I want idols to only be coworkers

• Honestly its weird that theyre forced to lie all of the time about liking people. I want them to be humans, not a family in a storebought frame.

If they organically get along then thats wonderful, but it isnt like they chose to be together or have like a common company value to unite them.

Dont get me wrong i like my coworkers, but i certainly dont think of them as my family. I dont even think of my roommate as my family and I’ve lived with her for two years its just so weird and its the perfect breeding ground for speculation on behind the scenes fighting and favoritism

Edit: this is a thread wide edit for all of my posts. I dont think that being an idol is slave labor period, i do think that many idols live in slavelike conditions and work slavelike hours and are literally in debt but you can draw your own conclusion from that (not everyone is BTS, some people are The Arc or in TS Entertainment etc.) so i think it is a spectrum all together.

Next: i dont think idols should have to do fan service. I think it’s creepy, for one thing, because it literally teaches children to pander to attracted adults, and two it leads some attracted adults into thinking their attraction is okay. I also don’t think they should have such packed schedules, so i dont care if it makes it “easier” for their schedule because it isnt a healthy schedule.

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

Edited once, last by bangmenah ().

• I think if they treat each other as coworkers, the amount of conflicts in the groups will decrease.

You are alot less likely to offend a coworker personally than a friend.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• the kpop industry's whole allure lies in the illusion idols sell fans. whether its the fan-idol relationship illusion or the group member-group member relationship illusion. kpop relies on parasocial relationships and its how they are able to gain so many loyal fans that buy any and everything, that bulk buy, that spend crazy amounts of money on luxury birthday gifts for the idol ect. groups where the members don't pretend they are at least really friendly are the ones in danger of bad rumors. bc akgaes have no problem putting other members on blast in the name of their fav.

anyway, idols are aware of what is expected of them in this industry and they play it up. thats why fanservice is even a thing. sure some companies force it, but a lot of the idols do it because they can and know what they will gain from it.

the fandom will probably never change and so the industry wont either

who's your favorite artist?

• I think if they treat each other as coworkers, the amount of conflicts in the groups will decrease.

You are alot less likely to offend a coworker personally than a friend.

Trying to keep your distance may result in less drama, but it is also bound to get super awkward considering you have to live with these people and see them all the time. We need to remember that this is not a typical work environment, and so you can't expect them to have typical coworker relationships. Even the idols who don't consider each other friends are still not your typical coworkers. They're something most of us can't fully comprehend, because we don't share their unusual circumstances.

• If people would work like just coworkers together than some people in KPop would most likly run off way easier since it's not the average 9-5 job with a good salary and at least 1 day off of work each week. And some people would also give less in producing music if they help producing since they would only see it as "the one job I do for some hours a day that pays my rent and nothing else" . And some people would most likly also be easier to leave their groups than it allready is since they most likly will think of a job somewhere else that does better for them.

Companies where people often only go to work for the money are mostly place where people say (example) "I work as a sales assistent in a branch of a big company and yeah I think I like working here" sometimes people do not even tell you where exactly that would be and if the job was really as good as they say it would be. And people also don't talk as open as they want since its inapropriate to spill some company-secrets, cause you can't just go out there like "Yo I work in a very specific job that creats new ideas for the company and we just planed to release the next big thing" because in normal jobs you get in trouble when you for example would work at Apple and than tell everyone about the next iphone or whatever ...

And it also would feel way colder between the members if they really just had the "coworker" aditude to eachother, especially when it comes to singing and dancing on stage together.

Also imagine if they had just the coworker-aditude than let's say apearing on a event together would make them feel like when people in let's say a hospital would say to eachother "and next week all nurses and doctors meet for a christmas party and in May we meet for the 100th anniversary of the hospital and in July all staff of the hospital meets up for our big summer event... hm" and you would also see more annoyed faces of people who think "oh great... another event... it's just cause I am a singer... It's just cause I make money in this career... I can go home after this and pretend it never happend..."

If they also would only see it as "coworker" thing than many idols would most likly get sick of everything and especially since most groups live together they would in the worst case be like "Oh wow... I have to work with these 3 people and than live in the same house with them ... why the fuck do I have to see them 24/7 ?"

etc. etc.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• K-pop’s Stans are delusional and think their favs are a family because they say I love you !!! To a member.

The fact it’s considered a drag will never not be funny.

This!

And this!

I do agree that it is wrong to force them to lie about liking each other but with an idols work shedule and looking at how much time they do have to spend together not speaking about how personal you have to get to practise and make art, it's way better to encourage and help them of having good relationships with each other so they can have companionship and can present a unite front against all the hardships. Of course this means encouraging them in a healthy way and let them decide how close they want to get, which do not happen always. But they can't just go home and forget about their workplace at 6 o'clock, they can never get off really because off heavy shedules, fans and fame. They just can't have a work life and a personal life divided. Of course there should be but idol life gets into your every hour. It doesn't stop at any o'clock. Better to have companionship to bear that. And even if they don't, at least they should not hate going into work with their band mates.

* * * * * * •×• * * * * * *

• they should not hate going into work with their band mates.

I know some idols who eventually came out that they actually hated working with some people.

One guy comming to my mind disliked someone so badly that he decided to not renew his contract and that caused the group to disband, he also hated someone of another agency he was signed to so he made the group he was suposed to debut with wait and wait but than decided to become a soloist and not debut with that group so the group debuted way too late so he literally Fd with 2 groups cause of how he disliked some people.

