Do You Think Kpop is Getting Worse Or Better?

• To be honest, I think, since becoming a fan of kpop back in 2019, Kpop has gotten worse over the years. Not just the music, but the fans too. Especially since the fans seem to get worse, its hard to deny it. I still find myself going back to wishing when I was a baby kpop fan back then. Things were better then. The music, the dances, the community. I hope Im not the only person that thinks this!

• Weren't there actual knife fights back in the day?

• I became a fan in 2011,so ofc I have a special fondness towards the older stuff,but I still thoroughly enjoy it.

Same actually. For me, second gen will always be memorable but even today there is the odd good song that comes out and of course there's always Aespa, BTS and even Twice but I'm certainly not as passionate as I first was.

• I became a stan in 2019 and since then it's gone downhill. Kpop doesn't really excite me anymore like it used too, I think it's just because a lot of groups debuting this year I don't like and a lot of the music this year is very bad and forgettable just like last year. Also, there's no "diversity" a lot of companies are just debuting these groups that don't look unique and all have the same visuals and vocals. Nothing brand new or interesting.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• I became a stan in 2019 and since then it's gone downhill. Kpop doesn't really excite me anymore like it used too, I think it's just because a lot of groups debuting this year I don't like and a lot of the music this year is very bad and forgettable just like last year. Also, there's no "diversity" a lot of companies are just debuting these groups that don't look unique and all have the same visuals and vocals. Nothing brand new or interesting.

I feel like the songs nowadays get old so fast and its so boring now. Especially all the new fans and stuff making everything toxic and being super repeatative (i cant spell it oml i give up bye)

• I feel like the songs nowadays get old so fast and its so boring now. Especially all the new fans and stuff making everything toxic and being super repeatative (i cant spell it oml i give up bye)

Exactly, everything just comes and goes without impact, this is why I love 2nd gen more because the songs barely get old, same with 3rd Gen (I'm so sad 3rd Gen Is over...) With kpop's huge popularity I just feel like there's more fighting and stuff. 2nd gen stans had it good tbh. And is it just me or does 4th gen kind of feel lack luster?

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• I like the newer music, but I want BTS to make a comeback with a full album and YG WHERE THE HECK IS BLACKPINK'S COMEBACK.

But music wise solely New kpop>old kpop

And about fandoms, fandoms will always be toxic, there is always going to be bad apples in every fandom. And as fandoms grow, more bad apples appear. Just like how the human population grows, more criminals etc appear.

• 2019 was a good year I discovered twice and itzy (funny because I disliked them) I was obsessed with BTS a great year and feel special release day was so good it made me happy.

As a blink it was terrible I’m so mad because they had only like 10 songs and when they toured in my country I boycotted them now I’m pissed because I’m so dumb :pepecry:

And it was nightmare because they were dragged to hell cant believe it antis made me think that BP were flops

2020 was a great year my fav moments were Wannabe and HYLT release

2021 was mid itzy saved for me

• YG needs to give so many groups comebacks its been too long ;(

• I feel like people are worse now man </3 like people openly anti-ing groups and not getting hate for it? Havent you seen all the skz antis on tiktok and stuff? They treat skz fans like dsmp stans

no I haven't but I've been here since 2012, I've seen some shit you wouldn't want to know about so as for me things are pretty peaceful overall around here.

and as for that skz antis or whatever, just unfollow or something

• Music quality has been the same since 2014 for me which is pretty decent as an average, people who complain about the Korean music industry getting worse seems to be big fot talent stans even though we actually have an incredibly sucessful vocal based group(Mamamoo, they have decent solo careers after all). Also is it just me or is it easier to find non-idol kpop music now which is a good thing(seriously only knew 3 kpop trot songs when I was new to kpop, Love Battery, Omona and Shabang Shabang let's not even get into how hard it ws to find genres that weren't idol music beyond hiphop on the internet).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!