Ive vs Newjeans, which one actually doing better internationally?

• Which one do you think doing better internationally, for example in term of chart like billboard if any of them enter the chart or spotify global. Which one doing think have better results so far outside of korean chart.

• They are both doing equally well.

Seriously, that's the answer. Any differences are marginal and contextual, and trying to recycle this type of question over and over again is just tiresome.

• Judging from the music that I hear at bubble tea stores, Korean supermarkets, and Asian beauty stores in Brisbane, I think IVE is doing slightly better.

tumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo4_400.gifvtumblr_osguhaDV7t1sk2kqwo2_400.gifvtumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo1_400.gifv

t-αrα | kαrα | wσnhσ | mírαє | dríppín | ívє | crαvítч | thє вσчz | вαє173 | trєndz | ítzч | чσunítє | wєí | nínє.í | shínєє | dkz

• Lol you’d think Brisbane would show more love for their Aussie idols

I totally forgot that New Jeans has Aussie members lmao. In defense of Brissy, I hear a lot of Stray Kidz and they have a lot of Stray Kidz events at the bubble tea shops here haha.

tumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo4_400.gifvtumblr_osguhaDV7t1sk2kqwo2_400.gifvtumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo1_400.gifv

t-αrα | kαrα | wσnhσ | mírαє | dríppín | ívє | crαvítч | thє вσчz | вαє173 | trєndz | ítzч | чσunítє | wєí | nínє.í | shínєє | dkz

• Right now I would say IVE but IVE debuted December 2021. New Jeans August 2022.

It didn't used to be a big time jump back then, but especially in this era, that can already give you a big head start and on top of that, Wooyoung is really the It Girl of her generation right now. I think the next comeback of New Jeans could decide, especially since they have gained popularity very quickly and Minji is already celebrated as a visual.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• They are both doing equally well.

Seriously, that's the answer. Any differences are marginal and contextual, and trying to recycle this type of question over and over again is just tiresome.

Both are doing well but not equally.

Ive is leading with a gap. They charted in every international chart and have the 3rd highest peak for a kpop group, they are only behind BP and BTS on international charts now. NJ still have to surpass Twice/RV (if they did idk).

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Ive is leading with a gap. They charted in every international chart and have the 3rd highest peak for a kpop group, they are only behind BP and BTS on international charts now. NJ still have to surpass Twice/RV (if they did idk).

How petty do you have to get. This is why I hate stans like yourself, a perfectly good answer is their both going smashing and leave each group to their success.

But since you want to argue, he's a counterpoint. NewJeans have 2 million more listeners on Spotify then IVE. So how is that "doing better on every international chart" -

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And saved me the song and dance about how IVE are doing better because they charted #1 on Itunes Slovenia or something (no hate to Slovenians)- find yourself a personality instead of living through a Kpop group.

People just can't f*cking leave well enough alone, can they.

• Monthly listeners are highly impacted by playlisting. Both NJ’s songs have the double of playlist reach than AL, so their listeners are more much diverse than IVE.

• more UL but their streams never surpassed IVE's daily, After Like is doing better day to day on spotify global and overall too, NJ have more ML because of big playlisting

Either way both are doing really good

• Right now I would say IVE but IVE debuted December 2021. New Jeans August 2022.

It didn't used to be a big time jump back then, but especially in this era, that can already give you a big head start and on top of that, Wooyoung is really the It Girl of her generation right now. I think the next comeback of New Jeans could decide, especially since they have gained popularity very quickly and Minji is already celebrated as a visual.

This is so backhanded lol just say we can’t compare them because NJ is a new group.

You wouldn’t say BP is smashing thanks to Lisa and Jennie. What WY has to do with them doing great on Spotify I can understand in Korea but Spotify and AM 🤔

• This is so backhanded lol just say we can’t compare them because NJ is a new group.

You wouldn’t say BP is smashing thanks to Lisa and Jennie. What WY has to do with them doing great on Spotify I can understand in Korea but Spotify and AM 🤔

sorry, but can't u stop it? :pepe-shame:

Every time, I mean REALLY EVERY time, you comment something what I am saying and make it about Blackpink. I mean when you disagree you can do whatever you want and write it, of course but please stop making it ALWAYS about Blackpink. Not everything is about them.

And if you had real interest in my comment you would see that I said in the beginning, that it is hard to compare it right now because NJ is eight months younger than IVE. Which means that the are a new group and you can't compare them now.

My SECOND argument and I'm saying what I'm saying is that Wooyoung is very popular and Minji is that becoming too. And yes, international. Of course she is a factor right now and Minji will become that too. Beside their music or other factors.

I really don't care who is more popular international. I love them both.

In fact, contrary to your statement, I say the same thing about Blackpink. Lisa and Jennie were one of the biggest reasons why Blackpink had success international in the beginning. Now it is much more balanced between the four girls, but in the beginning they were a strong factor. Maybe even the strongest.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• Petty? Bro Ive is literally only behind BP and BTS so NJ is not equal to them internationally. I just stated a fact to answer op's question and you give me this long ass salty answer. Weirdo

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Whatever that means...and this is the first time I argue with you so don’t assume them when Ive never said you make it about Blackpink.

