Who are the worst popular actors in your opinion?

• for me it's Lee min ho, Taecyeon, park min young, shin se kyung, Go are, lee Yeon hee, park shin hye, jin se yeon, Han so hee and of course vast majority of idols actors including suzy, all the GG members They ruin most dramas for me, esp when they are lead.

• I personally dont like acting of majority of main characters

they are all too focused on looking pretty rather than playing the part

supporting roles in kdramas do so much better

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Song Kang

Seohyun

Krystal

they lack facial expressions

I'm watching them thinking

what is his/her face saying? what he/she wants to show us with that

what emotion is he/her displayin?

sunmi-gp999.gif

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I personally dont like acting of majority of main characters

they are all too focused on looking pretty rather than playing the part

supporting roles in kdramas do so much better

but doesn't it depend on what do you watch tho?

like for example Extraordinary Attorney Woo, or Awaken, or Through the Darkness wouldn't be a case like that...

• I've only seen IU in two things but both times she just seemed to have the exact same facial expressions for every scene and I could never tell what emotion she was meant to be displaying at that time.

I know a lot of people love her and I love her music but yeah, her acting for me is not it.

• I've only seen IU in two things but both times she just seemed to have the exact same facial expressions for every scene and I could never tell what emotion she was meant to be displaying at that time.

I know a lot of people love her and I love her music but yeah, her acting for me is not it.

For me IU is a mixed bag, she did well when she had distinctive characters with strong scripts, but her earlier roles playing the ordinary girl, was .. well.. ordinary.

But there are a significant number of i-fans, who had no idea of her music, but found her through acting - particularly HDL, then became fans of her music later, so whatever she did in acting, was good enough for that to happen.

And then there is validation by those who are known to be fantastic actors - Lee Sun Kyun, Bae Doona leading to the Broker role with Koreeda. These people need not bow to idol-fame.

Koreeda is not known for his commercial appeal.

So I can't deny that she does not have the acting chops or at least a growing potential for it.

IU is an interesting one for me because I also feel the same at times.

My Mister is one of the best kdramas I've ever seen and the standout show in her filmography - probably the best written kdrama out there and good performances all around but really the drama is carried by Lee Sun-kyun. He would have picked up a Daesang or two that year if it wasn't the long awaited comeback of Lee Byung-hun on TV after 9 years, who also knocked it out the park with Mr Sunshine. IU executed her character well but there was also limited range to the character as the character was just depressed and monotone for most of the show.

Hotel Del Luna not as good a show but she got to show more range and she definitely improved but the best acted scenes in that show still belonged to Yeo Jin-goo (i.e. the bust stop scene when he breaks down).

I'm still waiting to be really impressed with her acting. Something like Junho in the Red Sleeve, Im Si-wan in Misaeng or DO in It's Okay, That's Love/My Annoying Brother.

Now I think about it, female singers from the 2nd gen onwards have been pretty miss for me. Eunji tends to be consistent though hasn't improved much in years. Hyeri is hit and miss despite nailing her Reply role. Suzy a bit stagnant in terms of skill (though haven't seen her recent one which looks very different to something she'd normally do), same with the SNSD bunch. Nana is probably the one alongside IU that is constantly improving but still no iconic or standout performances for me.

• Looking at this. I just realize how most of IU's drama is a hit

Dream High

The Producer

Hotel Del Luna

My Mister

Moon Lover

• Lee Min Ho and Ji Sung.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• To understand who is the most popular actor you can google what actor gets the most money for a role and it is Dwayne Johnson

• i dislike a lot of the most popular ones, but i'm not sure if it's their fault or the fault of the ones writing the characters. they just express so little emotion and presence. they just be standing there looking pretty.

Song Kang is the first who comes to mind for me, Han Sohee too. Nevertheless is the most boring thing i've watched in years

Cha Eunwoo comes to mind too, though i really like him as a person, he doesn't have the presence i want to see in a main character

Park Shinhye, Park Bogum, Sung hoon (he is a guilty pleasure though, so bad it's good), Go Ara, Suzy, etc.

i also have some where i just lost all interest in watching anything they release because they seem like the same character in every single one, such as with Park Minyoung

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!