• I know some idols who eventually came out that they actually hated working with some people.

One guy comming to my mind disliked someone so badly that he decided to not renew his contract and that caused the group to disband, he also hated someone of another agency he was signed to so he made the group he was suposed to debut with wait and wait but than decided to become a soloist and not debut with that group so the group debuted way too late so he literally Fd with 2 groups cause of how he disliked some people.

I was affraid so... I don't see things working out greatly with a kpop group hating each others guts. That guy sounds like an *ss. ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ

* * * * * * •×• * * * * * *

• i would like them to be able to find a balance that works for them without getting hate for it, whether that be friends who work together, coworkers who are friends or strictly coworkers.

• I was affraid so... I don't see things working out greatly with a kpop group hating each others guts. That guy sounds like an *ss. ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ

Yup he is one. He had a lot other shit going on, but luckly his career ended some years ago cause of all what he had done

• Eh. I’ve had jobs where the coworkers were close like a family to be worried about what’s going on with each other’s kids or rallying around when a loved one dies. I think there can be a tight-knit group of coworkers - more than the average coworker, but not quite a family - particularly if you’ve been through some shit.

Since these people live and work together for 10+ years, it doesn’t surprise me that the relationships are potentially deeper than “just coworkers.” The problem IMO is people trying to decipher their interactions and applying their own opinions about how “they don’t feel close”, while simultaneously going feral for interactions that support their ships. Blergh.

I also find it very strange when people say they couldn’t stan a group that wasn’t close.

:pepe-narrow-eyes:

Like I’m here for the music and the dance/performance. I could give a shit less about who’s sending each other Christmas cards. It’s a nice to have and sweet but it’s definitely not in my criteria of stanning a group.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Okay so i’m not going to lie that im typing this portion of my reply strictly after reading one paragraph so i’m going to say my reply to this and then read the rest and then type that reply separately but here is my thoughts on your first paragraph:

- Don’t you think that’s exploitive and should be illegal? I mean really? It’s so strange to me that we like the music and their personalities so much that we know they’re being exploited, but we’re all too selfish to let them go. Like the world is so willing to exploit others because its either already the norm, or, and this is a hard pill to swallow, because we prefer it that way. We prefer the cheap labor that makes it so we can have 80 shirts and 15 pants, a million groceries we’ll throw out, fantasy celebrities that are living one life when being filmed and a separate life behind the scenes. Like I really think that we have dulled the pain of slave labor and sexual exploitation and all of that just for momentary pleasure like almost worldwide and its really starting to kill me. ANYWAYS back to being a positive person.

- okay i read everything and honestly i used to think sort of like this but don’t you see how that’s like literally brainwashing? Like…. When you’re being abused the abuser will need you to stick around and so what they do is they feed you and your ego just enough to mitigate the damage that theyre doing to you so that you won’t feel taken advantage of. Its literally like training people to do what you want without compensating them and thats exploitation, its abuse. I think that if what idols are looking for is the ability to sustain themselves while performing and THATS what would make them happy, then THATS what they should do.

These under the table secrets that you keep for your company are only helping the CEO and that is why he has systems in place to have you removed if you step out of line, but that doesn’t mean that the system is right, in fact that system is created so that there is no accountability at the top and more and more accountability on the employee. Why is it my job to protect balenciaga if theyre going to be using child models for suggestive photos? I morally would be obligated to protect those children. Secrets arent only for financial gain, theyre for power.

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

• THE ONLY REASON THEY ALL LIVE TOGETHER IS SO THAT THE COMPANY DOESNT NEED TO PAY THEM A LIVING WAGE!!!!

They all live together because they are being forced to. Just like the slaves who built the city the World Cup is being held in, just like the slaves in Dubai, just like the slaves in America past and present, just like the children in diamond mines like……… whyyyyyyyy for live streams??? These companies want to keep the largest sum of profit to themselves and if these girls and boys were being paid a fair share for their… being the product… then they would be able to afford their own homes and would live on their own, but instead they HAVE to live together which means they HAVE to live by contractual obligations and do things in a certain fashion.

Its disgusting their live streams are human zoos

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

• You need to get out and touch grass if you are comparing a career field that people voluntarily go into and voluntarily choose to have their lifes on camera, much like your average reality star, and are paid a salary is in way comparable to actual slavery, esp. historical slavery in America.

That is such a nonsensical, disgusting, disrespectful and thoughtless comparison I can’t even process the thought behind it.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I already assume that a big amount are coworkers because is hard to believe that you can randomly become best friends with 5+ people which you had no business in the best case or was competing with in the worst case, is even worst that they are forced to live together where they can't escape each other

Yes, there is likely friendship in the groups too but there is likely coworkers too, the bigger the group, the harder is to believe everybody are best friends, if they treat each other with respect, i don't care if they are besties, regular friends or coworkers.

• Does it really matter? At the end of the day it's you the audience that believes or doesn't that they're friends or co workers and the members themselves have their own particular dynamics BTS. They could hate each other, only see each other as co workers or actually be good friends. Regardless of their relationships they will still sell the same image of togetherness which as been shown time and time again it's very effective with fans.

• I was nodding to a few point and then I saw this... Did you really just try to say being an IDOL is the same as the violations of human rights we've seen in American slavery and visible most recently, Qatar.

REALLY? Don't bother taking a seat, just leave the room entirely.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!