it includes the playlists made users, not only Spotify playlists

Lmao comparing Playlist Reach Newjeans had comeback week ago and others had it few months ago

I smell insecurity

• I understand that strategy
    you mean BTS right?
    they try not to be independent to one artist /talent
    it they make Newjeans bigger than what it is and equaling close to BTS or even surpass it?
    it is better for HYBE that means HYBE should be bigger >BTS as a brand

Kinda hard to do when Ador only exists because of BTS money creating Hybe. :pepe-use-head:

Everything else you said leading up to the bolded was nonsense. BTS is an anomaly and BigHit can't replicate that no matter how hard they try to find the formula. That doesn't mean groups can't be super successful and coexist with BTS.

• Kinda hard to do when Ador only exists because of BTS money creating Hybe. :pepe-use-head:

Everything else you said leading up to the bolded was nonsense. BTS is an anomaly and BigHit can't replicate that no matter how hard they try to find the formula. That doesn't mean groups can't be super successful and coexist with BTS.

I don't say Newjeans will never be successful if they not comes close cash making machine of BTS
    what I mean is HYBE needed a another successful artist on their roster needed to top IVE or BP
    especially this artist is in a tougher field of competition ( Girl Group ) :/

my info I read on this forum that BTS > HYBE as a brand

• I don't say Newjeans will never be successful if they not comes close cash making machine of BTS
    what I mean is HYBE needed a another successful artist on their roster needed to top IVE or BP
    especially this artist is in a tougher field of competition ( Girl Group ) :/

Which none of that has happened with NewJeans yet. Hybe took a hit from them last year in profits as they're only 6 months old. That's the thing with kpop stans and their success stanning. They never let the hype settle before making any claims about anything.

• hybe pulling all the stops for their new groups and not their breadwinner, smh

didn't they announce their hiatus though? do if I remember correctly, they were planning solos? can someone confirm this? they haven't really been releasing much individually aside from RM's recent release, so I am a bit confused on where the investment is supposed to be going if not Newjeans? I feel like I am missing a large piece of information soobin_awkward.gif

• But yes Ador did better playlisting for Newjeans, other Hybe labels not really

Idk why everyone cry about hybe bcs other hybe groups had bad playlisting

U think Ador is the one hitting up Spotify for the playlisting? What pull/influence do they have to get such a thing? it's hybe's status that is allowing this to happen, especially if they don't have a US label yet. As for other groups having bad playlisting, hybe can't pitch for playlisting each and every cb for their ever-growing roster. Some will have it better than others. Imo, the only one they should be pushing is BTS.. you know the ones who made the company and the only ones that have actual mainstream demand.....

• Which none of that has happened with NewJeans yet. Hybe took a hit from them last year in profits as they're only 6 months old. That's the thing with kpop stans and their success stanning. They never let the hype settle before making any claims about anything.

that like I said HYBE full support for Newjeans to market them or to make them bigger and that not bad strategy afterall

also
    I forget BTS fans are so defensive :facepalm:

• Seems like they're choosing Spotify payola over Youtube ads. I don't really see a problem with that. Lot of groups on that list are buying 30/40/50+ mill Youtube ad views.

• also
    I forget BTS fans are so defensive :facepalm:

So me correcting you and stating facts you can look up yourself is being defensive. I am convinced kpop stans are allergic to facts. :boompepe: We've literally just gone through 3 gg cycles of "leading 4th gen" with Itzy, Aespa, and then Ive. Currently we're on our 4th cycle with NewJeans "leading 4th gen" and me saying why can't kpop stans just let the hype settle is me also being defensive. :pepe-joy:

• U think Ador is the one hitting up Spotify for the playlisting? What pull/influence do they have to get such a thing? it's hybe's status that is allowing this to happen, especially if they don't have a US label yet. As for other groups having bad playlisting, hybe can't pitch for playlisting each and every cb for their ever-growing roster. Some will have it better than others. Imo, the only one they should be pushing is BTS.. you know the ones who made the company and the only ones that have actual mainstream demand.....

All hybe groups are under Geffen except txt

I agree BTS has shitty playlisting

But i dont think Newjeans playlisting it's Hybe merit, bcs they never give their groups good playlisting.

You and I can agree to disagree on this one

• it was already known that Hybe is going aggressively for them on spotify since attention, too aggressively i must say, people don't talk a lot because hybe company stans are ready for the war and they are the new shiny things, we will see if is worthy to go this aggressively or if they should try to build it more naturally

• didn't they announce their hiatus though? do if I remember correctly, they were planning solos? can someone confirm this? they haven't really been releasing much individually aside from RM's recent release, so I am a bit confused on where the investment is supposed to be going if not Newjeans? I feel like I am missing a large piece of information soobin_awkward.gif

We have had releases every month from each member in 2022. None have had hybe's support in terms of industry push. Charlie Puth's team, Coldplay, and Fifa have done 10x more this year than BTS's own label. And even before chapter 2, hybe hasn't been doing what they should regarding cbs since 2019. Their determination to depend less on BTS has led them to neglect their own group.

