KPOP will never mature with groups likes NewJeans

• You know, I do wish somethings about k-pop would age. This silly notion that groups have expiration dates has always bothered me and I'm glad to see it slowly losing traction. I've loved seeing Apink go from It Girl to Mr. Chu to LUV to Dilemma. It's been a real treasure. But what I hope NEVER goes away is the young energy that new young groups bring. I love seeing new groups just as much as old groups. They give me hope that this world might actually be getting better and not worse.

• So why aren’t you supporting actual mature groups like kara, or exid, or mamamoo, or apink? There are plenty of groups with 30yos or near-30 yos to satisfy your supposed need for “maturity” in kpop, so why aren’t you practicing what you preach instead of complaining that a 5 month group isn’t catering to your personal preference? Or is it just an excuse to shit on nj in particular and you don’t actually care about maturity at all, you just hate the competition doing better than your faves? :pepe-smug:

Btw the group is 14-18 in age range, that’s only 1-2 years younger than the average debut ages in kpop (itzy was 15-19 at debut mind you) but yall keep acting like nj are toddlers lol it’s just that their concept is acting like actual teenagers their age and y’all don’t know what it is anymore with how sexualised minor idols have been subjected to in kpop :pepe-use-head:

• So why aren’t you supporting actual mature groups like kara, or exid, or mamamoo, or apink? There are plenty of groups with 30yos or near-30 yos to satisfy your supposed need for “maturity” in kpop, so why aren’t you practicing what you preach instead of complaining that a 5 month group isn’t catering to your personal preference? Or is it just an excuse to shit on nj in particular and you don’t actually care about maturity at all, you just hate the competition doing better than your faves? :pepe-smug:

Btw the group is 14-18 in age range, that’s only 1-2 years younger than the average debut ages in kpop (itzy was 15-19 at debut mind you) but yall keep acting like nj are toddlers lol it’s just that their concept is acting like actual teenagers their age and y’all don’t know what it is anymore with how sexualised minor idols have been subjected to in kpop :pepe-use-head:

Didn't all of those groups cmb but kara did badly, it mean the GP do not care for older idols

If thats the message they give companies will invest less and less in older ggs and just keep debuting younger and younger idols

You must be a girl! I swear! This slay must be ours!!!

This part, you ate, punched op in the face, stepped on their hair and said "thank you, come again next time!" :violinist-pepe:

• Deep voices, you say?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• stan xeed

External Content m.youtube.com

Vav

Why not btob

Theres mature if you know where to look

• So why are you a fan of a group who are made of mostly 22-20 yos and their concept doesn't exactly scream "mature"? If you were the a fan from debut they were even younger :clown:

• unless kpop groups all of a sudden start singing about corruption in the government and how central banks rig the financial system to screw all of us over then it doesn't matter to me even if every kpop idol from now on sings with a baritone voice, kpop as a medium will never look mature as far as i'm concerned. good thing about it is that it doesn't have to be. it's just another form of escapism so all it has to do is to be fun and entertaining. it doesn't really need all that pretentious "oh look at me, i'm so mature. i have a deep voice but i still sing about the most shallow topics and have no real depth or provide any useful insight into the human condition" type of mindset

• OP likes deep voices, I get that

Here you go OP <3

• Well, "Me Too" crushed sexy concepts for a long time. Companies got word from their attorneys not to promote them - and most of the more mature concept groups they did have got dropped in 2018-2020.

At least K-Pop is finally getting over its faux tough girl rap phase and putting out some actual songs this year. And I'd say that includes NewJeans, though they are young. Quite a few young groups this year put out quality releases, it has been a nice change.

Youth isn't K-Pop's problem - putting out noise in an attempt to imitate Western music is.

• It’s a massacre out here you slayed with this one

i always slay wdym :twerkingpepe: :gossip-raccoon:

You must be a girl! I swear! This slay must be ours!!!

This part, you ate, punched op in the face, stepped on their hair and said "thank you, come again next time!" :violinist-pepe:

Lmaoo much obliged :violinist-pepe: and judging from op’s complete radio silence in this thread ig it’s safe to say they got schooled hard with their hypocrisy :violinist-pepe:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!