I think Hyuna and Dawn made dating more acceptable

• I am talking about the GENERAL OPINION of the k netizens and fans. So please don't come here using one tweet as evidence.

Even though everything went to shit in the beginning I think public opinion changed after the Burning Sun scandal. I remember seeing comments like "with all the crime others are doing is it worth getting angry at dating?"

Even Jennie didn't get a lot of hate. I mean yeah with Kai but it wasn't really about the dating. It was more like YG princes scandal + lazy scandal + dating that caused this storm of everyone hating on Jennie and then they just stopped and now they love her. When the news about GD came out the only negative comment was that people considered GD too old. Then we had V and Jennie who basically everybody accepts are dating...I expected people to lose their minds over it but no one generally did. Compare this with 2nd gen Generation Taeyeon and EXO Baekhyun and the scandal that happened. Some EXO-Ls still hate on Taeyeon for dating him.

When Joy was announced dating I thought the fans would get pissed but no, the general census was "lucky guy". Nobody cared with Twice either. Everybody says NCT's Haechan and ITZY's Ryujin are dating but again no one really cares.

I think in general people are starting to become more accepting of idols dating. We still have a way to go yet but I think Hyuna and Dawn being so open with their love really did a lot to sway people's opinion.

• sure but we also have to keep in mind that we are in 4th gen right now. Of course, 3rd gen kpop fans who are most likely grown ups now will less care about dating scandals. Maybe we can be sure of this, if even 4th gen idols are unaffected by dating scandals.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• I really hope so

I still do see some weird comments about 2nd gen idols dating or getting married. They are in their 30s, when will people give up.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Eh. I think it really depends on three things:

- how big is the group?

Knetz are still salty about Chen, for instance.

- which idol is it?

More popular members of the group are going to face backlash here, particularly stan attractors. I guarantee the reaction to Jaehyun or Doyoung dating is going to be dramatically different than Johnny or Yuta. People are going to react differently to Cha Eunwoo dating than Rocky.

- who is the idol dating?

There was a lot milder response to V and Jennie dating (two people consistently ranked as the most beautiful) than Jennie and G Dragon. It seems like the reaction is worse when it’s someone the fans deem not good enough for the idol (not pretty enough/successful enough). I’ve seen that even on the Ryujin-Haechan rumor you reference where people are constantly saying this.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Chen is different. He literally got married and had a kid out of the blue. Fans felt betrayed cuz to them he wasn't apologetic enough. Still BS but his case is different. Even I was a little taken aback cuz it was so out of the blue

Bobby was out of the blue too and the reaction was very different. It still very much depends on the image of the group and how popular the member is... had it been Baekhyun who was just like "welp I'm gonna get married" someone would have tried to burn SM down instead of just their EXO merch.

• Bobby was out of the blue too and the reaction was very different. It still very much depends on the image of the group and how popular the member is... had it been Baekhyun who was just like "welp I'm gonna get married" someone would have tried to burn SM down instead of just their EXO merch.

If baekhyun dates or gets married, i can gurantee you, kexols are going to commit some crimes :sehunthinking:

• Bobby was more apologetic though. That's why they hated Chen, cuz in their eyes he was being arrogant with the way he handled the announcement

I respect chen a lot. He never apologized for being in love, for having a child, and for getting married. Because he doesnt owe anyone an apology.

The thing with Ikon and Bobby and the way they were marketed, more fans and people accepted it because they never sold that boyfriend image. I don't think Bobby particularly had hard-core fangirls like exols who were extremely possessive of the exo members. That is why there wasn't the same uproar from ikonics(?). Exo sold the boyfriend image which created a more rapid, frenzy fanbase

I wouldn't say kexols hate him for being arrogant. There were other reasons. Fans of other groups also joined in the bashing because they don't want their idols to start dating as well. So they used chen as a punching bag

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!