Will YG be the first of the big 3 to skip a generation?

• There is speculation that YG might not release a 4th gen GG. Instead they will focus on Blackpink, Big Bang member releases/concerts, and expanding their other divisions, like YG+ - their most profitable projects. Why have their own 4th gen GG when every NewJeans album sale is their profit at no risk?

YG cares a lot about recovering their reputation, and having their next GG be a flop is a risk they might not want to take when they have the biggest GG in the world already. NewJeans is likely to win Korea and Blackpink is working on world domination, so what does that leave for YGNGG? Another Treasure with mediocre performance? YG hates second place.

Teddy has been responsible for almost all of YGGGs' hits. I'm not sure Teddy is physically capable of producing for two groups at once. He struggles with just one group and a soloist. Teddy is also working on his own NGG that might debut around 2024-2025, assuming he wants Ella Gross to be a member. Will Teddy even be involved in YGNGG? If not, 2nd-3rd place might be the best they can hope for, so they'll just skip 4th gen and save their best trainees for the next gen.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• This is most likely the plan tbh. YG is not going to have a new group until a few years. YG been promoting and introducing all of the girls from Blaackpink as early as 2012 which was when everyone thought they would debut but they ended up debuting in 2016. The same thing with 2ne1. We havent even got to the stage where they are introduced to the public yet so it will probably be between 5-6 years.

• YG will introduce their next GG only when BP announces they are going on hiatus as a group to pursue individual interests ala BTS or when they officially disband to do the same.

Any new GG will get the Treasure treatment by Blinks if BP is still technically active and dungeoned again after this tour, it will be very awkward and embarrassing for YGE when Blinks are trending hashtags shading BP's hoobae.

• they have to have successful group besides BP too, idk about BigBang will they be active?

YG hates second place? do they even care about such things lol. If they really was that success hungry they would be making more effort for their groups.

Yang Hyun-suk is definitely the type that hates second place, and he's still in control of the major decisions.

• Well if thats what he plans i hope he lets his female trainees go and have a chance somewhere else cause afaik there are still quite a lot there..

I'm assuming 5th gen will start around the beginning of 2025. Trainees can wait about two years.

• It not like they are short of cash, but saying that, it might be better to not invest in a new group and build a bigger budget for a 5th gen group. Will be interesting to see what group they do create when they get round to it

I'm thinking more about their trainees. They have a limited number of top trainees so they might wait to make the best use of them, especially since they are still recovering from losing trainees due to the burning sun scandal (It's only been three years and many trainees train for 4+ years).

• Yang Hyun-suk is definitely the type that hates second place, and he's still in control of the major decisions.

idk to me he seems like put no effort in their groups tho, with better management bp would have achieved more but he wasted it all

even with treasure, the group is really talented and but he aint giving them hit songs, their best performing song is composed by the member

• idk to me he seems like put no effort in their groups tho, with better management bp would have achieved more but he wasted it all

even with treasure, the group is really talented and but he aint giving them hit songs, their best performing song is composed by the member

As for BP, he's finally coming around. I think he believed that GGs didn't have a chance of getting the kind of sales (album/ticket) that the biggest BGs get unless he could make the next SNSD, but that fell through, so he focused on making the next Big Bang. BP is proving him wrong about that and their recent schedules indicate that YG gets it.

As for Treasure, I think he just doesn't have much faith that they will get big. Their mediocre performance is one of the main reasons that YG might skip 4th Gen for their GG. Maybe they will release a group, but it will be an experiment with a new executive producer aside from Teddy if they do.

• I mean BP debuted in 2016 after 2ne1 in 2009 that’s 7 years after. So at the latest anyone would expect the next GG is probably 2023 but yeah it might happen in 2023 or 24 easily. People are just arbitrarily shortening generation and saying things like 2018 is the start of 4th gen lol when BP only debuted 2 years prior to that for YG.

• As for BP, he's finally coming around. I think he believed that GGs didn't have a chance of getting the kind of sales (album/ticket) that the biggest BGs get unless he could make the next SNSD, but that fell through, so he focused on making the next Big Bang. BP is proving him wrong about that and their recent schedules indicate that YG gets it.

As for Treasure, I think he just doesn't have much faith that they will get big. Their mediocre performance is one of the main reasons that YG might skip 4th Gen for their GG. Maybe they will release a group, but it will be an experiment with a new executive producer aside from Teddy if they do.

You have said they hate second place tho, but now u say they have no faith in their acts that they will hit big. Its contradicting. After bb and 2ne1, their only act that was contender for top group was BP, if they really hated 2nd place they would manage them better to make them on top. Ikon, winner never was contender for top 2 as it was already fixed for exo, bts from the beginning. They could have done well with treasure cause unlike their previous bgs they had "existent fandom" that buy albums, but they never put effort in them, they only managed to have some momentum with darari which is the song that yedam composed, nothing cause of yg. Like I dont understand where u get that they hate 2nd place perspective, for me they dont even seem to like music company anymore lol, they never were competitive

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!