I want FX and RV to join ador after Birthday

• I just can’t watch new era SM ruin Red Velvet’s perfect record for me. I’m lying to myself that I like Birthday musically and concept wise because its better than Feel My Rhythm and the rest of everything from the back end of the Red Velvet Festivals on but its still not anything compared to what we were being given before.

Plus for FX i mean??? Why not???? Krystal is still friendly with MHJ so we already have a professional connection

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• FX is long gone not a single member wants to be part of a group all of them are doing their solo stuff regarding Red velvet i agree this new era that Sm going for isn't it i liked feel my rhythm but Queendom and Birthday are meh i don't understand why So went back to the whole festival thing and why they didn't carry with a concept similar to Psycho i feel like the girls are too old for concept like birthday even Aespa who's younger has a much mature concept

• Ehhh you must not have been around when dumb dumb or rookie dropped lol. This is completely in brand for RV.

MHJ’s concepts were recycled and boring and much hated at SM long before she left. She’s doing well leaving SM and concentrating on one group and SM is also doing better without her mediocrity.

• FX is long gone not a single member wants to be part of a group all of them are doing their solo stuff regarding Red velvet i agree this new era that Sm going for isn't it i liked feel my rhythm but Queendom and Birthday are meh i don't understand why So went back to the whole festival thing and why they didn't carry with a concept similar to Psycho i feel like the girls are too old for concept like birthday even Aespa who's younger has a much mature concept

I read this in one breath. You should put a warning for no full stop :pepe-slash:

• I'm trying to not say anything regarding to their recent cb since Queendom. It just don't sit right with me how I don't like any of it.

Special note for SM: How dare you dropped a masterpiece like Psycho and not take a note from it?!!!!

• Ehhh you must not have been around when dumb dumb or rookie dropped lol. This is completely in brand for RV.

MHJ’s concepts were recycled and boring and much hated at SM long before she left. She’s doing well leaving SM and concentrating on one group and SM is also doing better without her mediocrity.

Dumb Dumb was a bop for the time and it still holds up. Rookie…. We dont talk about her because if you just listen to Body Talk enough you can pretend that was the title track.

I’m not saying that Red Velvet shouldn’t be using their Red concept anymore, but there is a clear difference between their Red concepts WITH MHJ and now POST MHJ. Zimzalabim, Queendom, Feel my Rhythm and Birthday are all very reminiscent of current noise music style instead

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• Dumb Dumb was a bop for the time and it still holds up. Rookie…. We dont talk about her because if you just listen to Body Talk enough you can pretend that was the title track.

I’m not saying that Red Velvet shouldn’t be using their Red concept anymore, but there is a clear difference between their Red concepts WITH MHJ and now POST MHJ. Zimzalabim, Queendom, Feel my Rhythm and Birthday are all very reminiscent of current noise music style instead

What's noisy about Queendom

About the concept, the film teaser and the cool cat aesthetics were interesting, but the real song has nothing to do with them visually or musically

R.i.p. this

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

- Oh wait this is the instrumental for On A Ride. But it's not the title

The creative team had interesting ideas, but for some reason they went with the least interesting way to express "birthday" for the actual title song

• The fmr slander :pepe-slash:

Also not people bringing up rookie and dumb dumb to justify rv doing this kiddy concept still when those songs were released 6-7 years ago in the group’s 8-year duration lmao. the group should keep their identity with their red concepts but they still need to evolve with time bc they don’t stay the same age throughout the years and it’d be very jarring if they came out with a song like rookie rn. Irene is about to turn 32 (33 in korean age) fgs. There are plenty of ways to still keep their red concept and update its execution so that it suits them at this stage in their career.

• I just heard birthday. It sounds like the new fangled SM GG sound which is a miss for me ;(

I love Feel My Rhythm so much.. it’s always like this with RV. Psycho was so good and I was excited about their next comeback and it was Zimzalabim ;(

think you has a mix up bc after psycho rv had a 1.5 year hiatus and their next release was queendom lol. Zimzalabim was actually released earlier than psycho, right after rbb :pepe-cringe:

• think you has a mix up bc after psycho rv had a 1.5 year hiatus and their next release was queendom lol. Zimzalabim was actually released earlier than psycho, right after rbb :pepe-cringe:

Well I don’t really remember the chronicles but I remember loving Peek a boo, Psycho and then they released RBB, Zimzalabim.. it’s like an era of time that I love RV and an era of time I found their songs disappointing. I guess it Zimzalabim came after Bad Boy? So what comes after Psycho?

• Well I don’t really remember the chronicles but I remember loving Peek a boo, Psycho and then they released RBB, Zimzalabim.. it’s like an era of time that I love RV and an era of time I found their songs disappointing. I guess it Zimzalabim came after Bad Boy? So what comes after Psycho?

yeah ik what you mean. I suspect you were thinking about power up right after bad boy? Lol

Their releases go in order: red flavor - peekaboo - bad boy - power up - rbb - zimzalabim - umpah umpah - psycho - queendom - fmr - birthday

• The fmr slander :pepe-slash:

Also not people bringing up rookie and dumb dumb to justify rv doing this kiddy concept still when those songs were released 6-7 years ago in the group’s 8-year duration lmao. the group should keep their identity with their red concepts but they still need to evolve with time bc they don’t stay the same age throughout the years and it’d be very jarring if they came out with a song like rookie rn. Irene is about to turn 32 (33 in korean age) fgs. There are plenty of ways to still keep their red concept and update its execution so that it suits them at this stage in their career.

i agree with this take. Red concept can be aged well, but they seem to have regressed with the red side while the velvet side aged well. Say what you will about MHJ using "recycled concepts", but she knows how to do kitsch well and that always helped with red tracks - and I can't say that her departure actually improved RV's concepts

• You’re talking about music when mhj is/was never involved with that. Plus if we are talking concepts, the current creative process is way better than the same old mediocre style mhj ever did. Psycho, Feel My Rhythm were perfect aesthetically and musically imo. While songs like Queendom and Birthday are debatable, their aesthetics are not. I never cared for old RV albums even when they restock but I can’t stop myself from buying the fmr, Seulgi’s and this one with how creative and beautiful they look. Even the queendom one was nice.

lt64IYu.gif

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!