What went wrong with Chaeyeon?

• Danny should be main title with MV

it would attract people to see her dancing with male dancer

and having some rom-com MV would be a hit as well

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• She actually did pretty great for a female soloist debut in terms of sales, so it's not like she has no support. 40k sales puts her ahead of anything Chungha has done, and puts her within striking distance of Somi and Eunbi (50-60k sales). As long as she can maintain these sales, she will have a viable and long lasting career for as long as she wants.

I was honestly scared that Wizones would abandon her and that she would end up with 17k in sales or something like that.

• I wouldn't say it "went wrong", but it could have been bigger

I feel the long hiatus might have lost some hype.

And as much as I love Hush Rush, it isn't exactly the best song to capture her dancing skills which she is widely known for

Manifesting a banger dance song and that she will slay all the year end award shows with her dance moves, and have some year end dance collabs

:pepe-pray::pepe-pray:

• She walked out into the cold world of "small company soloist." Being from a small company is hard. Being a soloist is hard. Being both is like impossible.

• I think her debut song was far from what people wanted/expected (ai. people wanted a hard hitting dance number to show off her skills). Regarding her relevancy in SK, I think the whole Street Woman Fighter debacle kinda hit her image hard. Like before she would always be in talks regarding the current top dancers but it feels like ever since SWF happened that conversation completely ended.

Also I STILL think she shines much better in a group than as a soloist. RBW buying WM really screwed her over

• a lot of thing

she was never really popular among the GP so it's not like her solo debut was really anticipated

she waited to long to debut, in contrary of Eunbi who debut pretty quickly to surf on the post-izone hype, but when chaeyeon debut the hype was already dead

her debut song and concept felt very cheap and not really well excuted

and to be honest it's my personal opinion, but even if chaeyeon is a really good dancer and singer and great performer she just never was a soloist material in my eyes,

also as a soloist she lack of a clear distinct image as an artist

for example if i take the post-survival show soloist that we had ( somi, eunbi and chungha) they all had a clear image that they built during their years in their groups, their charisma on stage was of the roof and their personality was clearly showing thrrough their performance

before they all went in solo

we all knew that Chungha was soloist material and would end up doing a sexy concept, and that's what she did because she already knew the artist she was before going solo

we all knew Eunbi was the sexy, elegant type of performer and that's the road she took

Somi always had this youthful, playful side on stage and off stage so that's why the concept of heer music isn't a surprise to anybody who follow her

but chaeyeon (to me personally) never gave me the vibees like all of them did who make me thought " chaeyeon is soloist material and she would thrive in a ...... concept"

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Not even like she was the star of that show or even popular. All it did was take away her main dancer hype cause she got beat bad on there

She was better than 90 percent of those hacks omg, all they did was pose with "fierce" expressions and swagger around the stage. Chaeyeon was a literal dancer, so graceful. Just LOOK at this.

External Content twitter.com

one of the most popular members among non-fans during IZ*ONE

I mean you explained what went wrong right there

popularity among non fans means nothing

• - She always had a small fanbase if we compare with how much praise she got by non fans.

- She never stood out as a solo material imo like she is an amazing dancer, but she wasn't a Chung Ha with enough charisma.

- Her appearance in that dance show literally caused her MAIN DANCER image a negative impact like girl was dragged in her best position. She build up this main dancer image "concept" and went to a program where her weakness got highlighted way more than her strengths.

- her debut was "late", by the time she debuted I felt like the hype wasn't here anymore and the tt choice wasn't the best. People had an image about her and her company just gave her a completely different thing.

I don't think this is the end for her. She is talented for sure and has potential, but her company needs to realize her strength and use it like it was used in her Izone days.

• I didn’t really know her and seeing her in SWF didn’t make me interested in knowing more. All she seemed to do was not be very good again and again and cry.

I’d compare this to say, Great Dance Crew, which had four idol hosts on it who would sometimes be challenged by the contestants to freestyle or battle them. Santa and Ten, experienced hip hop dancers, were always very good. Fei was an okay dancer but she had this fierce attitude, swagger and charisma that ruffled the contestants. Cheng Xiao wasn’t a particularly good dancer (except in traditional styles where she was excellent) either but she was cute and engaging.

My point here is that she could have sucked but still been an engaging character but she wasn’t and never seemed to really work on her weaknesses during the show. (Come on we’ve seen enough reality show edits where people work on it to turn it around.)

What probably would have more effective is to turn after that show and kill it with some amazing choreography and show off that you can indeed dance you’re just not a good freestyler. Anyone who kinda knew about her forgot about her by the time the debut came out that was just ok. In contrast, all those dance crew girls were out doing stuff right away to elevate their profile.

Her voice is not memorable or distinctive so choreo could have really set her apart from other small label soloists.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!