Why religious kpop fans are ok with their favs having sex, drinking alcohol, having tattoos and 1000 other unholy things but draw the line at them being queer?

• Why religious kpop fans are ok with their favs having sex, drinking alcohol, having tattoos and 1000 other unholy things but draw the line at them being queer?

Idolizing people is a sin itself, technically religious people shouldnt even in kpop. Kpop itself and stanning kpop groups is a sin in 100 different flavor. But people draw the line at idols being lgbtq?

I srsly like to have a discussion about this and get some perspective.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm sure that's toxicity! because I'm a very religious person but i don't think i have ever drawn a line at anything when comes to idol. Unless it's something illegal.

this aside i can see my parents having problem with all the stuff you mentioned so again not drawing line.

• idolising people and stanning kpop is a sin? :ahh-bee:

based on a decade of my catholic day school and weekend islamic school, yes.

idk buddism might have a different perspective

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• idolising people and stanning kpop is a sin? :ahh-bee:

I am more of a spiritual person rather than religious. But, I grew up religious, and yes, idolization is a sin.

However, I have never "idolized" KPOP idols personally. Though, people's definition on what idolization may be is probably different. But the whole point of idolization in religious context is that you are putting someone else above you that is not God, which is not good to say the least lol.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I am more of a spiritual person rather than religious. But, I grew up religious, and yes, idolization is a sin.

However, I have never "idolized" KPOP idols personally. Though, people's definition on what idolization may be is probably different. But the whole point of idolization in religious context is that you are putting someone else above you that is not God, which is not good to say the least lol.

and thats exactly what kpop stans do. That is blasphemy in most religious context.

• Why religious kpop fans are ok with their favs having sex, drinking alcohol, having tattoos and 1000 other unholy things but draw the line at them being queer?

Idolizing people is a sin itself, technically religious people shouldnt even in kpop. Kpop itself and stanning kpop groups is a sin in 100 different flavor. But people draw the line at idols being lgbtq?

Just like sll religious groups. Its all hypocrisy 🤡🤡🤡🤡 world shit. Just look at the Bible as a prime example, so many people who "claim" to follow it will blatantly ignore entire sections of commandant's and rules just to allow or judge one thing. Do this crowd isn't even worth being brought up, because in reality they would all get sent to hell on ground for being a hypocrite, you can't accept part of my word and not all of it, that isn't how this works and too many don't understand that

• and thats exactly what kpop stans do. That is blasphemy in most religious context.

FACTS 😎. It's the main reason 🤡🤡🤡🤡 on here fans think im an anti or something of my favorite group. Because i don't idolize thrm. I see them as who they are humans just ad equal as i am they just have fame and lots of money 💰. All of my "idols" are normal flawed humans and I'll never see them beyond that. I have no qualms questioning them if they screw up or question others who blindly qualify them into positions they have not earned or aren't qualified for. But soo many fans worship them that anything else besides blind adoration is blasphemy and thus you are an anti🤡🤡🤡 😂 lol

• Quick general note to everybody (and not specifically directed at anybody):

Religion and sexuality are both sensitive topics that are close to people's hearts and can be very passionate about.

Please make sure to keep the discussion respectful and approach everything with an open mind.

Thanks!

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• Its not only kpop fans tbh, most religious people also have no problem doing he things that you mentioned but draw the line at being LGBTQ

Its part of the human evolution I guess, 100 years ago having sex was a sin now its normalized, after years same thing will happen to this. West is already 'more' acceptable than asian communities too.

★*★*★*★*★ Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress ★*★*★*★*★

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

I don't think I have ever met a fan that did not have a problem with the first few, but with the last one. Never.

• I don't think I have ever met a fan that did not have a problem with the first few, but with the last one. Never.

I mean I never see someone say they will unstan bc the idol drank alcohol. Are there such people?

• Because straight sex, alcoholism, tattoos, are generally considered "normal" behaviors. Being part of the LGBT+ community makes you a minority; it means your different (queer literally means weird.) Those religious fans don't care about ethics, they care about suppressing differences between people because beliefs and behaviors that are deviant from their culture(s) scare them.

• There are fans that will unstan just because an idol is dating someone. It doesn't have to be anything more explicitly intimate than that.

That's more bc their delusion is broken not bc they think the idol is sinning

• Me, a religious K-Pop fan: :pepe-just-smile:

Okay, jokes aside, you wanted a discussion and I’m more than open to having one, but I’m not really sure where to start. What questions do you have for me? I guess I can start there. Also, just a disclaimer, I can only speak for myself and my personal experiences, not for all people in my religion or all religious K-Pop fans.

• I guess it’s because alcohol, tattoos, having sex etc is succumbing to temptations while being gay is considered as something inherently wrong that can’t be fixed for those religious people.

Also, as a religious person myself I personally feel uncomfortable about the first sins you mentioned though.

And I know that being a fan of an idol isn’t really the best thing for me to do. I‘m trying to work in it tbh.

• Me, a religious K-Pop fan: :pepe-just-smile:

Okay, jokes aside, you wanted a discussion and I’m more than open to having one, but I’m not really sure where to start. What questions do you have for me? I guess I can start there. Also, just a disclaimer, I can only speak for myself and my personal experiences, not for all people in my religion or all religious K-Pop fans.

