Are you the kind of person who requires “justice” for celebs’s mistakes for non criminal offenses?

• ? 39

The result is only visible to the participants.

Obviously things like murder/rape/ etc etc which are criminal offenses, justice is required. The courts will take care of that.

But what about other types of offense like bad behavior? Childhood bullying like what’s currently trending topic? Or cheating/adultery? Or stuff like what Irene did screaming or behaving badly with staff?

Basically morally “corrupt” actions without criminal/jail time consequences, do you expect celebs to be “punished” for this? More importantly is this something that would stop you from stanning and you expect public apologies for?

• That’s not what I asked exactly everyone will face consequences… I asked if this is something you require? Will it stop YOU in particular from stanning UNLESS they pay the price.

Yes

If I knew it before stanning then I will avoid stanning

If I knew it after I started stanning depend on how the idol/celeb react, I can be a casual fan but never stanning again.

• Outside of crimes like sexual assault, murder... I don't really care that much. People make mistakes. No one is perfect. If you take responsibility, try to make amends, and make positive changes to your life then that's all they can do can do.

The victim is the only person who can choose to accept their apology or not. No one else really matters. If you want to like that person then like that person. If you don't then don't. If we avoided every piece of media that involved someone problematic there wouldn't be much left. :pepe-shrug:

• I think bullying is a crime. If somebody bullied somebody so bad and that person killed themself then isn't that murder? You tormented another human being so badly that they couldn't live anymore? Bullies need to be punished so they understand why what they did was bad. If we don't punish bad people then how will they learn?

• Tbh even criminal offense I don’t care.

Oh you literally just came back from jail? This song is viral tho let me bop to it.

Man I WISH I could care enough but the truth is I don’t. It’s so hard when there’s so much to care about in my life already lol. I don’t even bother finding out about half the shit celebs get up to.

• I mean the main reason why people hate Seungri is for something he wasn't even charged for. Just because it's not a criminal offense according to law, that doesn't make the person not guilty.

Agreed I don’t mean those cases. I mean in specific things which CANNOT be criminal offense. Being accused of a severe crime and not being able to prove is still “criminal”. I talking about offense which are by itself NOT criminal regardless of whether they’re proved or not.

• I think that anyone can make mistakes but some will own up to them while others won't. personally i will have more respect toward someone that owns up to their mistakes and tries to make ammends but i don't know if i will completely cut off someone who wouldn't. it will depend entirely on the situation and how severe the act was.

that being said, i think if an idol is outed for or accused of doing something then the company should definitely look into it seriously and solve it privately with the victim / accusers. we saw first hand with the Garam situation what can happen if companies ignore serious accusations and let fans draw their own conclusions and deal with it in their own way. I also believe it is in the idols' best interest to do so, some mistakes are not worth losing one's career over but sometimes the way companies handle things make situations worse than they ought to be.

• So many variables to consider, including the specific actions that got the celeb in trouble.

Another consideration is that idols and most local celebs face different circumstances since locals are 99 percent solo artists. Their actions only affect them, while idol scandals not only impact the idol involved, but their group members as well.

I'd have to think about each case individually.

• I'm the type of person who wishes the best for the victims, I want them to have their peace and keep going. Just like I wish the one who did the mistake to own up what they did and trying to be a better person.

But I'm not really invested and I'm far from being an opinative person. So I keep It in my mind most of the time. I don't "require" anything.

You will barely see me in these scandals threads lol

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• I feel like only in KPOP are things like these stretched out so badly.

Like Western artists have done WAY WORSE STUFF and they are still thriving.

And when I mean way worse, it's not something they did when they were young, it's something they did when they are already adults

Is that good or bad just because something exists doesn’t make it right

• There is also the matter that kpop groups are IDOLS which is a big distinction. Which means they are not just popular for their art. They are popular for their personalities and the attitude and their image.

So I don’t think we can directly apply those sentiments. If we did then kpop won’t be as popular as it is now anyway. The clean image and perfect image is one of the main reasons why idols are popular in the first place.

You can’t have the cake and eat it to. You can’t profit off your perfect image and then be mad that the people are expecting perfection from you.

• It's bad, just that it's even more bad how Western artists are so easily forgiven

I mean tbh Disney expects certain image from its artists. If they break it Disney will fire them. It’s why the child artists rebel after leaving Disney. So that’s who we should compare idols to not like the western music industry IMO.

• What goes around comes around. Karma is a b!+ch!

