Industry officials criticize Le Sserafim's debut after latest Melon rankings + media liken their debut to "cold noodles"

• Industry officials criticize Le Sserafim's debut after latest Melon rankings + media liken their debut to "cold noodles"

lsf3.png

Article: Le Sserafim = Pyeongyang naengmyeon (cold noodles)?.. 4th gen girl group with "mild" taste

Source: YTN

Various reactions are pouring in over Le Sserafim's debut.

The group made their debut on the 2nd and began full fledged activities with a media and fan showcase. However, the group's results are being considered "weak."

According to Melon, the largest music site in Korea, Le Sserafim debuted at #53 and dropped to #84. The next day, around 5pm on the 3rd, they got pushed out of the Top 100 chart. In addition, they weren't able to rank on other charts like Genie. They were only able to reach #3 on Bugs.

While the group is enjoying popularity with 170,000 in debut album sales and over 20 million views for 'Fearless' MV, their appears to be strange phenomenon with regards to reactions in media vs. charts.

Reactions from critics and the public are also different. First off, while their "racing car" concept photos depicted a strong fearless group and their tennis and high heels photos garnered hot reactions, they also caused controversy over sexualization of minors.

Also, reactions to their debut song 'Fearless' appear to be consistent criticizing the song as "too simple" and "more boring than expected." The public's general opinion currently circulating is that the song is "bland" even after listening several times.

lsf4.png

This is HYBE's first girl group so why can't they keep up on the charts?

Regarding this, a music industry official stated, "It's true their debut song is a bit unfamiliar when you first listen to it but it's a song that does leave an impression because it's different from other girl groups. Unlike idol songs that are generally addictive with a "hook", 'Fearless' is centered on various melody lines on minor chords so it gives an honest and chic feeling throughout the song."

Another official stated, "It's true the group's various controversies prior to debut were a huge influence in their popularity as they became a hot topic. But this also made it difficult for the public to consume the song with a peace of mind. That's why they're not able to use that power to influence the charts."

However, Le Sserafim is a group that has only just taken its first steps. Perhaps they're desperately realizing the "high wall" of the industry right now.

Will HYBE's first girl group get frustrated by this "high hurdle" or overcome it "fearlessly?"

comment.png

• Well it was obvious but it also makes you think that overall Fearless is more Pop song than Kpop song :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well, at least let them do music shows before making this hot take industry "officials".

Even O.O rose after that, and this song is in no way nearly as hated or polarizing.

It is kind of boring, but it's not bad. So, I'm confident it will rise.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• i liked their debut. i think it was different and it did make them stand out. in a few years people will be raving about how good their debut was :reading-raccoon:

but honestly i don’t mind these negative articles coming out every other day. it is promotion after all :wellr:

• did they write this like 5 minutes after they debuted cause they've been rising and comparatively doing better than other recently debuted girl groups...?

• I do agree that was a pretty bland debut. I hope they figure out how to use the one with the deep voice better because she has the ability to really nail the killing parts.

• It's true their debut song is a bit unfamiliar when you first listen to it but it's a song that does leave an impression because it's different from other girl groups

This is why i love "fearless " so much :lover1::lover1::lover1:

the girls didn't even start promoting the song '-'

the fact that they are already #86 on Melon without any promotion is a good sign that the song will gain more popularity with promo

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• But they're rising in chart, trending korea yt and among the top search, doing great in Spotify. Not to mention their members especially Kazuha and Sakura trending everywhere. So, what is the cold noodles here?

Not related to this, but I noticed Op always post hate topic especially towards hybe artist even over not popular topic at all. I'm not company stan, but I guess it's obvious you hate them. I just wish someone will do what you do here to you in real life, which mean if you mean nothing bad then good for you.

• The problem is that they are going the wrong way on the charts, 56 to 83 to out of the top 100.

But they can always reverse it.

The part that I liked is that it does sound different than most kpop.

But the Korean general public may not be feeling it.

• this article must be old bc they are charting well on bugs, genie, and flo now. and they're very close to melon daily chart top 100 which would keep them solidified in top 100. if that trot singer with his whole album on the chart hadn't debuted on the same day they'd already be in.

this rhetoric is so confusing bc this happened to pretty much every big 4th gen ggs debut? yall are not slick

who's your favorite artist?

• Didn't other girl groups from big companies also not perform as well as expected in the beginning? Why are they trying to single out this group as if they're doing worse than everyone? Isn't eleven the only recent debut that smashed it out of the park?

• they're not going the wrong way, they're rising pretty much everywhere or stable

• this article must be old bc they are charting well on bugs, genie, and flo now. and they're very close to melon daily chart top 100 which would keep them solidified in top 100. if that trot singer with his whole album on the chart hadn't debuted on the same day they'd already be in.

this rhetoric is so confusing bc this happened to pretty much every big 4th gen ggs debut? yall are not slick

article was posted yesterday

281505896_hybe.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!