• All hybe groups at hybe are under Geffen except txt

I agree BTS has shitty playlisting

But i dont think Newjeans playlisting it's Hybe merit, bcs they never give their groups good playlisting

Then why is LSRF not on TTH with Antifragile or ANY of their songs?

• Where is the payola? Didn't Hype boy gained same amount of streams as attention and till today its the way more stable songs compared to attention? Without any Playlist at the start like attention?

That is normal promo, which is much better than the Yt views adds which is literally a unfair boost for groups in music show wins.

• Anyway, it's hard to analyze spotify streams like youtube filter promo views for their charts. We have to take it as it is. What it is telling us is that New Jeans is much more popular than every group right now except BTS and Blackpink and can chart on hot100 in 5 months with just spotify streams.

• U think Ador is the one hitting up Spotify for the playlisting? What pull/influence do they have to get such a thing? it's hybe's status that is allowing this to happen, especially if they don't have a US label yet. As for other groups having bad playlisting, hybe can't pitch for playlisting each and every cb for their ever-growing roster. Some will have it better than others. Imo, the only one they should be pushing is BTS.. you know the ones who made the company and the only ones that have actual mainstream demand.....

but since bts DOES have a u.s label, aren't they the ones that do bts' u.s promo strategies? which im assuming includes spotify playlisting and radio push ect? i was always confused at what bh is responsible for vs what a u.s agency is responsible for in terms of a bts comeback. but anyway i also think there was kind of an understanding from bts' team that their fully korean songs will probably never do what butter and dynamite did regardless of playlisting bc they lack the radio support.

i honestly don't know what the obstacles stopping more major bts playlisting are, whether from hybes side or from outside, but i do believe newjeans was always meant to get a u.s push.

who's your favorite artist?

• idk ask Source music about lsf playllisting. Bcs i already sais all Hybe label sucks at playlisting except Ador

Exactly. It has nothing to do with Geffin and more to do with each individual label promoting tactics. BigHit with all that BTS has done for that ungrateful company would rather not lift a finger in even giving a simple shoutout on their twitter account than promote them after making them them the #1 label worth over $5 billion dollars.. They keep wanting to reduce the "BTS brand" because right now it's still BTS>>Hybe/BigHit. If Suga's upcoming album doesn't get this level of support this year than the rumors of them self sabotaging would be correct.

• but since bts DOES have a u.s label, aren't they the ones that do bts' u.s promo strategies? which im assuming includes spotify playlisting and radio push ect? i was always confused at what bh is responsible for vs what a u.s agency is responsible for in terms of a bts comeback. but anyway i also think there was kind of an understanding from bts' team that their fully korean songs will probably never do what butter and dynamite did regardless of playlisting bc they lack the radio support.

i honestly don't know what the obstacles stopping more major bts playlisting are, whether from hybes side or from outside, but i do believe newjeans was always meant to get a u.s push.

What are u on about? To this day BTS is one of the only kpop groups not fully signed with a US label. Columbia and now Geffern have always just been distributors for them.

• but since bts DOES have a u.s label, aren't they the ones that do bts' u.s promo strategies? which im assuming includes spotify playlisting and radio push ect? i was always confused at what bh is responsible for vs what a u.s agency is responsible for in terms of a bts comeback. but anyway i also think there was kind of an understanding from bts' team that their fully korean songs will probably never do what butter and dynamite did regardless of playlisting bc they lack the radio support.

A DISTRIBUTION deal ONLY. Where is your previous BTS expertise at? Has it left you now that you're a Hybe company stan?

• What are u on about? To this day BTS is one of the only kpop groups not fully signed with a US label. Columbia and now Geffern have always just been distributors for them.

...don't have to be an asshole. i didn't realize most distributors don't really get involved in promo (just did a little bit of google research). but i recall ron perry doing a huge radio promo bus thing for dynamite... like.

who's your favorite artist?

• ...don't have to be an asshole. i didn't realize most distributors don't really get involved in promo (just did a little bit of google research). but i recall ron perry doing a huge radio promo bus thing for dynamite... like.

He did promo for butter bc he was credited. And he only did promo for dyna once it was clear it was a hit. Perry is a success stan at the end of the day

• Honest opinion?

The unfair part is not them getting playlists.

The unfair part is fans or anyone comparing them with groups who don’t have that much reach to determine success in streams or ML or whatever based on Spotify

With YT, they are more transparent in providing data to observe ad views and stream views whereas with Spotify it’s difficult.

Anyway it’s all a game of which company invests better. BTS solo releases don’t get as much support or play listing from BH/Hybe compared to their group releases. Fans don’t seem to drill the company over this either since company stans always shut them down

Just want Hybe stans to acknowledge the bias treatment that is present in Hybe before they come into defend blindly.

638e00a6ef5a3336174dd7d7b4c14680.gif

Edited 2 times, last by BRIYANI ().

• This thread contains 132 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!