I don’t think people should be held at the stake for the wrong things they did in their childhood. But your actions in the past may hunt you in the future. As far as bullying go, I think there are different severities to it. I was also ‘bullied’ in middle school and I still think about what happened sometimes but I’ve gotten past it. But my bullying wasn’t to the extent of constant harassment, groups of people taking part of it, and no extensive violence. In the end, it’s nobody’s business, what matters is the victim finding peace.

Partly the reason why Garam’s case is such a big issue is that Hybe and Somu didn’t take appropriate measures to address the bullying scandal. They are in a schedule and damn if they let anything or anyone get in the way of promoting their anticipated GG.

• short answer: yes.

Longer answer: bullying especially in the context of korea is so off putting I would unstan an idol/group and if I wasn't stanning then I'd never check out their music. You have to see that video of the bullying of that girl that went viral a couple of days ago. It's so vile. Bullies in korea don't just physically assault other students, they assault them mentally too. The bully in the viral video moved to hit the victim and the victim raised her hand to block the attack and the bully made her lower her hand so she can hit the victim properly. It's so so bad.

The bullies make you feel completely trapped and worthless. Such people have no business become celebrities with lots of adoring fans. It's sick. People don't just grow out of a mindset like that. I don't care if they were 12 or 13 when they were bullies. That shit can follow them till the day they die for all I care.

• Obviously things like murder/rape/ etc etc which are criminal offenses, justice is required. The courts will take care of that.

But what about other types of offense like bad behavior? Childhood bullying like what’s currently trending topic? Or cheating/adultery? Or stuff like what Irene did screaming or behaving badly with staff?

Basically morally “corrupt” actions without criminal/jail time consequences, do you expect celebs to be “punished” for this? More importantly is this something that would stop you from stanning and you expect public apologies for?

Physical Bullying -public, private apology and kick them out, like it ain't arguable to me

Verbal bullying-I was a victim of this but all I would ask for is a private apology, don't think it is worth ruining careers in my opinion as I would not want my bullies to have their careers ruined because of something they did a long time ago and genuinly feel bad about it but if they don't feel bad about it, well I would move on with life but I understand if other victims would want a public apology

Cheating-I honestly don't know lol, but DEF an apology. I think it would effect me stanning them(like if it was a specific idol from a group then I would still stan the group but not support that member individually probs)

Screaming/behaving badly with staff-Public and private apology to victim

• I feel like only in KPOP are things like these stretched out so badly.

Like Western artists have done WAY WORSE STUFF and they are still thriving.

And when I mean way worse, it's not something they did when they were young, it's something they did when they are already adults

wait seriously?

I feel like in the western industry it's harsher punishments, I mean didn't Will Smith lose his oscar or something for the slap?

And which celebs did bad stuff as adults?

• wait seriously?

I feel like in the western industry it's harsher punishments, I mean didn't Will Smith lose his oscar or something for the slap?

And which celebs did bad stuff as adults?

Off my head I'm just thinking of people like Chris Brown who abused Rihanna

Most recently Travis Scott encouraged fans to rage and it caused a whole lot of havoc that lead to the deaths of multiple people at his concert, facing multiple lawsuits from multiple victims families. Hiatus? Bitch please he just appeared on the Billboard Music Awards few days ago.

These are just random ones that I can think of, if we were to search for more it's probably a lot worse, from abuse to violence and racism you name it they got it

15 year old bullying is like child's play to them

• Damn, that is true, western artists do get a pass.

• Depends on the extent of morally corruptness of said “mistake” and how it’s handled afterwards

But no if it’s not criminal I don’t think they have to, I just won’t give them MY money or other type of support

。・:*˚:✧。  :borahae::borahae: 。・:*˚:✧。⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

• No, I don’t have such expectations. I don’t actually know these people, only the persona they present publically. The fact that you were fucking around on your girlfriend or were a school menace at age 12 has little bearing to me on your music. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Sure, sometimes it can color my opinion where I’m like “naw, I don’t really want to support this person and find them squicky”, but overall less important to me. Fundamentally, this is all between them and the victim.

The difference is that in their career field of idols these things do matter, so they should take care to not be fucking messy about their private life. I don’t expect a 16 year old to know better but the stupid shit that some of these older idols get into, it’s like “bruh you’ve been in the public eye for 15 years, come on now.”

I’m more bothered by the ongoing career of Chris Brown..

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• these children will be physically assaulting other children and y'all will call it "childhood bullying" just because it took place in a school and they weren't charged doesn't mean they don't deserve to be punished

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• This thread contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!