I think Hyuna and Dawn made dating more acceptable

• I think it's just that the public doesn't really cares about idols as much as they used to so dating news don't make noise anymore.

• Bobby was more apologetic though. That's why they hated Chen, cuz in their eyes he was being arrogant with the way he handled the announcement

Yes bobby was accepted because he was apologetic, not because he apologized to fans no. The reason the general public accepted him more us because he apologized to his team. You see here in Korea there's a huge emphasis on personal responsibility, so people expect you to own up to something or do your job properly etc.

P Everyone knows idols should date, but also understand that unfortunately idol groups are a team they rarely succeed if one goes off on a lifelong commitment that will affect the group. This is primarily why people were not as receptive about Chen in comparison to Bobby.

Bobby apologized to iKon knowing that being married with kids early in their career means that they may not be able to promote as a full group often as he has to be a dad. The same is true of Chen but he never really apologized to Exo, even though the members of both groups in reality don't give a fuck.

It's like if me and you started a business and atlest for a time this business required both of us to be on top of things for us to succeed, if I went off to do my own thing knowing it will affect our success and likely impact your ability to succeed negatively. I would get criticism for it, as it would be seen as I acted selfishly not thinking about you or if you can shoulder more responsibility etc, because I wanted THIS period regardless of the consequences to you and didn't bother to apologize for it. (Even if you didn't give a shit i did it) it's the public perception of showing you care so making a public apology towards you is seen as a gesture of good faith.

• So I think in conclusion Bobby has better PR skills than Chen, plus iKONICs being more chill with it benefits him also. When I read his letter the things he said sounded humble and still show that he cares for iKON and iKONICs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!