What is it with all this S.E.A. hatred?

• I'm sick and tired of people shading SEAsians over KPop, when just like any other KPop enthusiast (and overly enthusiastic ones at that), there are bad apples. And don't get me started on the condescending tone of the fandoms (specifically of those cowards hiding in the Anons) when it comes to SEA farms, SEA money, etc. It's just KPop for goodness' sake. If you want to compare d*cks aka clout, awards, etc., don't include us into it.

If you're someone who is against racism publicly yet privately posting (and obsessing over race/ethnicity) in the Anons, you're the problem.

Some of you also slip up in the main you don't realize we discover who has been spouting all this nonsense.

• There are people who deny it, but honestly SEA fans are usually the backbone of the fandom. 99% of the time SEA fans are the ones running translation accounts, streaming accounts, chart accounts, fanbase accounts, etc. Usually the only time it's someone outside of SEA is if it's about a specific region/language. I can almost guarantee anyone on this forum that if the SEA members of your fandom decided to stop doing what they do, you'd definitely notice in a major way.

• For real... when BP debuted I was already a kpop fan, but just when their views "surpassed" like 80% of kpop groups that I noticed the SEA hate and now I'm not surprised anymore, but it's upsetting seeing how this issue/racism/xenophobia is still here.

People acting like it's common and "oh, but SEA fans are toxic" when they are actually way more toxic and a bunch of korean a** lickers :pepe-just-smile:

Anyways, free SEA fans of this discrimination, this is tiring, ugly, upsetting and sad.

• Not trying to make light of a serious topic, but everytime I see SEA it takes me a second to realize it's an acronym.

So your title made me imagine a person screaming at the ocean.

Anyway, back to the topic, I agree. It shouldn't matter where the fans are. Being from a specific area of the world doesn't give them any less value. If anything, it's impressive when groups can reach to a multitude of areas of the world, in all corners of the globe!

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• There are people who deny it, but honestly SEA fans are usually the backbone of the fandom. 99% of the time SEA fans are the ones running translation accounts, streaming accounts, chart accounts, fanbase accounts, etc. Usually the only time it's someone outside of SEA is if it's about a specific region/language. I can almost guarantee anyone on this forum that if the SEA members of your fandom decided to stop doing what they do, you'd definitely notice in a major way.

All that effort (even including money spent on concert tickets, albums, merch, etc.) Do not matter when it comes to Southeast Asians. They simply see us as dirt poor because these racists are highly uneducated about the world.

• Not trying to make light of a serious topic, but everytime I see SEA it takes me a second to realize it's an acronym.

So your title made me imagine a person screaming at the ocean.

Anyway, back to the topic, I agree. It shouldn't matter where the fans are. Being from a specific area of the world doesn't give them any less value. If anything, it's impressive when groups can reach to a multitude of areas of the world, in all corners of the globe!

Oh, sorry. My bad. I forgot to add periods after each letter.

Although to be fair, I am that person screaming at the ocean. Like this :pepe-firing:

And thank you. It seems as if we're just objects they can easily use in their quest to "deFeNd thEiR fAvesZ."

• LalisaLovesNnie

Changed the title of the thread from “What is it with all this SEA hatred?” to “What is it with all this S.E.A. hatred?”.
  • Did something happen here?

SEA fans are some of the most engaged fans in my fandoms! They definitely play such an important role in the growth of Kpop.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!