• more UL but their streams never surpassed IVE's daily, After Like is doing better day to day on spotify global and overall too, NJ have more ML because of big playlisting

Either way both are doing really good

But that's entirely the point.

You can wrangle a 1000 different overlays to argue one is better than the other. I personally think more UL's is more significant then streams, as streams with less UL's just signifies people repeat streaming. You could argue that repeat streaming is better because it means they listened to the song more often (instead of once and done). We could discuss the merits of multiple songs vs one song at a time, etc etc etc.

On a hiding to nothing. Both have hit big, both have quite high international and domestic streaming, and taking context and everything into account, both are basically doing more or less the same. It's so exhausting because you'll never ever get anywhere constructive with these sorts of discussions.

• Every time, I mean REALLY EVERY time, you comment something what I am saying and make it about Blackpink. I mean when you disagree you can do whatever you want and write it, of course but please stop making it ALWAYS about Blackpink. Not everything is about them.

You won't win against that user.

They infect every single conversation with their myopic views on BP. They are a cancer.

• But that's entirely the point.

You can wrangle a 1000 different overlays to argue one is better than the other. I personally think more UL's is more significant then streams, as streams with less UL's just signifies people repeat streaming. You could argue that repeat streaming is better because it means they listened to the song more often (instead of once and done). We could discuss the merits of multiple songs vs one song at a time, etc etc etc.

On a hiding to nothing. Both have hit big, both have quite high international and domestic streaming, and taking context and everything into account, both are basically doing more or less the same. It's so exhausting because you'll never ever get anywhere constructive with these sorts of discussions.

depends, more UL could also be somebody listening once and never doing it again

But yeah there is no point of this discussion since nobody wins, they are both doing well, people are just used to a clear no. 1 and 4th gen don't have it, instead they have multiple top groups outdoing each other, for industry is better the later

• Petty? Bro Ive is literally only behind BP and BTS so NJ is not equal to them internationally. I just stated a fact to answer op's question and you give me this long ass salty answer. Weirdo

You quoted my response, You didn't respond to OP, you quoted me. Any yes, Petty. I've already given the reasons and you managed to completely avoid that part of the response, didn't you.

There are a thousand different ways to slice any achievements, and all you have done is made arbitrary and ill-defined statements about them. It's just an intellectual vacuum of a response.

• You quoted my response, You didn't respond to OP, you quoted me. Any yes, Petty. I've already given the reasons and you managed to completely avoid that part of the response, didn't you.

There are a thousand different ways to slice any achievements, and all you have done is made arbitrary and ill-defined statements about them. It's just an intellectual vacuum of a response.

Ive and nj are not equal internationally

Ive is leading w a gap

Bye

JCsIq3Q.gif

• This is both groups longevity on Spotify global. After like is at 45 days iirc.

On Spotify they aren't too far apart but ive does have bigger peak. Nj album overall is pulling really good numbers. Ive titles have all done well.

Ive has Japan. Ive does way better on Apple Music.

Not sure about how nj charts on billboard global charts but ive does well over there, the best for 4th gen till now.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• playlisting on top hits or sth affects it so much

• But that's entirely the point.

especially when you ignore HYBE paying for NJ to be on one of the biggest spotify playlists

• especially when you ignore HYBE paying for NJ to be on one of the biggest spotify playlists

And?

This is the thing about this playlisting, it's the same crappy arguments people had about YT ads, and now everyone does it.

A label's job is to promote their song. Literally. So quite frankly their doing a good job if they get it infront of Listeners.

I don't like Hybe at all. But it appears they know how do what their business is designed to do - sell their artists and make money. All the complaints about "playlisting" is real "we live in a society" rubbish.

Do we start calculating how much labels paid for the MV. Do we start calculating how much they paid for promos? How many different ways their able to promote?

Well actually, it looks like *insert group here* are doing best internationally, because once you take away all the money all the other labels were able to spend on promo, and MV, and YT ads, and front page melon/genie ads, and variety apperances, and music show stages... *this group* is actually the best.

I just dont understand why its so hard for that user to acknowledge that ive is doing better internationally instead of claiming both are on equal ground when its not true?? dude replied to me like i set fire on his dog or smth

Because the point is it doesn't matter. The point is you couldn't leave well enough alone. The point is any metric you use is so goddamn arbitrary, it's meaningless. I said "both are smashing" and that simply wasn't enough, was it? You had to go "no hur de hur my group is better". I dont' care for either NJ or IVE. I just find this whole cyclical bullshit where your group HAS to be number 1 on completely pointless stuff so inane.

Then, if we do get to your specious arguments, you just say "oh well this group's better". You don't provide any sort of argument for or against, just a declaratory statement which is utter tripe.

So, that's the challenge then. You've made the statement IVE is number 1. I want you to list every chart, metric, argument and statistic, in detail, about why you think so. You've made the declaration - then you are under the responsibility to provide proof. So far you've done nothing of the sort, if you really want to drag me down to your level and talk about it.

• U really think im reading all that when its just you being salty lol you literally insulted me just bc i corrected the wrong info u gave op get out

JCsIq3Q.gif

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!