KPOP will never mature with groups likes NewJeans

• Didn't all of those groups cmb but kara did badly, it mean the GP do not care for older idols

If thats the message they give companies will invest less and less in older ggs and just keep debuting younger and younger idols

yeah it’s a real observable phenomenon that very few idol groups with older members manage to be as successful as younger ones, that’s why kpop companies go to where the money’s at. It’s a matter of supply meeting demand. If peeps like op actually put their money where their mouth is and support these older groups, at least if they actually do care about more mature idols like they claim and it’s not just a bs excuse to shit on nj, we wouldn’t be seeing the extinction of older idols debuting in kpop now

tbf hyuna was 15 at debut, not 14, but that’s still really young, and sohee was also 15 at the time so wonder girls had 2 15 yo members as opposed to nj whose youngest are 14 and 16 - not exactly very different. f(x) is another group who had a 14 yo and 15 yo at debut, so this phenom is hardly a new thing in kpop. op really clowned themselves hard with the hypocrisy and fake outrage in this thread lol when in reality they dgas about mature idols, they just hate nj :pepe-clown-gear:

• To help kpop heal, from today forward I will only listen to my old men

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• So why aren’t you supporting actual mature groups like kara, or exid, or mamamoo, or apink? There are plenty of groups with 30yos or near-30 yos to satisfy your supposed need for “maturity” in kpop, so why aren’t you practicing what you preach instead of complaining that a 5 month group isn’t catering to your personal preference? Or is it just an excuse to shit on nj in particular and you don’t actually care about maturity at all, you just hate the competition doing better than your faves? :pepe-smug:

Btw the group is 14-18 in age range, that’s only 1-2 years younger than the average debut ages in kpop (itzy was 15-19 at debut mind you) but yall keep acting like nj are toddlers lol it’s just that their concept is acting like actual teenagers their age and y’all don’t know what it is anymore with how sexualised minor idols have been subjected to in kpop :pepe-use-head:

The scalping

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• I've listened to a couple of their songs, but I'm sorry I can't listen to a group who a bunch of teens when I could be their mother. They're just far too young for me.

• I genuinely hope you find an actual issue to worry about. Idols have been debuting around the same age even in 1st and 2nd gens of kpop. This isn’t a new thing. And if you really wanted to support older groups, there are plenty if you just opened your eyes. Stop harping on NewJeans and wasting your breath. Let people pursue their dreams while you sit on the couch drinking your sixth beer of the night (or if you’re not old enough to drink, a bag of potato chips)

• You know, I do wish somethings about k-pop would age. This silly notion that groups have expiration dates has always bothered me and I'm glad to see it slowly losing traction. I've loved seeing Apink go from It Girl to Mr. Chu to LUV to Dilemma. It's been a real treasure. But what I hope NEVER goes away is the young energy that new young groups bring. I love seeing new groups just as much as old groups. They give me hope that this world might actually be getting better and not worse.

Csr songs will be based on their age...

Since now they are in their teens, they will depict how it's like to have an first love at that age.

Later on they gonna change gradually and showa what does it feels like to have a first love at 20ish somethin <3

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!