Posts by JustWhatIThink

I like some of their title tracks as they tend to be solid, they are just not as interesting to the point I would listen to them often, Growl could be an example of this.

I do like some of their songs a lot (or sections) like Overdose whole bridge and buildup to the last chorus (Overdose overall is very good), Monster is also very solid... Lucky One is funky, I really love Tempo, what I like of Love Shot the most are the verses and that part where Chanyeol raps where the instrumental is just epic. I also like Obsession a lot.

I'd say EXO excels at SM's R&B which I can really enjoy but I love the most when it's shared with Hip/Hop or EDM, so EXO is like a group I would put as a 7/10 when it comes to personal taste, it's just not enough to the point I would stan them or research for their songs monthly, but they have songs which for some special ocassion I would hear again because I know I like them.

Lmao I am not even discussing nct's situation? I am saying it because the one I quoted implied that having less sales than streams isn't normal which isn't the case at all. I don't know why are y'all getting so butthurt over this when I am not even talking about nct's case. Either follow up the conversation before quoting or develop a better reading comprehension because I already said the nct discussion doesn't interest me so I am not participating in it

The thread is literally about NCT and it seemed to me like you were shading at the last phrase, but whatever.

Thank god NCT 127 did this with Sticker

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So NCT doesn't have more streams than album sales? Y'all are losing yourselves on a stan twt persona

JustWhatIThink hey we're talking about NCT sales. what do you think? 135278-leeknow-bored-gif

I think the fact WayV doesn't have "NCT" on their name, and how SM almost acted like they were a separate group until 2020, I think people who don't know that much about NCT may don't even know about WayV's existence, or just think they are a chinese group under SM with no correlation to NCT. I've been saying I'm not the only one to count all NCT sales combined though, so it's good to see another source that does such.

Actually my favorite project overall was Empathy, maybe also because nostalgia, but remembering about the rumours of the Boss unit + Ten filming on a library on Ukraine and those aesthetics, and also NCT Dream filming Go on LA with also a type of MV I loved, that was something else...

I wish we weren't on a global pandemic because imagine units filming on different places for these projects nowadays... it would be crazy.

I know people may think otherwise because SM hasn’t commented, but I think they’ve handled it quite smartly. They’ve kept the other members in the public eye with cute, wholesome content of both the group (that camping stuff, different one-off series episodes) and the individuals (Kun’s DJ role, Xiaojun, Hendery and YangYang on their reality show, Ten’s work in China). Additionally, the younger Weishens were promoted heavily within key singles - Zoo and Let’s Play Ball, which exposes them to a wider audience, much as Xiaojun’s breakout during Resonance. People seem to be positive and engaged to the group’s existing members (there’s certainly a pro-Lucas contingent too but there was a lot less resistance to 5 member WayV than I thought they’re would be.)

In fact, the Miracle track video has one of the highest views of the Universe non-MV videos, which is awesome (there’s usually such a gap for them.)

They are not going to sell 2 million albums, but I think we’ll see a definite Universe boost and I think the Weishens will be okay, although I was worried for them..

I feel like SM did a really good job specially with YangYang on the Universe album, everyone talked about him. I also wonder about how they will play with WinWin's situation, if he really becomes someone with a really big fandom, that could also help them. I'm a lot more positive about WayV's future too now, although Lucas was (and maybe still is) a international casuals Kpop fans favorite, thank god the group also has someone as talented and popular as Ten as well.

NCT Dream's We Boom by 2019 actually didn't sell that much, I remember it sold like 340k by then, which really emphasizes how big the increase was when 127 sold +750k with Neo Zone after the first month, I feel like Dream had a more upwards trajectory after 127's Superhuman whole mess but Neo Zone arrived just at the proper time: the most important NCT song on Korea and successful enough to gain some international attention too. Also just when the pandemic was starting... it really made more people curious about NCT, and their videos on NCT daily and such content helped a lot.

I feel like Resonance was the confirmation that the brand was huge, but I think Kick It is what completely changed the destiny and the image of the NCT brand; is what made them blow within the K-pop context and make an statement of "here we are" after a 2019 where it seemed like the brand was kinda getting stagnant.

Resonance did made them all million sellers and made a 2nd push to both 127 and Dream to move insane numbers, and definitely helped WayV to gather more attention, but Neo Zone was THE trigger imo, just at the right time.

Me too! But if they will still focus on China, I believe his scandal will not impact as much as we think because he didn't have the biggest Cbar.

He has a lot of SEA fans, but I have no clue about their buying power.

OT6 weishennies are THIRSTY for new music and a full album, so I think they will pull off decent sales numbers.

Not to mention Kick Back was a mini with very low budget promo and a slightly disappointing MV for some people, if SM does it right I still think WayV could cross the 500k figure easily next comeback.

YEARLY PROJECTS

NCT Release 'Universe' Album, Share Video for 'Beautiful': Watch – Billboard

NCT 2018 Empathy : 581,238

NCT 2020 Resonance Pt. 1 : 1,553,678

NCT 2020 Resonance Pt. 2 : 1,445,077

NCT 2021 Universe : 1,630,715

Yearly projects total sales: 5,210,708

NCT 127

NCT 127 unveil explosive music video for 'Earthquake'

NCT #127 : 144,625

Limitless : 204,992

Cherry Bomb : 209,038

Chain (jp) : 55,045

Regular-Irregular : 338,504

Regulate (Repackage) : 229,267

Awaken (jp) : 62,392

We Are Superhuman : 381,051

Neo Zone : 1,014,581

Neo Zone: The Final Round (Repackage) : 682,364

Loveholic (jp) : 155,515

Sticker : 2,431,995

Favorite (Repackage) : 1,166,944

NCT 127 total sales: 7,076,313 (6,803,361 on Gaon)

NCT Dream

NCT Dream own the 2000s inspired hip hop look in 'Dreaming' concept images  for 'NCT 2021' | PINKVILLA

The First (Single) : 210,416

We Young : 148,998

We Go Up : 331,818

We Boom : 526,196

The Dream (jp) : 61,514

Reload : 757,665

Hot Sauce : 2,097,185

Hello Future (Repackage) : 1,293,257

NCT Dream total sales : 5,427,049 (5,365,535 on Gaon)

WayV

WayV regresa con 'Kick Back' | CusicaPlus

Take Off : Unknown (Only sold on China officially)

Take Over the Moon : 103,314

Take Over the Moon - Sequel : 74,365

Awaken the World : 127,771*

Kick Back : 356,786

Known WayV total sales : 662,236

NCT's total album sales : 18,376,306 (18,041,840 on Gaon)

*Awaken the World had serious issues on the physical release as it had to be reprinted on a different way and Hanteo counted very little sales, months later a korean report would announce the album actually sold around 280k, the album also had a chinese press version but Gaon figure is around 127k which is the one I counted, have your own thoughts about it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

Wouldn't be able to sleep well at night knowing I can't appreciate such music

So because of this thread, I just listened to Sticker for the first time. So obviously the song was not well-received by the AKP community, but what was the response in the NCTzen fandom?

50/50

I for one was unsure of certain elements in the song, but never hated it. Now I absolutely love it, and I'm sure a lot of NCTzens have grown to really like it, it's very fun to sing along to because of how "empty" it sounds at times and it's dependability on the singers giving a lot of character to the verses.