Kakao has IU, Weeekly, Apink, Stayc etc but first group in their mind is IVE.

• Since IVE beat the Izone curse, kpop Stans especially insecure BIG4 Stans “mostly HYBE Stans” came with the drag that’s their success is carried by Kakao, on year ago it was WY and today it’s a damn corporation which has no influence in kpop world.

They own Melon, okay, but IVE is #1 every other platform. Why Kpop doesn’t do the same toward to other sub-labels. I think Weeekly need more push than IVE lol.

Kakao is bigger than the big4 combined that’s a fact. But they have mostly the ressource not the influence. So let’s stop with the random IVE discredit and have the same energy toward their other artists lol.

• Is this supposed to be a salty post about my post after you’d already replied to it? Lmao :pepe-joy:

Fyi i brought up ive bc ive stans are the largest portion of people living on this forum who having participated in this debate before in regards to ive; weekly, apink and stayc stans are mostly gone now so bringing them up out of no where would be stupid and instigating for no reason. And iu is on a whole other stratosphere it’s even more stupid to bring her up lol

• They don't have any influence? Kpop stans only discovered it now? LMAO be delusional as much as you want but not to that extent

They erased half of kpop from spotify once spotify opened their doors in Korea because they didn't want ANY competition here and you are talking about them having no influence? Number 1 popular music service is nothing? Boy these stans are something

YOU are the one who recently discovered what kakao is and is making up fairy tales about them being oh so powerless.

The myth about big 3 and hybe being the only evil companies has been cemented for too long, people think it's impossible for others to play dirty now

Kakao and cj are the biggest ent corporations there, hybe is nothing but a small fish

• Is this supposed to be a salty post about my post after you’d already replied to it? Lmao :pepe-joy:

Fyi i brought up ive bc ive stans are the largest portion of people living on this forum who having participated in this debate before in regards to ive; weekly, apink and stayc stans are mostly gone now so bringing them up out of no where would be stupid and instigating for no reason. And iu is on a whole other stratosphere it’s even more stupid to bring her up lol

That’s not about you luv, but idk since the article came out people keep shading them.

You talked about dives obsession about dragging some groups im not talking about that.

They don't have any influence? Kpop stans only discovered it now? LMAO be delusional as much as you want but not to that extent

They erased half of kpop from spotify once spotify opened their doors in Korea because they didn't want ANY competition here and you are talking about them having no influence? Number 1 popular music service is nothing? Boy these stans are something

YOU are the one who recently discovered what kakao is and is making up fairy tales about them being oh so powerless.

The myth about big 3 and hybe being the only evil companies has been cemented for too long, people think it's impossible for others to play dirty now

Kakao and cj are the biggest ent corporations there, hybe is nothing but a small fish

Yeah idc about how huge Kakao that’s not my point go make your own thread if you think otherwise. That’s not my point.

• help me understand here. is newjeans,aespa and blackpink etc a threat to IU or to weekly or apink.

StayC? A new acquisition of high up ent completed just a few months ago is a high priority for Kakao?

When u narrow it down, it's easy to see the real intentions behind what kakao did. I'm sure it will be writted off as baseless rumours by them. But i don't trust melon anymore.

• help me understand here. is newjeans,aespa and blackpink etc a threat to IU or to weekly or apink.

StayC? A new acquisition of high up ent completed just a few months ago is a high priority for Kakao?

When u narrow it down, it's easy to see the real intentions behind what kakao did. I'm sure it will be writted off as baseless rumours by them. But i don't trust melon anymore.

Wtf are you talking about???

Kakao owns EDAM, IST, High Up etc so why does people keep acting IVE success depend on Kakao. Why does Kakao doesn’t have the same energy toward Stayc or Weeekly for example.

• Same nonsense as used against IU, easily disproved by

#1. If Kakao-Melon somehow gaming the system, is the reason for IVE's success (or IU's), then why has Kakao not done that for their other acts under them - Weeekly or Fiestar etc.

#2. Let's say Kakao plays favorites even within their group, but why would Genie, YT music, Vibe, Flo and other charts do the same - IVE or IU, are no less successful in those charts than they are on Melon.

Of course Kakao has resource advantages compared to nugu or an small agencies. But without industry influence, there is a reason why they aren't considered one of the 'Big' in K-pop.

• if something then I would say

at least give WJSN some money

after all they are directly in same company as IVE

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Wtf are you talking about???