So basically the title

Why are people ok with all the other sins but this one is unacceptable?

• In some religions, it is even a sin to listen to music.

From everything I know from my islamic school, I'm going to hell bc noona nemeu yeppo

• I guess it’s because alcohol, tattoos, having sex etc is succumbing to temptations while being gay is considered as something inherently wrong that can’t be fixed for those religious people.

Also, as a religious person myself I personally feel uncomfortable about the first sins you mentioned though.

And I know that being a fan of an idol isn’t really the best thing for me to do. I‘m trying to work in it tbh.

Again I'm not trying to challenge your opinions, just trying to understand them.

Let's say IVE becomes soju models, would you be OK with that?

Idolizing people is a sin itself, technically religious people shouldnt even in kpop. Kpop itself and stanning kpop groups is a sin in 100 different flavor.

This ain't it. You could have called out the homophobia and hypocrisy without shaming people for daring have some entertainment.

I fucking hate this argument.

• This ain't it. You could have called out the homophobia and hypocrisy without shaming people for daring have some entertainment.

I'm not shaming anyone for having entertainment

Kpop is different from other forms of entertainment

It's deeply rooted on people idolizing singers

• inb4 people say anything, I have been born and breed in a religious community and family

• Don't know how many times smoking and drinking was mentioned in this thread, it's not even a sin. Drinking in moderation is okay, as long as you don't get drunk. Smoking is generally not considered sinful in itself but it's not good to become addicted. I know it's not the same for every religion, i haven't even smoked once in my life.

Ν Ξ Ο Ϲ Ι Τ Υ

div-st-bt-600.png

• This ain't it. You could have called out the homophobia and hypocrisy without shaming people for daring have some entertainment.

How is that “shaming people for daring to have some entertainment”?? Op is asking based on the logic that some people have that homosexual is a sin, so shouldn’t worshipping idols and other normal things in kpop be a sin in the same vein of those people’s own logic? It’s literally just a question of logic based on facts, there’s no shaming involved. How you leapt to that conclusion is beyond me. It’s not like op is insinuating religious people can’t have entertainment, they’re only asking questions about the consistency of how they practice their beliefs

Edited 2 times, last by Whi ().

• Again I'm not trying to challenge your opinions, just trying to understand them.

Let's say IVE becomes soju models, would you be OK with that?

I 100% wouldn’t be happy with it.

And I know that what I’m doing is hypocritical.

As a Muslim it’s a sin for me to let alone stan these women, on top of watching scantily clad women dancing and listening to music.

It’s just a temptation that I can’t resist .

However I completely disapprove of alcohol because I believe it’s bad for society so I definitely wouldn’t be happy watching them drink or be soju models.

• As a Christian, drinking itself isn't a sin. Even Jesus drank wine. But drinking in excess, being belligerently drunk, THAT is sinful. Also, being a fan of KPOP as a Christian isn't a sin. Idolization is a sin but by the definition of the Bible, an idol would be anything we put before God. If God still comes first in your life, being a fan of K-pop idols isn't sinful. KPOP idol is just a phrase, another way of saying role model, right?

If you see Christians condoning some things but not approving of others, it's all about Jesus dying on the cross. There's the Old Testament and the New Testament. After Jesus died for our sins on the cross, some rules from the Old Testament were no longer necessary. However, some rules from the Old Testament are reaffirmed in the New Testament, so we must still follow those things.

Sorry if this is long, I just wanted to try to give some insight. It's difficult for Christians to fully grasp the Bible, that's why we study it. So it's also quite difficult to explain it in a simple way :pepe-sad:

• Also, Lulu_Key I think the answer to your question is actually simple after I though about it a little:

Drinking alcohol, getting tattoos, partying etc are sins that you can stop doing and can repent for.

Homosexuality, on the other hand, is viewed as something that cannot be fixed. Few people who are gay would refuse to “give up“ (if that’s even possible) their sexuality and even if they do there’d still be something “wrong“ with them.

• As a Christian, drinking itself isn't a sin. Even Jesus drank wine. But drinking in excess, being belligerently drunk, THAT is sinful. Also, being a fan of KPOP as a Christian isn't a sin. Idolization is a sin but by the definition of the Bible, an idol would be anything we put before God. If God still comes first in your life, being a fan of K-pop idols isn't sinful. KPOP idol is just a phrase, another way of saying role model, right?

If you see Christians condoning some things but not approving of others, it's all about Jesus dying on the cross. There's the Old Testament and the New Testament. After Jesus died for our sins on the cross, some rules from the Old Testament were no longer necessary. However, some rules from the Old Testament are reaffirmed in the New Testament, so we must still follow those things.

Sorry if this is long, I just wanted to try to give some insight. It's difficult for Christians to fully grasp the Bible, that's why we study it. So it's also quite difficult to explain it in a simple way :pepe-sad:

Thanks for detailed explanation

There are different interpretations of different tests

From my understanding, if you put a person on too high of position, it's idolizing even if you still consider them below God.

Drinking is mostly from my perspective as Muslim. Any form of drinking is unacceptable. Promoting alcohol through CF is even a bigger sin.

• This thread contains 149 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!