I'm going to stan (G)I-DLE HARDER than before

• Something I really like about idle is that compared to many groups they are one of the most 'real'. Sure, as they are a part of a business, profit requires them to lie or "hide the truth" on various instances

The international SJWs went down hard on idle and demanded them to apologize over CA. I think those SJWs are asking for more than what they are entitled to. IDLE likes to represent itself a "global" group but the reality is that after the corona and all that, their real base of operations is East Asia. And the "global" aspect is more like a special shine to their image for their East Asian costumers to consume. The only exception is the KDA projects, but that weaboo-ish crowd doesn't really consist of that many SJWs compared to twitter stans.

Now after an actress got involved with the Soojin bullying controversy, I'm starting to believe that Soojin may have done bullying in her past and it was grievous enough for the alleged victims (including the actress?) to risk a lawsuit and seek their own justice. But I also think Soojin may have changed to become a better person overall. Nobody knows how idols really are, and Irene's case was the perfect example yet most fans haven't learned that lesson.

There's a possibility Soojin leaves the group, just as there is for 'nothing' to really happen. The actress may still clarify that there's a misunderstanding or the accusers may be caught fabricating or exaggerating things. But what it seems is that they aren't backing down. They will probably fight with Cube if they have to. Soojin was also my least favorite member since debut because I didn't like her aura. As I saw more of her I began to like her more as a member of the group.

Whatever happens to IDLE I think they will come out stronger in a certain way. Literally no human is perfect and everyone has flaws. I don't think Soojin's career should be over just for what happened in middle school but the public will decide with their money. To me this is a trial by fire, and if IDLE does the right things I think as a group and as individuals they can continue improving even if things wont be the same anymore.

• g idle wont flop because of this, suju and bb have even more scandals and are doing just fine

They're male idols, and they're more famous and have stronger fandoms. So i don't think we can compare them to idle. A relatively new gg.

• Even though I'm not a Soojin stan, I'd be appalled if she had to quit over this stuff. I think she's an essential part of (G)I-DLE's identity, both in terms of vocals and performance. It would be a huge blow to the group and I really don't know if they could recover from it.

Nah they can recover. Wonho left mx and everyone said they would flop because Wonho was the most popular member/face of the group yet MX's most successful comebacks and daesangs happened without him. I think it would be another story if it was Soyeon leaving, then that would be similar to B.I's departure which pretty much tanked iKon as B.I was the hitmaker of the group.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Cube has a history of throwing their idols under the bus. Soojin does well for her role but she’s no Hyuna and even Hyuna got the boot. so there’s always a chance Cube does it to save face

Maybe they did back then but 4Minute's disbandment almost costed them their existence as a company. If not for (G)I-DLE, they would be almost irrelevant right now. So I hope this time they gonna think twice about it.

• I'm going to stan SNSD HARDER than before

Something I really like about soshi is that compared to many groups they are one of the most 'real'. Sure, as they are a part of a business, profit requires them to lie or "delay their comeback" on various instances

The international netizens went down hard on soshi and demanded them to release a new song. I think those netizens are asking for more than what they are entitled to. SNSD likes to represent itself a "global" group but the reality is that after the corona and all that, their real base of operations is Korea. And the "global" aspect is more like a special shine to their image for their westerners costumers to consume. The only exception is the Oh!GG/SNSD TTS projects, but that crowd doesn't really consist of that many netizens compared to twitter stans.

Now after Taeyeon got involved in a date gossip with Ravi, I'm starting to believe that Tae may have done dating in her past and it was nice enough that she allegedly is doing it again, but now she is risking her career, with dispatch following the two. But I also think Tae may have become an even better person overall. Nobody knows how idols really are, and Soojin's case was the perfect example yet most fans haven't learned that lesson.

Whatever happens to SNSD I think they will come out stronger in a certain way. Literally no human is perfect and everyone has flaws. I don't think Taeyeon's career should be over just for what happened in some romantic dinner, but the public already decided, they support her. To me this is a trial by fire, and if SNSD does the right things I think as a group and as individuals they can continue improving even if things wont be the same anymore after Jessica's departure.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!