What is it with all this S.E.A. hatred?

• What's with all the hatred coming from SEA would be a more appropriate question. SEA fans have an organized unapologetic hate problem.

Of course, you and barnaby are two of a kind. :pepefacepalm:

You both know why this was made and you turn this topic into something that's not even remotely true. Hatred comes from everywhere; if you want to study why you specifically want to discuss this in a thread about how AKP weaponizes S.E.A. people for their stupid fanwars, perhaps you should be the main subject.

That's what you like, right? Then you'd go cry why a lot of users here don't like you. Poor you, there aren't enough classes on basic human decency here on Earth. You must have missed taking them.

Sometimes, you expect too much of people and you realize that they cannot even be at least decent enough to not even comment if they don't have anything substantial to add to the topic. Or if they're just going to make it about themselves and stir some shit up.

• Ppl still using labels such as ‘first and third world’ countries already proves how out of dated and ignorant the person is. If based on economics and international development, the terms ‘developed or developing’ are used now a days. Also, SEA has always been a world trading hotspot in world history - even before the Europeans discovered it and wanted the spices, silk, and trade. We had civilizations here going back before most Western countries too.

While SEA is still considered ‘developing’ re international development in today’s economic order, there is a huge difference between Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and say Laos, Myanmar, and Cambodia (unfortunately due to government). But honestly, ppl making hate comments re SEA mostly know nothing about SEA or is prejudiced in some ways. It is not a drag as some toxic KPOP fans think it is lol. [Don't be ignoring the colonization of the world that enabled the Western countries’ development..]

The status of ‘developing vs developed’ isn’t even a good indicator to measure ‘progress’ or quality of life of countries anymore. For example, in the US - a developed country- there is no universal health care but Thailand, a developing one, has a decent universal health care for all of its citizens. I am seeing horde of Western tourists hiding out in SEA beaches for the winter months and enjoying the good life here. Ditto all the expats that also retire here. Mean while, we SEA music fans, will be happy listening to music and supporting our faves.

Edited 2 times, last by Yinye ().

• At the expense of a group of people? I'd like to think that some would at least realize how stupid they are, First Worlders or Not. Unfortunately, your comment is proven by one of the replies in here.

yes

people always want hierarchies, and one where they're not at the bottom

you can be the kindest, most talented, most valuable person in the world and you'll still be judged by what your ancestors achieved

i mean think about it, ruling classes blame the mob of being thieves and rapists yet they come into power by hundreds of years of rape and plunder

but they feel proud of their lineage cause ultimately, they are the rich ones now

in short, the privileged decide what's cool and what's not

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• What pissed me off into making this post was a thread from a Wonyoung Stan acting like there aren't haters from other countries, even from SoKor itself.

But it's always been SEA this, SEA that.

Yeah, found that thread. I've learned to finally just not open their threads. WTF?

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• If you're someone who is against racism publicly yet privately posting (and obsessing over race/ethnicity) in the Anons, you're the problem.

Some of you also slip up in the main you don't realize we discover who has been spouting all this nonsense.

Let's just say that posting in anons doesn't change certain users' vivacious and liberal use of grammar, especially when they complain about SEA fans. Like, we see you, bro

• Ppl still using labels such as ‘first and third world’ countries already proves how out of dated and ignorant the person is. If based on economics and international development, the terms ‘developed or developing’ are used now a days. Also, SEA has always been a world trading hotspot in world history - even before the Europeans discovered it and wanted the spices, silk, and trade. We had civilizations here going back before most Western countries too.

While SEA is still considered ‘developing’ re international development in today’s economic order, there is a huge difference between Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and say Laos, Myanmar, and Cambodia (unfortunately due to government). But honestly, ppl making hate comments re SEA mostly know nothing about SEA or is prejudiced in some ways. It is not a drag as some toxic KPOP fans think it is lol. [Don't be ignoring the colonization of the world that enabled the Western countries’ development..]

The status of ‘developing vs developed’ isn’t even a good indicator to measure ‘progress’ or quality of life of countries anymore. For example, in the US - a developed country- there is no universal health care but Thailand, a developing one, has a decent universal health care for it citizens. I am seeing horde of Western tourists hiding out in SEA beaches for the winter months and enjoying the good life here. Ditto all the expats that also retire here. Mean while, we SEA music fans, will be happy listening to music and supporting our faves.

I would agree but I don't really find terms like First World and Third World an issue because those were used in schools, even in ours. However, the application and how people choose to look down on those living in 'developing' countries is what I take issue with.

• I would agree but I don't really find terms like First World and Third World an issue because those were used in schools, even in ours. However, the application and how people choose to look down on those living in 'developing' countries is what I take issue with.

The history of those terms 'the first world' and the 'third world' was created during The Cold War. It's out of date and it's not recommended to use. Many ppl. find it offensive because of the stereotypes it implies and ignoring that it's labelling countries based on a hierarchy as a result of colonization. Some countries and the context when it was developed don't even exists anymore like the Soviet Union. Also countries have better indexes to compare progress and development etc. So it's really meaningless....like I said - most people use 'developed' or 'developing' in a general sense but it doesn't mean much anymore with the way things are going....

Also, some schools teaching out of date information is not a surprise; take it from me -- you've got to keep on learning and you'll realize how much schools DIDN'T teach you...

Please read: https://www.npr.org/sections/g…orld-is-an-offensive-term

Edited once, last by Yinye ().

• The history of those terms 'the first world' and the 'third world' was created during The Cold War. It's out of date and it's not recommended to use. Many ppl. find it offensive because of the stereotypes it implies and ignoring that it's labelling countries based on a hierarchy as a result of colonization. Some countries and the context when it was developed don't even exists anymore like the Soviet Union. Also countries have better indexes to compare progress and development etc. So it's really meaningless....like I said - most people use 'developed' or 'developing' in a general sense but it doesn't mean much anymore with the way things are going....

Please read: https://www.npr.org/sections/g…orld-is-an-offensive-term

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the link, will check it out.

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!