[enter-talk] SEEING THE DREAM CONCERT TODAY, THE K-POP WORLD HAS BECOME EVEN MORE SEVERE

• [enter-talk] SEEING THE DREAM CONCERT TODAY, THE K-POP WORLD HAS BECOME EVEN MORE SEVERE

bypannchoaJune 19, 2022

(T/N: OP uses the word "그사세" in the title which is an acronym for '그들이 사는 세상' = a world where other people lives in. It means something niche/(others) living in their own world. The title means that K-pop is becoming more of their own world and becoming more niche.)

AVvXsEjcrFeAB2P-3Eq-YkQR7KdnZl8aBqCKFax4KCK8ey9QAwujLwrn0pdx35UdMhNNwezwpSFEJTinjAFNXQMQhvVcJQIFxTei_0bUgTVXI78nVRDVeGf9Qwa7xhiw7Ep9uRm6angwwyP8iwAjwpOqDZlXciFIqSNibz9efFCNfwNescRHt7E-YnOT7oBy=s16000

Back then, at the Dream Concerts, even before it gets dark, I knew all the groups who were performing and I knew all their songs too (T/N: the more rookie and less "known" idols perform first (before the sun sets) while more popular acts perform later at night). But after watching today's concert, the lineup of male and female idols from mid-sized companies....

CIX, AB6IX, Golden Child, Pentagon, VICTON.... I don't know any of their songs. Meanwhile, Shine? This song is 4 years old so hmmm... ㅜ Seriously the general public doesn't even know their names nor their song. So I feel like K-pop is becoming its own world and it's even more severe now.

As for female idols, I at least knew one song from every group.... Seeing it like this maybe it's the male idols' world that's becoming their own...ㅇㅇ

(T/N: for those who are curious here was the lineup at the 2022 DC:

NCT DREAM, IVE, Red Velvet, NMIXX, Oh My Girl, Dreamcatcher, STAYC, VICTON, Kep1er, CIX, Golden Child, Weeekly, LABOUM, PENTAGON, AB6IX, CRAVITY, WEi, DRIPPIN, ALICE (formerly known as ELRIS), CLASS:y, TAN, LIGHTSUM, YOUNITE, EPEX, KINGDOM, TRENDZ, and Lee Mujin.)

post response:

[+211][-46]

original post: here

1. [+133, -67]

Every time I read posts like these, I can feel it. Back then, people keep saying that male idols lived in their own world and the comments would be saying "if you're interested in male idols' songs, can't you just look them up for yourself?" If you're feeling bad for not knowing any song in a concert, then you can just look them up before going there. I don't understand you

2. [+71, -118]

It's because most of the HYBE male idols and ZZZ were not there (T/N: ZZZ = The Boyz, Stray Kids, ATEEZ)

3. [+70, -45]

Female idols' songs are getting better and better but male idols songs get worse. If you look at the trend among male idols nowadays, they completely gave up on the general public and are all-in for growing their fandom. They are making songs full of weird worldviews and lyrics that only fans can understand, so it's hard for the general public to get into them and they just end up not listening to them. People just tune in to any song to listen to it casually but who would look for songs about so-and-so's worldview or concept?

4. [+53, -2]

You think that the fans of other groups would know any of the ZZZ songs????????????

5. [+35, -3]

Ah why? Pentagon's Feelin' Like is freaking good though? You don't know it?

6. [+32, 0]

The fanchants during Shine was solid yesterday though

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• "Every time I read posts like these, I can feel it. Back then, people keep saying"

this already seem written by some middle-age boomer who lost connection to kpop world and can't follow rookie groups

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 1. [+133, -67]

Every time I read posts like these, I can feel it. Back then, people keep saying that male idols lived in their own world and the comments would be saying "if you're interested in male idols' songs, can't you just look them up for yourself?" If you're feeling bad for not knowing any song in a concert, then you can just look them up before going there. I don't understand you

:pepe-hehe:

For real though... this is like watching the Grammys and complaining about not knowing all the people performing because you're only watching to see like Blake Shelton or something. It's a you problem, not a we problem.

• 3. [+70, -45]

Female idols' songs are getting better and better but male idols songs get worse. If you look at the trend among male idols nowadays, they completely gave up on the general public and are all-in for growing their fandom. They are making songs full of weird worldviews and lyrics that only fans can understand, so it's hard for the general public to get into them and they just end up not listening to them. People just tune in to any song to listen to it casually but who would look for songs about so-and-so's worldview or concept?

This argument lost all weight since aespa blew up, same with the “noise music” stuff. Their lyrics are literally full of made up words. The general public doesn’t give a shit about kpop, they listen to what’s popular, which is why it’s so easy for popular groups to stay popular and so hard for unpopular groups to become popular. Really it’s more that, for most groups, they’re not unpopular but instead just unknown. This is why big3 privilege is such a big thing. Thank god kpop blew up internationally to give all these lesser known groups a chance at success

• I agree. But like op said mostly for male idols in Korea. it's like a small underground scene or something.

:pepe-life-support:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• :pepe-hehe:

For real though... this is like watching the Grammys and complaining about not knowing all the people performing because you're only watching to see like Blake Shelton or something. It's a you problem, not a we problem.

OMG this was me. I literally didnt know like half the names being nominated, like i never even heard of them, who dafug was Brandy Carlisle and John the Baptist? Even more names whose faces i have never seen like HER, NAS, etc. I only knew Rodrigo and Doja and pop stars that had at least 10 year careers like Grande, Bieber, and Swift.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!