Aespa sales are SUS

• Apparently only 500k came from China so where are the other like 1.1m+ Sales coming from? They dont have the western or JP stats at all to back these sales up so its quite confusing?

Boy groups get these sales by hard mass buying are Aespa fans that hardcore? They built this much of a hardcore fanbase in a few years? I dont buy it.

Ktown sales for the album is also only like 135k and thats generally where western/china fanbase order.

Some people have brought up good points guess im just old and still in previous gen mindset xd

• Apparently only 500k came from China so where are the other like 1.1m+ Sales coming from? They dont have the western or JP stats at all to back these sales up so its quite confusing?

Boy groups get these sales by hard mass buying are Aespa fans that hardcore?

A whole of rest of Asia exists? And Gaon is SHIPPED albums. Even if c bars don’t place the orders now these stores will have these albums to buy for the next few weeks and months. Unless gaon reports shipment returns, they are as good as sold.

This isn’t just an aespa thing it’s a kpop thing also true for blackpink and twice and everyone lol

Pre orders are STORE preorders NOT people preorders.

• A whole of rest of Asia exists? And Gaon is SHIPPED albums. Even if c bars don’t place the orders now these stores will have these albums to buy for the next few weeks and months. Unless gal reports shipment returns, they are as good as sold.

This isn’t just an aespa thing it’s a kpop thing also true for blackpink and twice and everyone lol

Pre orders are STORE preorders NOT people preorders.

Hanteo are actual sales though right? My point still stands that I just dunno where their sales are coming from. Its just very sus your telling me they got a bigger fanbase then dream?

• US, Europe, South America, Middle East, SEA, Australia, yeah those exist too...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They dont have the western or JP stats at all to back these sales up so its quite confusing?

yeah it's not like Savage, their debut album, didn't debut at #20 on Billboard 200

or like It's not their 40th week charting on Billboard Artist japan hot 100 ( they are the 4th highest charting GG there behind Kep1er, Twice and IVE)

and let's not act like Life's too short isn't charting on Billboard japan Hot 100 right now

Life's too short is even trending on Japan youtube

and Girls album is #1 on Itunes japan

that's funny how you all see only the metrics that you want to see '-'

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• They barely buy albums and if Aespa were big in SEA then they would do better view wise on youtube and on those sea spotify?

the views aren't that bad. Not even BTS solos are having huge no. of views lately. But when Girls will start having ads, this talk will be completely irrelevant.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• Hanteo are actual sales though right? My point still stands that I just dunno where their sales are coming from. Its just very sus your telling me they got a bigger fanbase then dream?

Gaon is bought albums by retailers plus pre-orders by fans

Hanteo is sales from stores plus the pre-orders.

To make it more simple. Target buys 100k albums, and Ktown has 100k preorders.

That is 200k for Gaon and 100k for Hanteo, but Hanteo will grow slowly while people buy from Target because they didn't pre-order, or they want more albums.

• A group with hits and strong fanbase selling a lot of albums, so shocking

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The set up :pepe-life-support: and people invalidate BP sales till this day so why do it with another group?

BP had the views, streams, etc, everything but people still questioned it so even if Aespa had the numbers based on your standard, i think you would still doubt their sales...

I think Aespa will have one of the biggest fandoms for ggs, they sold out their USA thing, they chart super well in Japan and their c fanbase is huge. I think it makes sense.

What must have surprised you was how fast Aespa got these numbers, but as everybody said kpop grew so much these past years that even old groups who didn't pass 400k are now selling 700k.

They are doing great. Their tour will be insane seeing how big their fandom is.

• I think all big companies inflate their groups physical sales, specially the ones from 4th gen. Besides USA, Japan, China and Kr, the rest of the world dont really buy albums and aespa has a strong fanbase in only two of these countries so I dont think is surprising if people dont trust their album sales

• People like to belittle BP's success Mona. Everybody knows this.

Coping at it's best...(I mean worse)

But I also agree that K-pop has grown A LOT.

Them doing great, as a top 4th gen group (not the only one mind you), is not a surprise.

• Real talk: can SM teach me how to make enough money to feed almost 60 idols while also spending so much money making albums and paying rent on the warehouses to store them?

:pepe-notes:

fix my finances, SM Entertainment!

• People like to belittle BP's success Mona. Everybody knows this.

Coping at it's best...(I mean worse)

But I also agree that K-pop has grown A LOT.

Them doing great, as a top 4th gen group (not the only one mind you), is not a surprise.

I'm already preparing myself for BP cb bc everything will be a topic, be it good be it bad so yes...

Yes, and they are literally the most popular 4th gen group no? Not just in kpop, but within the gp too so it's not like they are unknown or anything. 4th gen album sales even for supposed nugu groups are surpassing 200k which was a top number for top groups in 2th gen so it's only logical for them to reach higher numbers.

• Real talk: can SM teach me how to make enough money to feed almost 60 idols while also spending so much money making albums and paying rent on the warehouses to store them?

it's easy...Make a ton of goods so the fans buy them.

P.S.

That's how entertainment has worked for at least 1000 years

• I'm already preparing myself for BP cb bc everything will be a topic, be it good be it bad so yes...

Yes, and they are literally the most popular 4th gen group no? Not just in kpop, but within the gp too so it's not like they are unknown or anything. 4th gen album sales even for supposed nugu groups are surpassing 200k which was a top number for top groups in 2th gen so it's only logical for them to reach higher numbers.

That is true, we've been there to see it after all.

And yes, they are the most popular, or at least I think so.

I like Ive and Idle as well, so for me they are pretty much tied.

• Not to be cheeky but can hanteo sale be fraud too?

External Content twitter.com

You know that first day 800k is almost equal to the Album overall sale on hanteo right? Like many people said, read data and sale trend before you comment on thing you don't know.

SM at this point is a charity institution, the way they're faking sales for years just to make the idols feel more successful and happy, LSM is like a dad buying all the cookies his kids are selling :pepe-pray:

• This thread contains 233 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!