Kakao owns EDAM, IST, High Up etc so why does people keep acting IVE success depend on Kakao. Why does Kakao doesn’t have the same energy toward Stayc or Weeekly for example.

sorry i was wrong.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• lol

• This is from my pov as a non fans and also not a hater as I stan wy and yujin.

TLDR

For me, it's because Kakao is quite smart. Ive is the perfect group to be push the most. They have wy and yujin from Izone. Wy literally the face of 4th gen and Ive already had really big fandom and gp to support them. So, if they had doing something behind the scenes for Ive, it will less obvious compare to their other groups.

Stacy, Tbz and Weeekly all have their viral moments that people think they can be really big but those three groups having a hard time to maintain their popularity and Kakao seems to understand this well. Group from big 4 especially the big 3 seems to always outshine the others which why I think Kakao see this as the perfect opportunity to try it all out for Ive so they will always on the top. Remember, Stacy used to be the on the top 3 of 4th gen gg but with all these new group from the big company debuted, they lost that title. Kakao is rich but they don't have loyal company stans like the other four which having group like Ive is probably their once in the lifetime chance and they need to make sure this group will not get overshadowed by anyone.

And, it's not true to say kakao have no power or influence in entertainment industry. Just recently, they're busted to be the mastermind of the smear campaign of many popular gg and own a controversial fb page with millions of followers. And that's just what we know, there's a lot that we don't know. They own many things in Korea which obviously they have really strong connection with a lot of things more than the big 4.

Last but not least, I'm not accusing Ive but I just want to pint out that Kakao is more than capable to do so. Now, they have perfect group to push, I don't think they will holding back.

• External Content twitter.com

This is one of the obvious example especially the oricon one.

• The FB page had also rumors against WY too yk.

This is one of the obvious example especially the oricon one.

Most sales from AL come from China not japan. 600k sales.

Ive first Japanese single sold 70k copies on Oricon the first week mc they almost reached 100k sales on BB.

Ridiculous to claim SS buys their japan success when they have two of the longest charting 4th gen songs on BB. And LD reached 100M streams in japan alone.

Oricon doesn’t count korean singles albums on their charts so I don’t know what fraud OP talks about.

• This thread is quite funny in light of the recent report on Idol Lab.

Seems like it was indeed Kakao's priority to push IVE.

IVE (and Wonyoung) received a massive disproportionate number of posts compared to all other big idol groups, even before they hit top with Love Dive.

• Are we all trying to say that a rich and powerful company like Kakao isn't capable of underhanded smear campaigns?

:annoyedk:

Also this whole thing isn't from some stupid random tabloid. The article about Kakao comes from Chosun Ilbo, the oldest daily newspaper in Korea

The way Kakao promote their idols is annoying.
    \*First of all, Sorry for my poor English because I'm not English native. Kakao is a huge company that owns SNS, bank, Payment service,,, etc....
    www.reddit.com

• Smear campaign ≠ buying a number one on melon don’t try to put words into my mouth. That’s not what I said.

• this forum will have a field day if Kakao buys LSM shares

I can only imagine how crazy thread titles will be

External Content www.youtube.com

I guess Kakao wants to ruin their career lol

you should understand your sources before you spread fake news lol idol lab was employed by kakao to slander rival groups WHILST posting positive things about their affiliates’ group; basically that humongous number of ive and wonyoung articles is all a sort of mediaplay by kakao and they’re positive articles, not negative. notice how they almost have more articles than rv and twice and bp combined, which is obviously not natural and a product of systematic efforts. that’s manufactured pr for groups under kakao’s labels, not slander like they do to their rivals like you and that tweet misunderstood the info lol

• Since IVE beat the Izone curse, kpop Stans especially insecure BIG4 Stans “mostly HYBE Stans” came with the drag that’s their success is carried by Kakao, on year ago it was WY and today it’s a damn corporation which has no influence in kpop world.

They own Melon, okay, but IVE is #1 every other platform. Why Kpop doesn’t do the same toward to other sub-labels. I think Weeekly need more push than IVE lol.

Kakao is bigger than the big4 combined that’s a fact. But they have mostly the ressource not the influence. So let’s stop with the random IVE discredit and have the same energy toward their other artists lol.

Smear campaign ≠ buying a number one on melon don’t try to put words into my mouth. That’s not what I said.

