this is why kpop is getting worse and worse

• :facepalm:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Off topic but Drew made some points earlier. Now with the covid idols have more time to perform on music shows pre-covid it was booked but right they can perform as much they want since it’s pre-recorded to the point that not a single flaw will be shown on the TV.

• It's funny how companies let the groups sing live while dancing, but where they stand down they use autotune. But I guess this really depends on how much the event pays the company, ofc a singer will not sing live for some pocket money. Also, it's pretty annoying that companies push some high notes and hardcore choreography, especially SM loves to do that. It's like testing their artists lol.

But yes, autotune and playback use became a problem since is abused by companies. Remember that wave of hate towards Twice when they won and had to sing live at the end of the show but it was terrible? Everyone can see that they were so anxious, when someone is used to always playback and using autotune to make sure your vocals are 100% perfect, then you panic when you hear your own voice because is no longer flawless, even tho it still sounds good. It's like when you get used to putting makeup daily and after a time you can't show your bare face because it's no longer flawless.

You can see in the video that their vocals are still amazing, and dancing and singing at the same time is not something easy.

I agree this could create a bad idea about live singing. I met some good singers but they were too afraid to audition because "they don't sound as good as the actual singers". Like,,, girl, I assure you that even them don't sound that good without autotune.

I suggest you to avoid those "live" channels. I checked them too and it's so visible that they have big resources and invested a lot to invite those popular artists, for sure they don't come for free. So in order to get money, they have to make sure that the song sounds good so people will replay them.

• Thank god NCT 127 did this with Sticker

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• i don't see why idols have to sing live without the support of technology

people wear clothes, ride cars, use phones, or take pics

rather than get fatter for warmth, train to run faster, yell louder, or improve visual memory

autotune and other tech is no different

technology exists because it allows people to compensate for weaknesses

kpop performances now are more dynamic than before because autotune exists

people are free to listen to out of tune songs or watch weaker dance performances

but i prefer better entertainment with technology, rather than weaker ones without

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!