This has nothing to do with IVE getting #1. I'm not talking about them and I agree with u that Kakao wasn't the reason why they succeeded. They succeeded because of good music. And I really don't care if Kakao promoted or helped them because all companies do. This is more about what u said regarding Kakao being "a damn corporation which has no influence in kpop world". I underlined it for you. THIS part I disagree on. They definitely have an influence on kpop and the smear campaign is just part of it.

Don't try to downplay what Kakao is capable of. Just because theyre faceless and not one of the usual big bogeyman of kpop like YG, SM, JYP, HYBE doesnt mean theyre not a bogeyman

That's not hate posts. The tweet is outright lying - completely fabricating the report and analysis done.

That image is just counting the number of posts. The report specifies they were positive.

• bc ive is a trendy gg from a company that done shady things before

iu don't need anybody to talk about anybody else, she is iu, she is the reason some people even know kkt

weekly is too nugu, stayc company doesn't even have a building and apink is a old group

the only other group that is out of that factor is I've and starship

that's just it

• That's not hate posts. The tweet is outright lying - completely fabricating the report and analysis done.

That image is just counting the number of posts. The report specifies they were positive.

But the article says KAKAO idol groups have unnecessary positive comments while other GG have negative one but the post say that’s 5000 comments about IVE were negatives ??

The only rumor I heard about SS is that Sistar was doing sajajeji and there isn’t any solid proof about it so what now.

• But the article says KAKAO idol groups have unnecessary positive comments while other GG have negative one but the post say that’s 5000 comments about IVE were negatives ??

Listen to me carefully

I don't know what "post" you are referring to, but if it's that tweet, it's *wrong*. Not a difference of opinion, not something subjective, but flat out incorrect information.

The numbers in the smaller image are just about how many posts the Hub made, and who they made it about. It's to demonstrate the sheer volume of posts it did about IVE and Wonyoung compared to other similarly successful groups.

The number is not hate posts, it just count posts. Then the 2nd part is the analysis done by Chosun - they reported and analyzed the posts, and explained that those posts are *positive* posts about the group.

The tweet you linked is completely false about them being "hate" posts. The report is done by proper journalists, in a proper newspaper, and they found the posts about IVE were positive, and by the numbers, they posted about IVE and Wonyoung far more numerously then any other Idol Group.

• Threads are mixing up too many things.

#1. Is Melon manipulating the chart to favour kakao acts like IU, or IVE?

There is no evidence to allege that.

#2. Should or Is Kakao using their influence and resources via Starship to promote IVE?

Of course, that's the point of having an agency, it should support and promote its acts. Whichever act is seen to have most potential for success will be pushed more.

So yes, Starship-Kakao is a major part of the IVE's success, and the same applies to all other groups and agencies.

So what exactly is the problem here?

• So what exactly is the problem here?

The Astro-turfing is very much a problem.

No-one has any problem with Kakao using their labeled media or other avenues to promote their group. But secretly buying an influential and hithero private page with a large amount of followers, and then pushing a far disproportionate response for their own artists vs non owned artists without declaring it?

That's a problem. Or at least many many people see it as a problem, and I happen to agree.

• chart manipulation is definitely a leap that kpop stans took from this scandal and wasn’t substantiated by the report at all. however the main takeaway of that report isn’t that ive is heavily promoted by kakao, bc that’s completely fine. the problem here lies in kakao actively hiring a third party in order to slander rival groups of their sub labels, creating negative buzz constantly and vigorously for those groups to taint their image and garner them hate, which will help boost kakao’s groups in the process. that’s dirty foul play and definitely unethical and the main point of criticism here.

• The Astro-turfing is very much a problem.

No-one has any problem with Kakao using their labeled media or other avenues to promote their group. But secretly buying an influential and hithero private page with a large amount of followers, and then pushing a far disproportionate response for their own artists vs non owned artists without declaring it?

That's a problem. Or at least many many people see it as a problem, and I happen to agree.

Ok I did n't know about that...

But such paid play is hardly new, Kakao not the first or even the only such to use such strategies ..

And sure, if public perception sees it as a dirty practice, then they should face repercussions..

But I am just wondering, do they really need to such things for IVE, which is doing fantastically well?

Oh thanks.. didn't know this piece of news.

Well that's the probelm when companies own different business which potentially have impact on each other.

Bezos owns Washington Post now, do an analysis of how critical the paper has been of Amazon vs. other business competitors.

Similar case.

Nothing will come of it, because it is legal.

At best public can be made aware of the bias, and the will compensate for that.

Disevidence

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!